My Battery Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Battery Charger

I'm using a 555 timer with horizontal driver transistor to drive a 5.6 ohm coil that i wound on a 2 inch nail. This then connects to a bridge rectifier and to a 70,000uf cap. from here it drives two chokes on both sides of the battery polarity and cap polarity.

Sometimes I get some pretty interesting and strange effects when adjusting the frequency's. like multi-harmonics and other effects. Below are some pics of my circuit and battery's under charge, sorry about the bad images.

Sometimes it seems that when i hit a particular frequency, I get a large voltage increase across my battery's and the current that drives the circuit drops to like 100ma, at this point the battery charges like crazy. I can't explain it totally.

P.S. and everything runs nice and cool!
    Attached Files

nice battery charger whats your fastest battery charge time

Comment

batt time

so far it looks about constant for 3 batterys at 7ah/20h each.
      time about 6-7 hours from 12.30 to 13.4 vdc roughly...
      Last edited by quantum2007; 12-22-2007, 07:55 AM.

Comment

important links

Check out the following neat info!

litz coil winder....
        http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ilar-wire.html

skin effect, proximity effect & litz wire
        Skin Effect

More on litz wire, steven mark and electrostatics
        The Master Of Magnetics "Steven Mark"

All about Diaelectrics
        Dielectrics
        Last edited by quantum2007; 12-23-2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Update:

At the moment i'm reading and studying the best way to make a coil and circuit for my charger. i am going ahead with litz wire, but have to do some calcs to figure out how many strands, looks like i'll be winding allot. i'll let you know about the progress I make in upcoming posts here. more reading to do first...

The real eye opener was the first page in a post on radiant energy in this forum!

Comment

Happy Holidays to all of you!

Wishing you all the best over the holidays and a fantastic productive new year!

May we all radiate with energy and enthusiasm!
            Attached Files

Comment

haha nice pic happy holidays to you too

Comment

nice pictures... would you mind to draw your schematic and post it in a picture?

I made solid state charger as well. and played around with different values of capacitors. Your scope picture is what interests me most. I cannot get such values.

Unfortunately, i am not able yet to make/post pictures.

If scope attached to C i see ramp-up voltage. With small C (4.7uF) and can reach 120v max for the ramp.
                The switching of the thyristor seems not be ok. You are using a thyristor?

Comment

reply on circuit

terence123

hi, the 555 is a standard circuit, I use a .1uf cap (pins1,2) and two veribal resistors on (6,7,8) about 100k to 1meg, this feeds a 300ohm resistor to the horizontal output transistor (D716). From here it feeds the coil and then to V+. The coil is 5.6 ohm dc, 10mh. The coil was made on a 2 inch nail. playing with different frequency's will then give some strange oscillations and strange scope images, you just have to play with it.

Comment

I have done some experiments with pulsing coils before ...

Hi quantum!

I have done some experiments to verify the amount of output one can get out of pulsing coils, it is interesting to note that when I play with the function generator it seems that there is a point where the current draw is minimum and increases by changing the frequency either increasing or decreasing it.

I think that is the point of maximum efficiency. Your Battery charger does the same thing and generates Radiant energy by pulsing a coil.

You can see my tests here:
                    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post13545

Elias
                    Last edited by elias; 12-26-2007, 08:15 PM.
                    Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
                    http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

Hi Elias,

YES! exactly, you hit the sweet spot and the current drops. the lowest I have had was 78ma at 12 volts. my output however was rising and peaked at around 230 volts dc through a small 100uf cap. the rate of charge was quick. I like nails because I started with them long ago, they go into saturation rapidly, they have a quick response curve. Look at my frequency in the picture on the scope, i was running between 26khz and 50khz.

There is a trade off of minimum current to charge rate output. Frequency can hit the resonance freq of the coil and core. i'm now making litz wire, which should be interesting.

Comment

Litz 3 wire maker

Well, it's more difficult then it looked and more time consuming then i thought. Most problems with the design deal with having the correct friction resistance between the wire bobbins and the turning friction when holding it to create the wire, and the friction of the entire rotor when turning it. It's a very slow process, and constantly needs adjusting of the bobbin friction. i'm not sure how to over come this. this is my first prototype to making one of these (see link above). anyway, heres a picture of it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X