• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real fancy way to adjust the efie

YouTube - HHO VMU Vehicle Management Unit x (Alexis) Hydroxy Boosters
    HHO VMU Computer

Produce is here.
    HHO Vehicle Management Unit - Microprocessor Controller for HHO Cells. Controls PWM up to 85A, MAP/MAF Sensor and up to 4 O2 Sensors. Monitors up to 2 Cells in *F or *C selectable. Designed for the Alexis Hydroxy Fuel Cell, but will work with other Hydroxy units as well.

Features:

* CPU: RISC Processor (all operations saved to Non-Volatile Memory)
    * O2: Manages up to 4 sensors controlled (parallel mode) with optional startup delay
    * MAP/MAF: Manages 1 sensor with optional startup delay
    * PWM: Produces 1 output (multiple cells supported) up to 60A 85A.
    * TEMP: Manages 2 independent sensors for up to 2 cells or one cell and one bubbler (sensors are included).
    * Features: Smart Cell Management based on temperature and optionally, speed.
    * Screen: Monochrome LCD with color backlight.
    * I/O: Resistive Touch-Screen
    * AI: Proprietary algorithm to partially void the ECU learning capabilities
    * Options: ODBII, GPS (both are plug-in interfaces for speed monitoring)
    * Firmware upgradable via USB: Downloadable bios updates will be available from our web-site free of charge to all customers.
    * Warranty: 1 year parts and labor

Alexis V2 with VMU kits.

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post
    YouTube - HHO VMU Vehicle Management Unit x (Alexis) Hydroxy Boosters
    HHO VMU Computer

Produce is here.
    HHO Vehicle Management Unit - Microprocessor Controller for HHO Cells. Controls PWM up to 85A, MAP/MAF Sensor and up to 4 O2 Sensors. Monitors up to 2 Cells in *F or *C selectable. Designed for the Alexis Hydroxy Fuel Cell, but will work with other Hydroxy units as well.

Features:

* CPU: RISC Processor (all operations saved to Non-Volatile Memory)
    * O2: Manages up to 4 sensors controlled (parallel mode) with optional startup delay
    * MAP/MAF: Manages 1 sensor with optional startup delay
    * PWM: Produces 1 output (multiple cells supported) up to 60A 85A.
    * TEMP: Manages 2 independent sensors for up to 2 cells or one cell and one bubbler (sensors are included).
    * Features: Smart Cell Management based on temperature and optionally, speed.
    * Screen: Monochrome LCD with color backlight.
    * I/O: Resistive Touch-Screen
    * AI: Proprietary algorithm to partially void the ECU learning capabilities
    * Options: ODBII, GPS (both are plug-in interfaces for speed monitoring)
    * Firmware upgradable via USB: Downloadable bios updates will be available from our web-site free of charge to all customers.
    * Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
    Yes Ash, after sifting through all the kits currently available, I've gone ahead and purchased the twin Alexis V2 kit, with VMU USB cable as well.

It appears to be a well sorted kit.

Hopefully it will arrive in the next week or so, they've upgraded all the fittings to stainless for me, and will also be fitting 1 way valves as a late addition to my order.

I'm looking forward to testing it.

Comment

Hi Ross can you keep us all informed how it preforms?, do you have an ECU on your car?

Ash

Comment

Alexis tests

Hi Ross can you keep us all informed how it preforms?, do you have an ECU on your car?

Ash

Hi Ash,

The engine I initially plan to test it on is a pre pollution 312 Holden V8, heavily modified for performance. It has no pollution control equipment whatsoever.
        Picture 520

It has a ceramic coated manifold, ceramic coated twin performance exhaust system, TRW forged steel pistons and chrome moly rings.

The ignition is well covered by a big cap Bosch HEI, 9mm leads, and is running Brisk HOR15LGS Premium plugs. I'm currently liasing with Nology and hope to secure a set of "Hotwire" spark plug leads to get the most from this set up.

This engine has a blueprinted 650 double pumper Holley that has been further modified by drilling out the idle incenduries to counter low vacuum, which is a by product of running the Crane 288 Hydraulic camshaft.

All that aside, this is a very well tuned engine, economy is great for the power it produces.

I do have a completely standard VY Commodore V6(60k on clock) here that the Alexis kit will be tested as well.

I have an exhaust gas analyser on hand, a laser thermometer, and a digital multitester.

I'm not sure if you saw the results of my recent spark plug indexing tests, as opposed to the Brisk concept plug tests. I'll post the link in case you missed it.
        Spark Plug Indexing - Holdenpaedia

As you can see, my tests are fair dinkum, and the Alexis is going to be tested in more detail than that hopefully, with the results posted both here and at oldholden.com.

While my plan is to mainly focus on the V8 engine, I can easily switch the testing over to the V6 Commodore should people want to see those results first.

I'm sure you can appreciate, that while there's a lot of interest in fitting HHO to the newer type engines, there's also quite a bit of interest by people with the older type engines as well.

I'll have more than enough HHO output(up to 6 LPM) for either application, and I'll likely be running the twin gens on the V6 as well, yet may be reducing the HHO production and running an overall "cooler" system on the V6, should that be found to be the best method.

Either way, I expect some interesting results.

Comment

Ross

Nice set up mate, thankfully you wont have to deal with the oxy sensor, so that computer unit will be okay to monitor the improvement, hopefully its all calibrated etc.

Thanks for the feedback on the results. I had a look at the Alexis cells, hopefully they wont have any heating issues they are a bit X'y. I do know of a bench tested unit which has 4-10 hours behind it as stable an has an nice out put of 2LPM at 20 amps. This has been done by an open source engineer he also does the kits
          Wouter Oosthuizen

Il have it already written up, just getting i proof read send me an email mate if you want the design.

Ash

Comment

I've been watching

Ross

Nice set up mate, thankfully you wont have to deal with the oxy sensor, so that computer unit will be okay to monitor the improvement, hopefully its all calibrated etc.

Thanks for the feedback on the results. I had a look at the Alexis cells, hopefully they wont have any heating issues they are a bit X'y. I do know of a bench tested unit which has 4-10 hours behind it as stable an has an nice out put of 2LPM at 20 amps. This has been done by an open source engineer he also does the kits
            Wouter Oosthuizen

Il have it already written up, just getting i proof read send me an email mate if you want the design.

Ash
            Yes, I'm already aware of that particular unit, and yes, it's of interest. I'll be in touch.

My main reason for choosing the Alexis is that, while it may appear expensive, it really has all bases covered by the VMU, this will auto adjust the twin gens PWM in accordance with the KOH levels, which itself is controlled by the refill tank. The refill tanks are still being designed at this time, and I expect them to look like the V2 and bubbler.

Nice and easy. Start the engine, turn on the whole unit via the VMU, monitor the temps at a glance, drive and monitor, then shut down via the VMU and shut down the engine.

While playing with he outputs could be interesting, I'm liking the auto function for purely practical reasons.

It makes for a nice simple to use system.

On this V8, only the PWM for the gens will be activated, yet I'll still have the option of engaging the Maf/Map and O2 sensor controllers should I opt to switch the kit over to the newer computer controlled engine. This 1 kit does it all really.

If the auto function for the Maf/Map and O2 are not doing what I need on a computer controlled engine, I can upload new Bios free from the seller as well, which will be handy as time goes by and the settings become clearer.

We may see a time where different settings are being applied to different makes and models to fine tune where required. The USB cable covers that.

Comment

Sounds interesting

Roscoe1,

Sounds like a product with many options. How will you manipulate the Mass Air Flow signal to improve mileage/fuel performance?

Using this device sound like you have it coverd coming and going. This is very exciting. To control mix in and out.

Please share your plan at this point...

W
              "But ye shall receive power..."
              Acts 1:8

Comment

Ross

Wouter Oosthuizen

Ash
                We'll need a separate section soon here covering the various units that are out on the market such as the Alexis cell, Wouters unit, Smack's booster etc. This section could house the plans such as Smack's and Wouters as well as user feedback on their performance.
                Ash, where can I find a copy of Wouter's plans? I looked around for them on Pan Univ,WFFA,Google and only saw mention of them being available. May I have a copy or a link to them please?

Comment

There are two cylindrically designs, i have them already in a write up that needs proof reading, drop me a mail every ne and il forward it, it has all the design and every thing we need for newbees

Ash

Comment

Working...
                  X