Pulse Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Dreyfuss

Here is a circuit for it with the parts.

The + of the coil is the start of the coil and the - is the coil ending.
    It says 750 turns but I think my coil is closer to 1000 turns.
    A smaller coil will allso work fine.

Most or all the parts can be substituted for differant values.
    This is just what I fund to work the best so far.

If your charging another big 12v battery the BEMF coming off the second coil winding would go to + on the charge battery.
    Then the - for the charge battery can go to eather the - or + of the source battery.
    I like to go - to - you get more power and current this way.
    But it depends on your coil and setup if it will run that way.
    If it stops when you hook up your charge battery this way.
    Go - of charge battery to + of source battery.

Dont forget you allso need a small magnet to triger the reed switch.
    Put the reed switch in front of your coil then put the small magnet by the reed switch to triger it.

The small magnet is used to make the contacts in the reed switch tutch togeather turning on the coil.
    You may have to adjust the reed switch and magnet to get the speed and power you want.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot!!!

Gonna make it and try it

thanks

Comment

It works!!

Did it, and it works, Happy now, , made a couple of measures and seems that the current in draw battery is higher than in charger battery, the magnet and reed switches are changing with time so i need to readjust magnet position because the oscillation stops, some reed switches are getting lazy and have changed its magnet position to oscillate, maybe are just getting waste?

and one more thing..... in this circuit where would be the cable that when its taken off voltage comes up, it needs a cap? where would it be in this circuit?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyfuss View Post
          Did it, and it works, Happy now, , made a couple of measures and seems that the current in draw battery is higher than in charger battery, the magnet and reed switches are changing with time so i need to readjust magnet position because the oscillation stops, some reed switches are getting lazy and have changed its magnet position to oscillate, maybe are just getting waste?

and one more thing..... in this circuit where would be the cable that when its taken off voltage comes up, it needs a cap? where would it be in this circuit?

thanks in advance
          Good you have it going.

If you are talking about charging a capacitor it would just go in place of the battery.
          Just be carefull it will fill up in voltage fast.

Comment

modified circuit

I did mean the circuit that lindmontor was trying and the cable he was removing to boost the voltage up, not sure which of these two attachments is the right one or if both are with cable on and off, but i dont have a clear idea for connecting both coils.

Thanks in advance
            Attached Files

Comment

I did mean the circuit that lindmontor was trying and the cable he was removing to boost the voltage up, not sure which of these two attachments is the right one or if both are with cable on and off, but i dont have a clear idea for connecting both coils.

Thanks in advance
              If you use the first one take the ignition coil and extra diode out.
              So theres just one diode in between the transistor and capacitor.

Comment

This is a way to pull a little more power out of the system.
                This allows you pull the wasted power off the reed switch.

When I hooked this up to my charge battery the battery went up to 13.5v from 10v as soon as it was hooked up.
                Then droped back down slowly to 12.4 then started to rise back up.

The weird thing is when the charge battery started to rise in voltage so did my source battery.
                The source battery went from 9.38 to 9.56 in about ten min.

I'll have to let it run a little longer and see if it starts to go back down or up higher yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

After about two hours of running the source battery went way down in voltage.
                  To around eight volts but I allso noticed that the wire coming from the reed switch to the rectifier came unhooked some how.
                  So I'll have to charge it up a little and see if it will do it agine.

Comment

Reed switch energy capture

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
                    This is a way to pull a little more power out of the system.
                    This allows you pull the wasted power off the reed switch.

When I hooked this up to my charge battery the battery went up to 13.5v from 10v as soon as it was hooked up.
                    Then droped back down slowly to 12.4 then started to rise back up.

The weird thing is when the charge battery started to rise in voltage so did my source battery.
                    The source battery went from 9.38 to 9.56 in about ten min.

I'll have to let it run a little longer and see if it starts to go back down or up higher yet.
                    Interesting idea. I will give this one a try. I got those reed switches from Ebay that you recommended but they have not arrived yet in the mail. The weak reeds I get from Radio Shack don't last long. I have often wondered if maybe getting the energy right at the reed switch was something that has been overlooked. The Radio Shack reeds actually have a coil wrapped around the switch that I imagine are used in electronics to generate a signal for something.

Comment

@lidmotor

I'm still on the same reed switch the bigger ones work a lot better.
                      The one I'm using is a three amp reed switch but the one amp ones should work good allso.

I looked on ebay where I bought them but thats all I could find.
                      The bigger switches dont seem to stick at all.

Comment

weird??

I have remake the circuit a bit nicer and now it works with both batteries, if i disconnect the primary it keeps running with the charging battery, any idea of why could this be happening? or its just normal?

Comment

was the diode (4001)

was the diode wasted, i got some ebay reed switches too, ummm well see who receives them, lol
                          anyway, the fastest reed switches make a cicle in 6 ms, 5 milliseconds close and 1 open, operations in those cases and in the lowest voltage are 300000000, so in less than a week they should get wasted or at least changing the working way, so i ordered some ne555 and ill make a stable with both waves same duration, and ill point it to the base of the transistor as reed switch does now, am i saying any stupid thing?

Comment

I have remake the circuit a bit nicer and now it works with both batteries, if i disconnect the primary it keeps running with the charging battery, any idea of why could this be happening? or its just normal?
                            @ Dreyfuss

You would have to post the circuit your using.
                            If your using the circuit I posted you must have a wire crossed.
                            When the primarys disconected it should shut off and not run off the charge battery.

Comment

was the diode (4001)

Sorry Slayer, it was the diode that was wasted, replaced it, and back running right, i made up a bit the last circuit you posted, and changed a couple of crosslines tell me if its right like that,

and thanks again for your support
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Slayer, it was the diode that was wasted, replaced it, and back running right, i made up a bit the last circuit you posted, and changed a couple of crosslines tell me if its right like that,

and thanks again for your support
                                Yes that looks right Dreyfuss

Thank you for cleaning it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X