General Transformer Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Transformer Construction

I am trying to confirm some things I have read about around transformers.
    Specifacly "impedance matching".

I want to build one that does a one to one ratio, but at high voltage. I have scrapped out several to see how they worked. So I got an idea of the general construction but I wanted to confirm that in this case it would be wrapped the same as Bifiliar coil. 2 equal distances of wire around one common flux.

Am I correct.

If anybodyt would be willing to pass links on construction or generally helpful specs I would appriciate that as well.

Cheers
    Matt

Hi Matthew.

I have been exploring some ideas with transformers lately and I have wound a few to experiment with. The first one was for a lighting circuit (Imhoteps) to replace the ignition coil. I had the primary bifilar wound so I could use a simple SG circuit in self oscillation to create HV on the secondary. I tried a couple of different things out, for this instance the windings were not 1 to 1. Note that the ignition coil is about 100-1. I believe there are some specifics on matching the weight of the primary to the weight of the secondary, but I am far from an expert so I will not go into such things. The second pic is a secondary I wound on some PVC, hopefully one day it will have a nice little lightning bolt shooting out from it

The real question I guess is what is its ultimate purpose, this should effect the design somewhat.
    Last edited by ren; 12-03-2009, 10:42 PM.
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

ac vs dc electromagnet

hi

when it comes to efficiency - power consumption vs magnetic field strength - is there any significant difference between ac vs dc electromagnet, attracting piece of iron ?

thanx

Comment

Try experimentation with ferro resonant Trafos
        Or even this transformer
        http://www.panacea-bocaf.org/files/T...%20and%20D.pdf

Comment

Hey thanks Ash....

The reason I need 1 to 1 is very simple.

I have small Mechanical Tesla Switch that right now I rebuilding. The circuit is basically the same as the one outlined in the Free Energy Guide.
          I use a Motor for the Load and a Copper Coated Cam shaft / Brush combo to do the switching.

I also have come up with a pretty descent formula for rate of switching that seem to keep the charge in the system or recover any losses in Back EMF. I allow 2 poles in motor to charge, then I switch. Simple (IE 5 poles in a motor, Switch 2.5 times per revolution)

The one thing I have struggled with is the measurements of power going into and coming out of the motor. Its really hard to guess whats happening when its switching so I set it up on a ONE WAY basis. So that I can watch the power flow.

The simple way circiut is 2 banks of batterries one parrallel and the other in Series. I connect the hots of the banks together and I Connect the grounds to a Bridge Rectifier. Then I power a load via the bridge.
          When I power motor the current going in from the positive side of the bridge is of course regular flat line DC. But when coming out it is 2 waves of AC opposite of each other. SEE bad Hand drawing.

So how I figure it is on the negative side between the motor and and Bridge I have chance to create extra energy.

Because the Motor and Transformers work on the exact same principle with a different outcome. The motor take the current, routed through it and isolates the emmitted photon energy to create a rotory action. The transformer does the same except it creates a current on another wire. All you need is a oscolation in your waveform.

So I want to add a High Amperage Transformer that delivers a 1 to 1 ratio to that end of my circuit and see how much power resides there. I already know that current passing through the device will not be disipated but recollected at the end. But If I can induce more current off the currents emmisions of photons then I got it made. Free Energy. But right now I am only hoping becuase I can't find a high amperage (4 amps or above) 1 to 1 transformer. So I gotta build one.

And thats why I was looking for as much detail As I can find.

The biggest thing I can't find is the winding patterns for the wires. I have tendancy to wanna think the wires are wound in opposite directions around the same flux. But I don't know and I would like to confirm that.

I am painstakingly unwinding a impedance matching tranformer now. So I can find out how its put together.

All the while I have only one thing stuck in my head
          "Transformers, more than meets the eye" (With musical tune) The theme song from my once favorite cartoon.

Cheers
          Matt
          Last edited by Matthew Jones; 08-24-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X