Jonnys pulse motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonnys pulse motor

Hi iv'e built a small pulse motor which is looking quite promising but i need some help but i will get to that later.The idea behind it is to recapture the energy used to turn the rotor and send it back to the batteries.I think it was Guyla who said in a previous post to keep off the ground so that got me thinking anyway here is how it works.
    1.When the rotor is spun it triggers an spdt reed switch which allows two 9v batteries in series to flow through my power coil pulsing the rotor and then into a 1000uf capasitor in series.This cap charges up to 18v.
    2.When the reed switch closes the cap dumps into one off the batteries and remains charged at the same level as that battery.
    3.A third battery is also being charged via the bemf from the coil.

The motor at the moment is charging two batteries really well,1 off the run batteries and the battery being recharged by bemf, but this is the bit i need help with.I need to swap the 2 run batteries as economically as possible maybe after each pulse as at the moment i am overcharging the 1 run battery.
    I have attached two circuit diagrams and a picture off the rotor.The rotor is nothing fancy just a cd with 4 small magnets.The yellow wires go to two reed switches in case i have to go with my relay idea for the battery switching but i think the relays will be to power hungry so im hoping someone can help me out with an electronic alternative.
    Circuit 1 is how i have it set up at the moment so you can see it is only recharging 1 off the run bateries.
    circuit 2 is how i can switch the batteries using relays but like i said i think they will be power hungry and also there is the possibility off a dead short.
    Anyway,this is what i have up to now.
    Regards jonnydavro.
    Attached Files

Hi Jonnydavro,

You have built an interesting circuit.

On battery swap circuits: you could study some texts starting at page 156 in Patrick Kelly's PDF book ( Practical Guide to Free-Energy Devices - eBook Download )

Hopefully you can figure out a practical circuit for your needs.

Maybe you could use a fast recovery diode instead of the 1N4001 to catch more flyback pulse from your power coil, the 1N4000 series are very slow types. There is the UF 4000 series with the same voltage and current ratings for instance but they are designed as fast rectifiers ( http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/UF/UF4001.pdf ) of course there are many other fast/ultrafast types as well.

One question on your twin rotor Bedini setup: have you managed to make some pickup coils and also use stronger magnets? Hopefully you did not give up on that.

Regards, Gyula

Comment

Hi gyula,Thanks for the advice on the diodes,i will replace the 4001 with a fast recovery diode.
      I have downloaded Patrick Kellys pdf and looked at page 156 and i think it may be just what i need as it shows an electronic equivalent to an spdt switch so hopefully i can figure it out.Thanks for that.
      Regarding my twin rotor bedini i am still working on it in fact it is my main project at the moment.I have not made any pickup coils as i have been trying to increase torque,but pickup coils are on my to do list.Plenty more to come on this yet.Thanks for your interest and advice.
      Regards jonnydavro.

Comment

Working...
      X