Clear All

• When is a Motor NOT a Motor?

On Halloween, when it's a sWITCH!!!

It's plug and play.
    It charges.
    It softly purrrs.

Build it, watch the polarities...
    The output is alive!

The objective was to exploit a counter intuitive use for a dc motor. Those with scopes... please let me know what you see as to usable form (ranges). Open for thoughts, mods, etc.

The dc motor came out of this product.
    O2COOL® Products - Battery Operated Fans
    Last edited by DavidE; 10-19-2008, 02:09 AM.

Hmmm.

Conventional theorist call much that we do 'making noise.'

Is there an RF component in these devices... you bet, among many others. But why, through the sending of 'noise' can we collect and store 'potential?'

I am beginning to see some evidence for 'scalar attributes' of sending and receiving potential. Now do I go out on a limb by saying this... sure, but until we understand the fundamentals behind what we are sending and holding at a vector for a peroid specific time... we will continue to throw darts, blindfolded.

I tripped into The sWITCH much by accident. "Ren" posted a note to the board referencing a motor being much like a "switch." That got me thinking. How could I prove, and demonstrate that some potential may be produced at the instant of *off-on, a current component waste of common dc motor.

DC Electric Motors

In some test setups with the circuit posted, I noticed that certain combinations of charging (sending) and catching (receiving)... I could measure 2,000v and more at the battery (either side). The amounts measured seemed to vary more based on 'time' than which battery I chose (out of 4). The measured voltages sometimes starting very mild, and then would build into the thousands... is the phenomena that has me captivated.

Does the battery charge? Absolutely, and that in of itself seems counter-intuitive. Captured inductive spikes, in frequency and range that allows for a tipping of potential at the location of the battery.

Upon reflection, it is moments like this... as I gain footholds on the path, that I see the mountain. The more I know, the more I realize... I don't know.

*Like (phenomenologically) Imhotep's current (Relay) Radiant Charger.
    Last edited by DavidE; 10-21-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Does the second battrey charge above the primary battery's voltage?
      "Theory guides. Experiment decides."

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
      Nikola Tesla

Comment

Seph

Most of the time I have run this circuit on a power supply. That voltage runs from 13-16v. This afternoon I am running voltage test on both circuits... Imhotep's Radiant Relay... and this sWITCH circuit.

All the test will be battery (source) to battery (charging). The initial data should be posted later today.

Comment

I ran the circiut using a a 6 volt DC motor, AND IT DID NOT WORK!
          And why would it! Current travels to the closest ground or LOWEST POTENTIAL.

The DC motor I used was out of a drill. Permanent magnetic.

The motor on your product page may be a pulse type motor. In that case you may be draining the coils between firing.

If so thats nothing new.

In fact you probably aren't even getting power from the coil when your using a power supply the current is bypassing the motor when its off and charging the secondary battery.

Dump your output into a capacitor and backcharge the run battery with time pulse discharges. This requires you use a batterry in the front end though.

Cheers
          Matt
          Last edited by Matthew Jones; 10-21-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Test Data Update

Well here is the raw data. It wasn't what I expected... the relay draw is miniscule... the motor significant...

Please review the data and let me know what you see.

Comment

Matt

I ran the circiut using a a 6 volt DC motor, AND IT DID NOT WORK!
              And why would it! Current travels to the closest ground or LOWEST POTENTIAL.

The DC motor I used was out of a drill. Permanent magnetic.

The motor on your product page may be a pulse type motor. In that case you may be draining the coils between firing.

If so thats nothing new.

In fact you probably aren't even getting power from the coil when your using a power supply the current is bypassing the motor when its off and charging the secondary battery.

Dump your output into a capacitor and backcharge the run battery with time pulse discharges. This requires you use a batterry in the front end though.

Matt, I am here to research phenomena in this new field of power. Feel free to pursue whatever course wags your tail. I am just one of the curious boys in the forum, nothing more.

In this vein of research, I have been betrayed more than once by my own conventional electrical beliefs. And in that spirit, from time to time... crawling out on a limb (experimentally) is just part of the game.

Take a look at the data, and tell us what you see... or build a working setup... and produce some test data to share.
              Last edited by DavidE; 10-21-2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Seph

Does the second battrey charge above the primary battery's voltage?
                I believe the answer to your question is in the table of results posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidE View Post
                  Seph

I believe the answer to your question is in the table of results posted above.
                  would that be a no then?

“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”
                  Nikola Tesla

Comment

Seph

Test 2 battery B2 @ 12.34 caused battery Z1 12.57 to gain .04v
                    Test 4 battery B2 @ 12.32 caused battery Z1 12.52 to gain .02v or at rest, a gain of .08v.

So it appears… that a battery at a lower voltage, can cause a gain of voltage to a battery that exceeds the source batteries net start charge.

Comment

but each test is only 5 min duration and there is only 5 min between tests... is it not possible that the battery is still recovering in voltage from when it was put under load? Do you have results from longer duration tests?

Nikola Tesla

Comment

I wasn't trying to beat on ya. I was just skeptical that it would work with just any motor.

You need to find out what of motor your dealing with and let us know instead of saying "7VDC motor" and pointing to a product.

Your work can't be explianed or duplicated if you don't go into detail. The type of motor is a key factor apperantly, because your circuit did not work with a standard DC motor. And if it were working for your with a power supply what I said above would be valid

I have no issues with anything done on this board. I have a total of 7 circuits based on pulse motors that provide at minimum free shaft energy.

Cheers
                        Matt

Comment

Seph

Let's do this. Give me some criteria to use as test parameters, length of time etc. I will perform the test and post the data.

I have no stake in the results, only what we learn through the process.

I will standby...

Comment

Matthew

No worries. I have combed the Internet for the motor model number and manufacturer (for specifications)... so far they have been illusive. I had it apart, looked pretty standard issue dc to me. I will source another motor... maybe from Radio Shack and see what it does.

I am not convinced that all of the effect is based on the motor... but potentially motor-battery interaction. The better conditioned batteries have demonstrated to give up far less voltage when being a source... and charging back much quicker.

It is all good.

Comment

What you might do to improve this

Is try different caps in parallel for on the front for Power Factor correction...

Just a thought.
                              See my experiments here...
                              http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Working...
                              X