Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Newman Replication

There are definately alot of nice duplications on Youtube,
    but I have never seen one with this kind of speed!!!
    YouTube - Newman motor 1

It would seem like this could be easily scaled up a little
    to drive a permanent magnet alternator for some big gains!
    Permanent Magnet Alternators PMA wind power wind turbines wind mills PMG Permanent Magnet generators PMA wind turbines hydro power wind turbine

Thoughts????

Standard Motor Behavior

Originally posted by bobo36us View Post
    There are definately alot of nice duplications on Youtube,
    but I have never seen one with this kind of speed!!!
    YouTube - Newman motor 1

It would seem like this could be easily scaled up a little
    to drive a permanent magnet alternator for some big gains!
    Permanent Magnet Alternators PMA wind power wind turbines wind mills PMG Permanent Magnet generators PMA wind turbines hydro power wind turbine

Thoughts????
    Dear Bobo,

While this YouTube video is nice, there is actually nothing new in it. The Newman Motor has a permanent magnet rotor and an air core coil for a stator. This arrangement produces mechanical energy by Faraday's direct induction, which means that if you spin the magnetic rotor, it GENERATES a reverse voltage in the windings. It also means that the FEWER turns of wire in the coils, the FASTER the rotor will turn because the system needs more speed to generate enough REVERSE VOLTAGE to shut down the input current to the point where it is TOO WEAK to accelerate anymore.

So, this unit goes fast because he only has 200 turns of wire on it. No mystery!

Run some experiments for yourself. You will see that in many motor configurations, fewer turns of wire in the coils makes the motor turn faster. This is not universally true, but it is true in this case. And by the way, faster does not mean more efficient either. There is always a "bell curve" where efficiency is best in relation to the various physical parameters of the motor.

Back to the movie, so when he takes the top coil off, the speed goes down and the current draw goes up. With the top coil removed, the rotor only has 100 turns of magnetic field to motivate it, so it turns slower. The second coil is still in the circuit, but it doesn't have the rotor's magnetic field in it to produce any REVERSE VOLTAGE, so the total Back EMF in the system is cut in half....so the current draw goes up. Again, no mystery!

The balance between the forward EMF and the backward EMF in a motor like this always explains what is happening, and why.

Beyond that, there is nothing new here. The guy who made this is just trying to show his friend something. That's it.

Peter
    Peter Lindemann, D.Sc.

Open System Thermodynamics Perpetual Motion Reality Electric Motor Secrets
    Battery Secrets Magnet Secrets Tesla's Radiant Energy Real Rain Making
    Bedini SG: The Complete Handbook Series Magnetic Energy Secrets

Comment

Thanks Peter!

Hi Peter,

First and foremost, thanks for your thoughts, and taking the
      time to read the post and view the video!!!

It seems that Joe Newmans motor and your own Rotary Attraction
      Motor share at least one thing, neither of you complete the ground
      circuit, allowing your motors to run on just a few milliamps.

His just seems much easier to duplicate (LOL)

But I am a little confused. You say "the FEWER turns of wire in the coils, the FASTER the rotor will turn"..........isn't that a good thing? I absolutely DO understand that faster does NOT mean more efficient, but at the same time, Joe Newman (and physics?) say that speed equals power!

Back to the original question, could that motor in the video be scaled
      up a little to drive the PMA (Permanent Magnet Alternator) for a net
      gain in electricity, and what are your thoughts on the efficiency of PMA's
      versus custom built generators?

One last thing. Joe Newman's book HAS convinced me that we are all
      living in a sea of energy with unlimited amperage (but I am sure you
      already knew this). All we need to do is flip the high voltage (milli amp)
      switches, and tell it what to do!!!!!!!!!

Bobo

Comment

Bobo, those PMA"s i know some one who put one on an RV and wanted to Freq drive the RV as the Prime mover.

they state this
        >Our PMA's can get very hot so they need air ventilation holes.

You bet, i am guessing its Eddie currents? He could not drive it on his RV it over heated. Be careful driving them at high RPM.

Ash

Comment

Working...
        X