No announcement yet.

Gray Tube Replication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Gray Motor to Appear at Conference!

Ed Gray Motor to Appear at Conference!

John Bedini's friend Reggie has one of the old Ed Gray/Cole Motors and will have it at the conference!

I do not know the details on the motor, which version it is, etc... but it is in Reggie's possession and he is bringing it.

Get registered now! http://www.energeticforum.com/conference/
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• details of damages

Originally posted by nat1971a View Post
      no idea if it emits scalar waves.

@mark

A massive spark has damaged some of my components. I am out of commission for at least 2 weeks till spares arrive.

Cheers

Nat
      Dear Nat, what are the details of damages ? Sorry for the strange question, actually I'd like to explore the side effects of everyone's experiments with Gray's technology, it will make a good guide in our future experiments. Thanks in advance.

Wicaksono

Comment

• @wicaksono,

I will elaborate on what I was doing. I had recently changed my transformer to one called,d minimax3 from Information Unlimited - Science Projects, Electronics Kits, Lasers, Tesla Coils, High Voltage Engineering, Plans, Books, Parts, Kits. it was the transformer that Tad Johnson was using. I thinking he was using minimax2.

Anyway it didn't seem to work that great so I was testing out different capacitor configurations. And diodes. So I paralleled. 2 x 2uf capacitors 3000vdc and tried my old 15kv 6amp diodes and then checked the voltage and then boom. Biggest spark I have ever seen. So different diodes seem to have a massive affect on performance in grays circuit. Unfortunately. These diodes are $30us each. So I didn't hesitate and ordered some more. Looks like gray was using 4 capacitors paralleled so that is one hell of a spark. As I believe that the intensity of the light from spark equates to more power on the grids.

So the spark has damaged the minimax3 and some of the 15kv diodes

Cheers
        nat

Comment

• @all

After researching this for years it is my theory that what John Bedini saw in the cset being copper electrodes silver tipped was actually copper electrodes platinum tipped. Platinum looks like silver and is easily mistaken. Platinum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can actually back this up from evidence from Tesla in the following link.

"Electrical Oscillators"

"Originally I employed platinum and iridium tips but later replaced them by some of meteorite and finally of tungsten. The last have given the best satisfaction, permitting working for hours and days without interruption."

This makes more sense that they were platinum tips. We don't want a low resistence circuit in this part of the circuit we want a high resistance circuit. This will reduce/prevent oscillations & backrush's. And promote a unidirectional
          spark. And promote radiant energy. It totally explains what i have been seeing when adding carbon to the low voltage side.

Also when you compare the resistance of platinum and mercury they are very similar. Tesla's choice of Tungsten seems odd in this respect so perhaps he was supplementing the resistance in other ways like gray was doing. See link below

Electric Resistance - The Physics Hypertextbook

Comment

• details of damages

Originally posted by nat1971a View Post
            @wicaksono,

I will elaborate on what I was doing. I had recently changed my transformer to one called,d minimax3 from Information Unlimited - Science Projects, Electronics Kits, Lasers, Tesla Coils, High Voltage Engineering, Plans, Books, Parts, Kits. it was the transformer that Tad Johnson was using. I thinking he was using minimax2.

Anyway it didn't seem to work that great so I was testing out different capacitor configurations. And diodes. So I paralleled. 2 x 2uf capacitors 3000vdc and tried my old 15kv 6amp diodes and then checked the voltage and then boom. Biggest spark I have ever seen. So different diodes seem to have a massive affect on performance in grays circuit. Unfortunately. These diodes are $30us each. So I didn't hesitate and ordered some more. Looks like gray was using 4 capacitors paralleled so that is one hell of a spark. As I believe that the intensity of the light from spark equates to more power on the grids.

So the spark has damaged the minimax3 and some of the 15kv diodes

Cheers
            nat
            Hello Nat, thanks for the information. If you still got the destroyed diodes, are they short-circuited ? And, are the transistors in minimax3 also short-circuited ? If all semiconductor parts have short-circuits, there is a possibility that the spark create an overvoltage in the output capacitor. By the way, is the 3000V capacitor damaged ?

Wicaksono

Comment

• Don't know. But it is pretty typical to destroy the transistors and diodes in this circuit. At least i seem to have very little trouble doing it. I would suspect the caps are ok. That is why i converted my circuit to relays not long ago as i was getting tired of killing transistors but then found it was very slow in charging the caps. So have now changed back.

Comment

• When the energy from the plasma event produces light in the normal
                air tube compared to another type of gas; like in a flashlight
                isn't it a lot less?

Comment

• Here's a photo of my now disassembled 2uf 3000 volt caps (that were paralleled). Maybe the holes in the brass interconnects caused something unusual.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• These are the ones... anyone tubing with 60Hz?

Last edited by geotron; 02-28-2012, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• @Geotron,

No i am not tubing with 60 hz.

@All,

Here's a photo of my revised spark gap.

Starting from the left (LV side):- hard drive platter cut up - contains small amount of platinum, copper tube, carbon block with holes, brass, tungsten

Then HV side - tungsten, brass, hard drive platter cut up - contains small amount of platinum, 2uf 3000volt capacitor

This configuration is untested.

Remember what Tesla said:-

"Originally I employed platinum and iridium tips but later replaced them by some of meteorite and finally of tungsten. The last have given the best satisfaction, permitting working for hours and days without interruption."

Cheers
                      Nat
                      Attached Files

Comment

• When the discharge rate of Gray's Tube reaches close to that of a standard
                        lightbulb frequency, either by solid state components or mechanical commutator,
                        who will show what happens when the output is sent through a gas-type bulb?

There's plenty of cause to build Joule-toroid devices for the purpose of
                        lighting, so the story goes. It would be interesting to see a spectrum
                        analysis of a plasma-induced Gray-type event through the likes of different
                        mediums like fluorescent, halide, etc...

Aaron, perhaps you'd be willing to share your thoughts on this?

Comment

• Last edited by geotron; 03-02-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• geotron,

Your circuit won't do anything without the grids...see attached picture.

Cheers
                            Nat
                            Attached Files

Comment

• There is probably something else i should reveal. In tesla's colarado springs notes he mentions putting cuts into his aerial but doesnt really explain why. The more you compare between gray and Tesla you realise what grays circuit represents. i.e the holes in grays grids equates to the cuts in tesla's aerial.

Comment

• Here's the page i refer to from the colorado notes.

It says " Next a sphere of 30" diameter, the tin foil of which was cut through with a sharp knife.................was connected to the top of a coil."
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X