No announcement yet.

Gray Tube Replication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. This helps a lot. I've written a lot of articles about Gray's technology - dozens of kilobytes - trying to sort through my own understanding. I used to think the plastic body of the motor was a shield, to prevent the Scalar energy from producing an environmental hazzard. Then someone showed me the correct shield, and it didn't have anything to do with plastic. Apparently, the plastic housing was just one more design he used.

Comment

• Some more screenshots:

The last picture lets you imagine the actual motor size. This baby was BIG
      In the video Norman said that he has found some investors to build him a machine shop with all the machinery needed to build such a motor. The work shop was being build at the same time this video was recorded in 2001. He said that with his workshop done he could manufacture such a motor in few months, I wonder what happened to this project
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Heavy CT coil?

Electrotek mentioned having a heavy CT coil. Do you mean a coil from a cat scanner?

Looking at the Wootan pictures by Jetjis, I've watched that video twice and have not been able to get that much information from it. Do you know what the rotor & stator coils were wound on? Were they wound on plastic? I thought the part about equal weight for rotor and stator was interesting.

I've pretty much finished my Gray's tube this morning. It's from 3" plexi tubing with 1" thick plexi caps machined for each end and screwed to the tubing. The outside grid is solid copper sheet and the inside grid is fine copper mesh. I'm using a 5/16" copper rod for the electrode which is silver tipped. I have a couple of 20nf caps at about 75KV that I will try initially. I'm now waiting for the high tension transformer to arrive.

Thanks,
        Carl

Comment

• Carl,
          in the video Norman talks about laminations so I guess that the core material is ordinary transformer silicon steel, it also looks like that.
          Jetijs

Comment

• video and coils

Hi Jetijs,

This video has been available for years on Peter's website:

Free Energy - Electric Motor Secrets, Bob Teal | Magnipulsion, Edwin Gray, Nikola Tesla, and other books & videos by Dr Peter Lindemann

The History of The E.V. Gray Motor by Norman Wootan
            The truth is finally revealed. The mystery about Ed Gray's EMA motors is finally over. With two recovered EMA motor prototypes on stage at the KeelyNet Conference in June 2001, Norman Wootan discusses every design feature possible. Every single way the real motors deviate from the designs revealed in Gray's Patent are discussed in detail. Now you can see with your own eyes how it was really done. This video is a must for serious researchers wanting to convert Radiant Energy into mechanical power. A great companion piece to "The Free Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity" by Dr. Lindemann (book or video) where the EMA power supply is discussed.

Opposing electromagnetic coils will simply produce more power by smashing two fields together like this. A simple pendulum I think is the easiest model to demonstrate usable output from the grids with a simple permanent magnet. My choice for charging my 4000v 2uf cap I think I have narrowed down to being 2 ignition coils. My multimeter will only read up to 1000vdc so I have to use my B & K HV probe to see the voltage.

Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Hi Aaron, did not know that. I hope that I have not violated any copyrights or stuff like that by posting those pictures. If I have, I will remove those pictures.

Comment

• A CT coil is a current transformer. It's used in conjunction with a utylity meter, to measure a customer's load. A single, straight, feed cable, usually #2 AWG or larger, is placed through the center hole, to act as the primary. The coil is about the size of a bagel, shaped like a doughnut. The wire gauge in the coil is very small, so the coil produces a high level magnetic field with minimal amps. It's less than $100.

And I have three defibrillator inductors which are also pretty heavy. One of these can be wired as a series tied bifilar coil.

The coils in the White Motor were wound around laminated sheets of silicone steel, with insulation between the sheets. I'm sure there was a plastic coil form, to protect the wires from any sharp edges.

Your Tube sounds great! Are you going to ground the outer cylinder and take the output from the copper mesh, or tie the two grids together?

I hope those caps work; they seem incredibly small. Aaron has developed a booster circuit using a parallel cap (around .65 uf) from a MW Oven, charged to 2kV with that transformer. I'm anxious to see if the booster cap will work with a CSET.

Good Luck!

Comment

• More questions

Sorry, dumb questions coming .

What is a bifilar coil?

And what is 'ordinary transformer silicon steel' ? I remember winding transformers in college and I remember re-winding transformers at work a couple times, but it was always done on the original laminated sheet frame. Is this what you're referring to?

Jetjis, I see that on another thread you are making some amazing looking motors. I am absolutely impressed. I'm assuming that these are for the 'Electric Motor Secrets' by Mr Lindemann? You talk about getting sheets 'Laser Cut'. What is involved with that?..., in case I can't find the motors I need and have to make them.

Thanks,
                  Carl

Comment

• Thanks Carl
                    Yes, with the term "silicon steel" I mean that stuff that transformer cores are made of. This is a thin sheet usually 0.35-0.5mm thick and cut in a particular shape. You put many pieces together and get a core. Many thin sheets are better than one thick bar because this reduces losses due to eddycurrents. This kind of steel is manufactured so that it can magnetize and demagnetize fully and not retain any magnetism.
                    The motors I am working on are indeed based on the info from the electric motor secrets DVD from Peters web page. To make the cores I bought some 0.35mm thick sheets of silicon steel and had them laser cut to the shape I need. Then I just glued/bolted those sheets together and I got me a good magnetic core I got my silicon steel from a local motor rewinding company.

A bifilar coil ir like regular coil but you just use two wires in parallel at the same time to wind the coil. Thats all

Comment

• Carl,

Yes, 'ordinary transformer silicon steel' is what I referred to.

A bifilar coil contains two windings, often side-by-side, sometimes in a single layer. If the windings are connected in parallel, the magnetic field is more than twice that produced by either winding alone. When the windings are connected in series, the coil becomes a good Radiant Energy resonator, for either transmitting or recieving. This was invented by the great NiKola Tesla (as he spelled it). The art has advanced to the point that HV coils are wound in alternating layers, with each layer painted with laquer, then covered with wax paper which is also coated with laquer on both sides. Each winding always starts from the same side of the coil, unless four windings are used. In this case, reverse symetry suggests that two layers start on one side and the other two layers - all interleaved - start on the other side of the coil.
                      Last edited by Electrotek; 01-03-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• I remember terms like eddy current and hysteresis losses from college, but I haven't revisited any of that in a long time . I did not know about biflar coil windings, however. You say that if I lay down two side by side wires and wind it into a coil, then in parallel the coil will produce more magnetic field, and in series, it becomes a good Radiant Energy resonator for either receiving or transmitting. What is the difference between radiant energy and radio waves?

Please expand on this: 'Each winding always starts from the same side of the coil'. Do you mean by laying the wires side by side and winding in the same direction? How do you start from the other side of the coil? Wind in a different direction?

In my tube, I have already tied the two grids together and soldered a heavy duty spark plug wire to it. I have heard others comment on the possibility that radiant energy does not like dissimilar materials (copper and solder) and that maybe the plug wire should be fastened with copper screws or rivets. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
                        Carl

Comment

• @ aaron

Re measuring high voltage; you can just use two resistors in series, one a tenth of the value of the other, and take your measurement off the two sides of the smaller one. That'll give you a reading of 300v if it's 3000v

Here's some links

Voltage divider circuits : DIVIDER CIRCUITS AND KIRCHHOFF'S LAWS

Voltage divider calculator - loaded and open-circuit damping volts potentiometer - sengpielaudio
                          Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Just looked around ebay for HV caps. Seems that microwave caps are the cheapest. They are usually 0.7-1uF at 2000V. I think they are usable for our purposes because they are designed for fast discharges. Of course you will need more of them and use them in series/parallel config to get the desired values. Has anyone found something cheaper?

Comment

• Caps

I'm making a cap out of Alfoil sheets inside plastic A4 sheet protectors..lots and lots of them.

For anyone interested here's a link to homemade variable cap. There's a link on same page to homemade rectifier.

Baking Soda Variable Electrolytic Capacitor.
                              Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• @Carl:

The primary difference between Radiant Energy and radio waves is that the former is electrostatic and doesn't have a magnetic component. Also, this Energy is longitudinal, which means it flings, or oozes, straight outwards, depending on the frequency, whereas rf has a sideways vibration caused by the fact that the magnetic component keeps tipping from a forwards direction to the side, at 90 degrees to the direction, then back forwards, etc., as it propagates. Furthermore, the claimed velocity difference between rf frequencies is very slight and almost unnoticable, except perhaps over great distances.

A bifilar coil can be either a pancake or a cylinder. With a pancake, if more than one layer is used, the second and subsequent layers start from the inside, the same as the first layer. When the coil is a cylinder, it's the same thing. The winding starts on one side or the other and goes to the end. Then the wire is brought back to the same side for the beginning of the next layer. For purity in the art, the wire at the far end is curved a tiny bit, back towards the starting side, and then is kinked at nearly a 90 degree angle and brought straight across the coil. The wire is then bent at 90 degrees and the next layer is started, directly above the starting point of the lower layer(s). When one or more other layers are wound before a given layer's wire is brought back, the purity is that the wire is curved upwards a little from the plane of its layer, then bent at 90 degrees and brought back. When an insulating layer is used between the layers of a HV coil, the wire is brought back between the slight overlap between the ends of the paper.

When two sets of double windings are incorporated in the same coil, phase symetry reversal requires that the second set of two windings always start on the side opposite from where the first set starts, and that the direction of winding be reversed. Phase Conjugate symetry reversal can be accentuated by varying the width of each layer, in one set, in a random pattern, then reversing the random pattern - exactly or approximately - with the second set. This technique is best used with pancake coils, to keep the amount of wire in the two coils the same.

If you've already soldered your grid wires, I'd say leave it. You can maximise the Tube's performance after you find out it does something. If it doesn't work, then you can modify it, such as changing the length to diameter ratio or connecting it differently. The ideal situation is that everyone tries their own approach, then reported effects can be compared to see which factors are important.
                                Last edited by Electrotek; 01-04-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X