Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscillating Capacitor Circuit

Hi everyone,

today I was playing around with a circuit recommended by YouTube user name: crob227 but I had no luck getting it to work as he recommended. So I took the circuit apart and started testing one component at a time and also added a load to the capacitor. A soon as I did this the load (bulb) started to oscillate. The circuit at that point also had a regular electrical dimmer for home use like crob227 had recommended to use in his circuit. By tuning the dimmer there is a point where the output at the capacitor is at the highest DC voltage to which is also at the point where the circuit is using the least amount of watts according to my new Kill A Watt power consumption meter.

Please have a look at the video which is very complete and post what you think of this simple circuit and effects.

Video: Capacitor Self Pulsing Circuit test 1 - Energetictube.com*-*Where technology goes LIVE!

Here is the data of the tests:

Bulb only on the 120vac 60hz grid:

Voltage to bulb: 121vac
    Amps consumed: .54a
    Watts consumed: 66w
    Volt Amps: 66va
    AC frequency: 59.9hz
    Power Factor: 1.00
    Bulb temperature: 290f. or 143c.

Bulb in circuit supplied by 120vac 60hz grid:

Voltage to circuit: 121vac
    Amps consumed: 2.4a
    Watts consumed: 37w
    Volt Amps: 290va
    AC frequency: 59.9hz
    Power Factor: 0.13
    Bulb temperature: 275f. or 135c.

The Kill A Watt meter I used for testing also has a Kilowatt/hr. test which I did do also. When you plug in the meter it starts the internal clock at that moment, so I did the test with the bulb to the grid only and kept looking until the first digit appeared in the Killowatt/hr. display and looked at the clock and that took 8 minutes. I unplugged the meter to reset the clock and did the test with the bulb attached to the circuit and it took 15 minutes for the first digit to appear.

Thanks for looking.

Luc
    Last edited by gotoluc; 09-13-2008, 01:01 AM.

@everyone,

I think the best test to do to see if this is a Kill A Watt meter measuring problem is to do the test at the homes electrical panel with all the breakers off and use the homes electrical utility meter to measure and see if there is any power saving using the circuit or not.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to do this tomorrow during the day! .. and I'll post my finding.

Stay tuned.

Luc
    Last edited by gotoluc; 09-13-2008, 01:30 AM.

Comment

@everyone,

I did the test as I said using the homes electrical utility meter because that is what counts!... I am sad to report that the Kill A Watt consumption meter was fooled by the circuit but it was not by the homes electrical meter. For one revolution of the dial on the homes electrical meter took 5 minute 30 seconds with the bulb connected to the circuit and took 7 minute 30 seconds with just the bulb connected (no circuit) So that says it all there.

I am happy to have found this great way of testing since some of our electronic testing equipment is not capable of doing the job correctly and this is one good example.

I wounder If I can buy a home electrical analogue meter oh well... I can always use the one that comes with the home

Thanks for looking

Luc

Comment

The circuit you built would create large current pulses.
        For the HHO application that most likely is a great advantage.

Getting accurate readings for pulse circuits is very difficult even for the professionals. Tektronics has some computer software to be used with their oscilloscopes; however: they set limits for its use.

Comment

Working...
        X