• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High perm oscillator.

Here's a video of the new oscillator:

https://youtu.be/qGIuoLHgX9c

Comment

• Twin wash tub coil silicon steel core electromagnet.

We can see the solder joint a little to the right of the center between the coils. Also, then backing ceramic block which I place under the coaster beneath the electromagnet and the silicon steel core visible inside the top coil core: This version is delivering some gauss per watt dividends!

Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-24-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Inductance comparison.

The 500 Newton electromagnet measures .052 Henries of inductance; The silicon steel coil .101. That makes the home made electromagnet twice as powerful, at over 200 pounds of attraction force!

Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-25-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Electromagnet force comparison tests.

What's the best way to measure and compare magnetic attraction force between electromagnets? I'm showing two different electromagnets , one with twice the measured inductance of the other. I can demonstrate that the home made electromagnet with twice the inductance will drop two ceramic block magnets at the same spacing distance the electromagnet with half it's inductance will only drop one.

People grow skeptical about input. The input is fixed at 1500 ma at 12 volts through a 12 volt D.C. wall transformer. The electromagnet with half the inductance will draw the same power, and produce twice the waste heat as the electromagnet with double the inductance. The double the inductance electromagnet transforms the waste power into magnetic field attraction strength. That's the difference!

I'm setting up to perform this test. I need to buy a laser heat measurement instrument to insure accuracy.

What's the corollary? The electromagnet with twice the inductance will generate twice the electrical power from a magnet of equal strength and motion. I'll follow up with this test comparison in due course.
          Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-25-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Electromagnetic coil heat comparisons

I went shopping and purchased a Model AR350 Non-contact infrared thermometer. I connected each coil to a 1000 ma 12 volt wall transformer, and measured the temperature of each coil every two minutes for a period of ten minutes. Each coil went up around one degree Fahrenheit every two minutes.

Let's say one coil is generating twice the magnetic attraction field as the other, what inference can we draw? It's probably safe to assume that they're drawing around the same power.

More tests to continue.
            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-25-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Permeability of Electromagnets

"If cores of different materials with the same physical dimensions are used in the electromagnet, the strength of the magnet will vary in relation to the core material being used. This variation in the magnetic strength is due to the number of flux lines passing through the central core. if the magnetic material has a high permeability then the flux lines can easily be created and pass through the central core and permeability (μ) and it is a measure of the ease by which the core can be magnetised".

This law above is universally acknowledged. The revelation here is that, not only will the strength of the electromagnet increase in relation to the material being used but the "Electrical Output" from the material of higher permeability will increase in direct proportion to the increase in field strength.

That translates into that: Doubling the inductance of a magnet pump oscillator with a higher perm core will quadruple the COP.

I plan to demonstrate this with scientific accuracy.
              Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-26-2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Horseshoe stator coil inductance

The inductance of the two washtub coils mounted on the synchronous laminated "U" stator is .304 Henries. This opens the door to a new kind of oscillator with permanent magnets of opposite polarity attached to the silicon ferrite "I" stator to attract and neutralize with the spring press switch. This is too good a deal to pass up.

The horseshoe configuration coupled with the laminated steel core boasts the inductance tremendously. The air core coils alone measure only .018 Henries. The laminated horseshoe core multiplies the magnetic strength of the coils over 16 times. I'll try to get it pumping tomorrow.

Would two sets of horseshoe stator coils in a bucking configuration MEG be 32 times over unity with a pair of field rocking SPDT switches?
                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-26-2018, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Washtub stator MEG COP measurements.

I PMH locked two horseshoe washtub stators with the coils on each side, and pulsed one and measured voltage output on the other. The D.C. voltage in measured 9.92 at one amp. The output measured .31 volts on a D.C. pulse and 1.30 on current reversal both on the A.C. and D.C. scale.

Interesting results but no sign of spectacular gain from this setup. What's interesting is that I pre-calculated the COP at 32 X OU and it measured out at exactly the inverse of 1/32 the voltage on pulse! Coincidence? I was exactly correct minus a plus sign! This makes me wonder if there's a hidden increase in output amperage that balances the reduction in voltage? That means it would have to be generating 32 amps out. I'll try and look for it.

More inscrutable results from "Warp factor".
                  Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-26-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Treadmill.

My tests so far are telling me that the higher the core perm the greater the transformer spread, and I'm still on the same treadmill. The only thing of value I learned so far is that the oscillator increases voltage and decreases amperage while the pulsed D.C. MEG reduces voltage and increases amperage. Perhaps a worthwhile discovery.
                    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-26-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• 3k inductance

These twin synchronous coils measure .018 Henries alone, and nearly 3000 times as much with the horseshoe stator and cross bar:

Comment

• Here's a simple attraction oscillator with the washtub stator and an SPDT spring pressure switch wired in series to the power through the inside electrodes of the switch: The outer SPDT switch electrodes will output a very powerful backspike. The flipper is unfastened at the back and vibrates out of position.

https://youtu.be/KzsBT8ZVeHQ

Here's an earlier video where the oscillator's chattering faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pib8eVGJw
                        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-26-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• "Skidroad" flyback transformer.

I'm blinking a reverse biased 12 volt LED off inductive kickback with a synchronous motor stator oscillator. This stator coil measures over 1/2 a Henry in inductance. The input is only 9 volts. I'm taking the kickback directly off the coil electrodes. I'm setting up to take it off the SPDT switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPJFRlajlk
                          Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-27-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Flyback oscillator and MEG transformer.

Here's a picture of the oscillator with all four SPDT wires attached to the switch, a duct tape hinge on the end of the ferrite flipper, and the kickback transformer:

Comment

• Formula for inductive kickback.

"A steady state direct current of 4 ampere passes through a solenoid coil of 0.5H. What would be the back emf voltage induced in the coil if the switch in the above circuit was opened for 10mS and the current flowing through the coil dropped to zero ampere".

We can see that the voltage of the inductive kickback is the inductance in Henrys times the current in amperage over the frequency of the current interruption in seconds:

This is where increasing core inductance pays it's rent in higher output.

What I discovered during the course of this thread is that core inductance functions as turns of copper in a transformer wrap. The ratio of core inductance to high voltage transformation was cited above in my MEG comment.

Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-27-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• 2 Henry "E" core oscillator and inductive kickback

I measured the flyback voltage off a 2 Henry laminated silicon steel "E" core attraction oscillator; Here's the video: Following our formula above for inductive kickback voltage, to solve for frequency: 25 volts of inductive kickback, at 1 amp, times 2 Henries of inductance factors out to a divisor of .5 seconds or 2 Hertz. That's 120 oscillations per minute.

https://youtu.be/vKc0TI76T5c
                                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-27-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X