Anyone Ever Try Stainless Grating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Ever Try Stainless Grating?

Obviously i am a newbie and am working on building a smacks unit and will get a EFIE device from Redmeanie.I have already been thinking about my next design and was thinking about building the plates out of stainless grating that is about 1/8 inch thick.I am not talking about stainless mesh like is in the one video but instead grating.What does anyone think about this?Will the holes in the grating reduce output greatly?Any suggestions appreciated.

Originally posted by glassjeg6 View Post
    Obviously i am a newbie and am working on building a smacks unit and will get a EFIE device from Redmeanie.I have already been thinking about my next design and was thinking about building the plates out of stainless grating that is about 1/8 inch thick.I am not talking about stainless mesh like is in the one video but instead grating.What does anyone think about this?Will the holes in the grating reduce output greatly?Any suggestions appreciated.
    You are talking like old school BBQ pit Grating Correct? If so it will work, But the wire mesh and Stainless Perf (Looks Like PegBoard with a bunch more holes closer together works VERY Well. That is the main component of a Booster Design Myself and Tarkus are working on. As long as it is configured right it has some VERY Good Out Put Capabilities. Im thinking with the grating the overall size of a sheet will be missing ALLOT of Plate area do to the large holes. But hey if your getting it free then try it, if your buying it you might be better off going another route.

RedMeanie
    (psst...Don't Tell Anyone, But I'm Really Not Mean!)

Comment

This is a picture of the style grating it is.This doesn't look like stainless but it is just dirty from being on the pit a while.I will give it a try since i can get it for free.I have also seen some of the pegboard type you are speaking of and might have to try that afterwards.
      jvm1000.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X