• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold plasma concepts

I found this video helpful in further understanding and categorizing
    cold plasm. Gives a compare contrast to hot plasma then The shows
    how raising the frequency and voltage with a thin dielectric
    barrier (a tube in this case) helps refine the cold plasma.

https://youtu.be/jRZkrrcDKb0
    Last edited by mikrovolt; 04-25-2019, 08:45 AM.

I'm posting this here since this topic is related to my query, hoping someone might have an answer.

I saw a short of someone playing with what might have been an old Tesla style diathermy machine: Radiant or Cold electricity??

The potential can be seen to be high enough to break past the insulation surrounding the wire but the odd thing is the arcs and plasma don't cause any kind of damage to either the skin or the insulation around the wire.

I've heard of something like this before from this file SINGLE-WIRE ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEM FOR RENEWABLE-BASED ELECTRIC GRID where it's described as Reactive Plasma that they managed to get in a resonant single wire spark gap, and the other place this seems to show up is in French Patent # 817,556 "Perpetual Electrostatic Force"

Outside of these sources I've not been able to find more information on this phenomena, and this non-destructive plasma doesn't show up in any normal resonant Tesla coil (the insulation can be damaged from arcing), as can be seen there are no specific gases involved in any of these instances of this occurring.

This video may also be of the same subject: Tesla Arc Lighting Radiant "Cold Electricity" + Newman Effect in AC Synchronous Magnet Motors -The white color and non-destructive nature of the flame from this reminds me of what I read in Peter's Cold Electricity book.

I used to think this came about from the voltage potential and current being 180 degrees apart at resonance, another idea that comes to mind is this effect occurs in at resonance in systems that have no magnetic current flow in them, though I'm not really convinced on that idea since Tesla coils are open circuits and they don't typically show this effect.

I'm not so sure about either of those ideas and I'd like a second opinion from people with more knowledge on the subject, if anyone has any answers or ideas on what exactly causes these plasma breakouts to be non-destructive I'd be very interested to know more.

And if there's any possibility of making this effect work with Aaron's Plasma Ignition system that'd be a very desirable goal, since it would eliminate the spark gap deterioration problem reducing maintenance, assuming a spark like this could still trigger ignition.
    Last edited by JenkoRun; 10-20-2024, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X