Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Powered Battery Charger

Hello

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. If not, my apologies.

I'm looking for a solar powered battery charger for small batteries - AA, AAA, C, D, 9 volt. I've not had much luck so far. I would ideally like for the charger to not take an entire day to charge a couple of batteries (maybe that's wishful thinking?).

I've just recently discovered Sanyo's Eneloop rechargeable batteries and they look like the best rechargeables available but I would like a solar powered charger for them in addition to using AC.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!
    Ann
    Paths To Your Success

Lidmotors Solar SSG (you tube)
    He used AAA's

Comment

solar charger

Hi Ann,

Are you looking to build your own charger or do you want to purchase one already manufactured?
      Sincerely,
      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I don't know if I'm 'techno' minded enough to do it myself, but if it's not too difficult (and not too expensive), I would definitely like to give it a try. But if you know of a good one, I'd like to get that also. That way I'd have one I know for sure would work!

Thanks for any help you can provide, Aaron. And thanks Ashtweth - I'll look Lidmotors up.

Ann
        Paths To Your Success

Comment

Most solar chargers are made for the automotive industry with 12 volts as the normal charging of automotive batteries. You can purchase a smaller charger just for dry cell batteries, but they take longer to charge. If you want fast charging time you will need to charge 8-10 Ni-cads or NIMH at one time with a solar charger designed for automotive use. These come in several sizes from 1.8 watts to 10 watts. As for 9 volts, you would need to use a converter because these solar chargers can deliver up to 16 volts in direct sunlight.

Comment

Hello if you want it ready made A Solar Battery Charger for every need or Solar battery charger or solar battery charger from Northern Tool + Equipment The only way at the moment that is affordable is build it yourself very easy not complex just a battery holder for the size of cells you want to charge a couple of pv cells and wire a little solder and you are good to go.Cheers Spodie Odie

Comment

Thanks, Stealth and Spodie!

Spodie, I really appreciate the links. I think I've found several options that will work in those links. Thanks so much!

Ann
              Paths To Your Success

Comment

Working...
              X