No announcement yet.

Pulse Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying out this circuit too, i really like its simple design.
    Has anyone tried bistable reed-switches? As i understand it, they would not need an additional magnet?
    In my very first results i have only seen a charge rate, if i have moved the magnet in my hand to a position, so that it was able to shake periodically. So i am not sure if just taping the magnet on the switches will have a continous effect?
    The limited lifespan of the switches is a bummer.
    An electrical switching would consume some power, so to use the magnetic field is probably the best idea. Stefan Hartman has used a relais in his shock charger.

Comment

Typical self life of reed switches

Maybe im wrong, but according to the data sheet of reed switches, (http://www.meder.com/fileadmin/meder...Test_Data.pdf), typical number of operations are as much, close to 1000.000.000. If the fatest reed switch makes for example 1 ms per operation, this is the result of itīs self life

1000000000 typical nr of operations in best conditions
      0,001 operation time
      1000000000/1000= 1000000 total typical life in seconds
      10000000/3600= 277,78 total typical life in hours
      277,78/24= 11,57 total typical life in days

dont think is a bit time, correct me if im wrong in this aproach, if im right, i think that the best alternative is the NE555.

Comment

Pulse Generator circuit upgrade---My replication

I tried the bridge rectifier at the reed switch and I liked how it worked. I also added a side CFL circuit and REALLY liked how that worked. Good job Slayer!! This thing really needs a voltage regulator and a charge controller to keep from over charging the charge battery.

Here is the video:

YouTube - Slayer007 Pulse Generator Circuit --New Addition

Comment

@ Lidmotor

Very impressive video,thank you for taking your time to post it.

Comment

Coltrolling the charge power

I'm anxious to figure out a way to control the charge power on the system. Does anyone have any ideas? What we don't want to do is lose any of this energy due to heat loss. Maybe if I get a large car battery as the receiver that would solve the problem. My little 5Ah batteries can't handle this high voltage.

@ Slayer---Did you have any problem with this?

Lidmotor

Comment

@Lidmotor

No if you use a big battery like a car battery or a marine battery.
              It wont take a charge as near as fast.

Comment

Big reed switches ---Big volts

I received my 1 amp reed switches in the mail that I got off Ebay and tried one out. I used the original 'rotorless pulse generator' circuit with no CFL and with just one transistor. I put the BEMF into my big cap with a 110v nightlight on it. In order to get the reed to work I had to put the small neo magnet on the reed itself. My coil was not strong enough to pull the switch open unless I did that. The interesting thing is that when I played around with that arrangement I was able to get the system to "pump" better. The voltage got up to as high as 120 volts with the nightlight on bright (did I make an inverter???). It ran at about an amp on 12 volts but everything handled it ok. These new reed switches work great but they are a little noisy.

Comment

@Lidmotor

LOL you dont need a radio to hear it.
                  Yes the biger reed switches are a little noiser.

Allso you can use a second magnet to fine tune it.
                  Once its running put the second magnet by the other end of the switch.
                  This way you can speed it up or slow it down without moving the reed switch.

Comment

The second magnet trick

@Slayer---Thanks for the tip about the second magnet trick. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use the POWER coming out of my version of the circuit. I may try lighting up different kinds of 110v bulbs directly.

Lidmotor

Comment

This is one of the ways I use to charge small non rechargeable 9v batterys.
                      It can be used with 1.5v batterys allso.

I would like to try it with another 12v car battery but I dont have one right now to try it with.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Slayer007 how come yer up loaded files, when you click on the thumbnails the picture is so large. Mine allways open up not much larger than the thumbnail.

Comment

Originally posted by Beshires1 View Post
                          Slayer007 how come yer up loaded files, when you click on the thumbnails the picture is so large. Mine allways open up not much larger than the thumbnail.

Sorry Beshires I dont know why it would do that.
                          When I click on it it comes up the right size.

You can allso add more that one battery.
                          I put four in series today and they all charged up in no time.

Comment

Ok I'll try that but I don't see how another battery will make my files larger.

Comment

Originally posted by Beshires1 View Post
                              A nice free program for many things other than looking at images is
                              IrfanView . One click (or keyboard) zoom in / zoom out.
                              Resizing images for saving and cropping , etc etc. views videos too.
                              An additional Add-In supports formats not supplied with the program.
                              Remember to be kind to your mind ...
                              Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

Eliminating the reed switch!

Hi all,

Slayer and Lidmotor, most impressive work This circuit is very very interesting. I have a bedini wheel that works very nice and does what it says on the tin. I have been able to make my bedini trifilar coil self oscillate with ease so i thought i would mod my coil and the results look promissing with no reed switch. Im going to hook up a cap and ignition coil later to test. Basically, the triger coil makes the power coil oscillate and i then feed the radiant energy in to the third winding and out to a charging batt. My amp draw is 120ma and the voltage over the diode to charge batt is 14.8v. The way you are feeding the radiant output back in to the coil reminds me of Teslas bifilar patent. I'll report back later and tell you how it goes. Thanks again for showing us these circuits

Comment

Working...
                                X