X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turion
    replied
    bi,
    Have you found a spine? Ready to make that bet yet? (You HAD to know that was coming. LOL)

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Originally posted by Turion View Post
    Altrez,
    There is a very SIMPLE test you can do to prove what I have been saying. Not sure if I brought this up before, but I might have. I talked to a lot of different people, including by email, so I am always running off at the mouth. Anyway, this is the test, and it requires NO special motor to get results, although a pulse motor will make the results more obvious.

Charge your battery, let it rest, and use your battery analyzer to measure it and record your results.
    Now, connect a simple boost module to the battery and set the output to 14 volts. Run your motor at a constant (measured) RPM for a set amount of time...say 30 minutes connected directly to the positive and negative output of the boost module. When finished, let the battery rest and measure your results after the battery has recovered.

Recharge the battery and let it rest.
    Set the output of the boost module to around 26 volts. Connect the positive out of the boost module to one side of the motor, and the other side of the motor to the positive of the battery. You may need to increase the output of the boost module to get it to run the motor at the same RPM as it ran directly off the boost module rather than between the positives as it is running NOW. If necessary, make the voltage adjustment to get the same RPM. Run the motor for the SAME amount of time at the SAME RPM. Then let the battery rest for the SAME amount of time and measure the battery.
    Simple test. No one should be able to argue with the results. But they will.
    Turion,
    have you run this test?
    bi

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Altrez,
    There is a very SIMPLE test you can do to prove what I have been saying. Not sure if I brought this up before, but I might have. I talked to a lot of different people, including by email, so I am always running off at the mouth. Anyway, this is the test, and it requires NO special motor to get results, although a pulse motor will make the results more obvious.

Charge your battery, let it rest, and use your battery analyzer to measure it and record your results.
    Now, connect a simple boost module to the battery and set the output to 14 volts. Run your motor at a constant (measured) RPM for a set amount of time...say 30 minutes connected directly to the positive and negative output of the boost module. When finished, let the battery rest and measure your results after the battery has recovered.

Recharge the battery and let it rest.
    Set the output of the boost module to around 26 volts. Connect the positive out of the boost module to one side of the motor, and the other side of the motor to the positive of the battery. You may need to increase the output of the boost module to get it to run the motor at the same RPM as it ran directly off the boost module rather than between the positives as it is running NOW. If necessary, make the voltage adjustment to get the same RPM. Run the motor for the SAME amount of time at the SAME RPM. Then let the battery rest for the SAME amount of time and measure the battery.
    Simple test. No one should be able to argue with the results. But they will.

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    I picked up 3 of theses battery's for the 3 battery test's.

-Altrez

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    Just a quick update. I got most everything in place for the first real test. I am however having issues with building a pulse motor! I haven't been able to complete that task as of yet. I hope everyone is doing well!

-Altrez

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Originally posted by shylo View Post
    You guys gotta learn to collect from both sides
    Use half bridges, FWB cancel each other.
    Just try it what can it hurt?
    Do you have a diagram of what actually you are talking about? Concerning which circuits?

Leave a comment:

• shylo
    replied
    You guys gotta learn to collect from both sides
    Use half bridges, FWB cancel each other.
    Just try it what can it hurt?

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    Childish? I haven't even BEGUN to act childish. Reminding you that you are too cowardly to make that bet is LESS than child's play. LOL
    how is Greyland? is he down?

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Childish? I haven't even BEGUN to act childish. Reminding you that you are too cowardly to make that bet is LESS than child's play. LOL

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    bi,
    Did you REALLY think I would respond to YOUR question when you have ignored mine fourteen or MORE times? How about that bet? Grow a spine t
    yet?
    Hi Turion,

No, I didn't think I'd get an intelligent response from you. But I did expect something not so childish. Silly me.

Regards,
    bi

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    bi,
    Did you REALLY think I would respond to YOUR question when you have ignored mine fourteen or MORE times? How about that bet? Grow a spine t
    yet?

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    Originally posted by bistander View Post

Do you realize that is not LiFePO4?

Might be a heck of deal, shipping included. I didn't think USPS or any other common carriers would ship Lithium that size. Let us know.

Thanks,
    bi
    I did not know that, I just thought they looked like a good deal and I got them for almost half off using eBay bucks and cash back so around $170 for three shipped. I will let everyone know how well they work and if they are easy to use. Here is a message I got from the seller.

"Hello, I don't have a specific recommendation but any charger that can charge Lipo will be useful just remember to set these charge and discharge cut off voltages if you're gonna charge them in series
    Charge Voltage: 42 Volts
    Discharge Voltage: 30 Volts

These are the cutoff voltages if you're gonna charge them individually
    Charge Voltage 4.10 Volts
    Discharge Voltage 3.0 Volts"

In case someone would like to learn more about Lithium battery's I am posting this link:

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/...of_lithium_ion

-Altrez
    Last edited by altrez; 07-13-2020, 09:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    Originally posted by altrez View Post

Thanks for posting that link. I went ahead an picked one up to play with.

-Altrez

Edit:

I went ahead and got 3. I will let everyone know how well they work.
    Do you realize that is not LiFePO4?

Might be a heck of deal, shipping included. I didn't think USPS or any other common carriers would ship Lithium that size. Let us know.

Thanks,
    bi

Leave a comment:

• bistander
    replied
    alter,
    I purchased ONE Lithium Iron battery, and ended up taking it apart because the BMS wouldn't allow me to do what I wanted to do. Since that time I have only purchased cells and put my own battery together. These are the BMS chips I am using with the cells.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1
    Hi Turion,

That's interesting. Are you using 4 in series? What cells? How do you hook these boards up?

Thanks,
    bi

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• BroMikey
    replied
    the BMS wouldn't allow me

BMS chips I am using with the cellls

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    BMS = Battery Management Systems
    These small chips can be produced many ways. Like a laptop, the battery charges and delivers power to the pc at the same time where as other companies only allow charging OR discharging separately. After that I am not sure what else these BMS chips can do. They do have charge limiting circuits. This is done in 4 stages.
    Last edited by BroMikey; 07-13-2020, 12:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X