Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overvoltage

Hi all,

Do anybody know why a SLA 12V Battery dont explode when the large voltage spike come into it ? i read everywhere a overvoltage will cause a explosion but after so much test i didnt find that to be true.

Maybe its because the current is very low or because its not a constant 200-600v but pulsed, i realy dont know.I hope someone can explain me that.

Best Regards,
    Eric

Why voltage.

Originally posted by EgmQC View Post
    Hi all,

Do anybody know why a SLA 12V Battery dont explode when the large voltage spike come into it ? i read everywhere a overvoltage will cause a explosion but after so much test i didnt find that to be true.

Maybe its because the current is very low or because its not a constant 200-600v but pulsed, i realy dont know.I hope someone can explain me that.

Best Regards,
    Eric
    My best guess is they let the plates get almost dry, small amount of water in rich electrolyte produces hydrogen in the bottom of the cell. Then it is filled with gas, then when the cell goes dry, spark gap between the plates in a hydrogen filled container... BOOM, flying sulfuric acid everywhere. Not a pretty site.
    See my experiments here...
    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Originally posted by theremart View Post
      My best guess is they let the plates get almost dry, small amount of water in rich electrolyte produces hydrogen in the bottom of the cell. Then it is filled with gas, then when the cell goes dry, spark gap between the plates in a hydrogen filled container... BOOM, flying sulfuric acid everywhere. Not a pretty site.
      Thanks Theremart, realy appreciate.

Best Regards,
      Eric

Comment

Working...
      X