X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lamare View Post

The polarization of a dielectric is a very interesting effect:

Dielectric - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A dielectric is an electrical insulator that can be polarized by an applied electric field. When a dielectric is placed in an electric field, electric charges do not flow through the material as they do in a conductor, but only slightly shift from their average equilibrium positions causing dielectric polarization.

[...]

When the electric field is removed the atom returns to its original state. The time required to do so is the so-called relaxation time; an exponential decay.

[...]

The relationship between the electric field E and the dipole moment M gives rise to the behavior of the dielectric, which, for a given material, can be characterized by the function F defined by the equation:

M = F(E).

[...]

Dielectric relaxation is the momentary delay (or lag) in the dielectric constant of a material. This is usually caused by the delay in molecular polarization[disambiguation needed] with respect to a changing electric field in a dielectric medium (e.g. inside capacitors or between two large conducting surfaces). Dielectric relaxation in changing electric fields could be considered analogous to hysteresis in changing magnetic fields (for inductors or transformers).

So, it appears that when you apply a very strong electric field, which apparantly can be in the shape of a sharp rising pulse (large dE/dt) propagating trough your dielectric (a longitudinal shockwave), you get a very strong polarization. Because there is a relaxation effect, the polarization does not go away instantly and it appears a dielectric can remain polarized for a considerable time. Bedini reported "cold boiling" lead batteries that kept on boiling for up to half an hour after removing the charger.

To sum this up:

What you can do with a londitudinal shock wave in the shape of a sharp rising edge (large dE/dt) and a soft dropping falling edge is to super-polarize a dielectric, such that it keeps it's polarization for a considerable time, depending on the applied voltage, etc.

When you put such a polarized dielectric in between capacitor plates, you can get an effect whereby capacitors spontaneously recharge after having been shortcutted. This has been observed with electrolytic capacitors, whereby you have a very thin layer of aluminum oxide as your dielectric on one of the capacitor plates. This is a very similar construction as with a lead-acid battery, especially in the old days.

In other words: you can super-polarize a dielectric layer within both an electrolytic capacitor as well as a lead-acid battery, which would result as the cap/battery being observed as having been charged.

Just as the MIT dissectible Leyden jar, whereby the energy is "stored" in the dielectric...

Seems like a perfect idea for making long-lasting batteries for mobile phones.

So, I hereby claim to have invented a long-lasting battery principle for portable purposes and donate this to the public domain.

Namaste!

-- Arend --
    Last edited by lamare; 12-20-2012, 08:11 AM. Reason: re-added quote from WP

Comment

• An Organic Dielectrric storage device for a Mobile Phone

Dear Arend,

We both might be a little late with this dielectric thing. I have a childhood friend who has developed a capacitor made from an eggplant. The active element is about 0.05" thick and 2" in diameter grown on a piece of 1/4" Plexiglas. This organic component has been 3rd party tested with some expensive analysis equipment and shown to have a capacity of 10 Farads-- Yes, that is 10 full Farads at 10 volts. The inventor claims that he can now make devices that go up to 50 WVDC at even higher capacities, but is running short of eggplants to harvest.

A component like this would certainly allow for some longer running times. I calculate that a 20 F device charged to 50 Volts would store 25K Joules. I think that a high end cell phone battery is about 3V at 1 A-hr (I could be way off on this) and that is about 11K Joules. This new component would be about 25% or less of the present volume used today which would allow for 4X more energy storage.

I hope he can get this device to market.

Mark McKay

Comment

• Pulse Forming Networks with Fast Fall Times

Dear All,

Does anyone have technical design information on how to build/modify a 5 kV PFN with a fall time of around 10 nS?

I have already studied the MIT Volume #5 "Pulse Generators" chapters on PFN's, but their focus is on fast rise times.

I have done a little internet research and found one article in a technical subscription service that discusses a fast fall time topology. It is interesting but it is strikingly similiar to the Gray schematic for the CEST circuit. It uses a spark gap and a delay line.

Powells Technical Book Store doesn't have a single book on the subject.

Mark McKay.

P.S. Does anybody have an idea as to what the previous post is about concerning some kind of orange Tee-Shirt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spokane1 View Post
          Why did Gray make such a big deal of using Delrin as the core for his popping coil demonstrations in 1986? He certainly didn't think of this idea on his own. Marvin Cole gave him that concept. So why was Cole pulsing blocks of Delrin with magnetic coils? It certainly wan't to observe the effects of a classical mass driver idea.

Consider the work of T.T. Browne and his discovery with the coupling of gravity with high voltage using a dielectric mass as the conversion medium. Well, the Gray technology works something like that except both HV and pulsed magnetic fields are applied (at right angles) to a dielectric to get the anomalous "something". It appears that the actual device was the "Floating Flux Field" in the early machines. Hackenberger got wise and was able to make this conversion element smaller and hide it in the cans that were held out to be "Capacitors" in the EMA6 engine. He was also able to eleminate the need of having the FFF wrapped around the engine case.

Interestingly, Stan Meyer also used delrin, according to this document:

http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Ravi%20Cell.pdf

In one of Stan’s patents he talked about using polyoxymethylene (Delrin) which has a high dielectric constant. He used Delrin on the outside of the outer pipe and the inside of the inner pipe to contain the electron leakage. The barrier formed by the conditioning coating has a comparatively lesser dielectric constant than the Derlin material thickness used.

Comment

• Delrin in similiar devices

Dear arend,

Good observation.

Mark Mckay

Comment

• pulse generator progress

Dear Mr. McKay, how is the progress of building the pulse generator ? By the way do you remember that in the book "Free Energy & Cold Electricity" Mr. Lindemann noticed the similarities of CSET & Tesla coil ? I look at EMA4 power supply schematic, and frankly it is more similar to Tesla coil circuit than CSET. What do you think of this ?

Wicaksono
              Attached Files

Comment

• the story of galvanized nail spark gap

Originally posted by Spokane1 View Post
                Nat keep working on that Pyrolized Carbon idea. I think the negative resistance process hold some keys in this technology development. When you get tired of carbon take a look at Zinc. This also has negative resistance properties. I myslef had a very interesting experiance when I built a Tesla Coil that used 4" galvanized nails for the spark gap - but that's another story.

Mark McKay
                Dear Mr. McKay, what is the complete story of this ?

Wicaksono

Comment

• I used to sell engineering plastics including Delrin. The type we sold was black and had the same claimed properties as the others but I do know the color was carbon black. To me this inclusion of carbon must change its electrical properties even if it does not show up until we reach high voltages. What Delrin did the others use?

Comment

• There may be more to the carbon in Gray's tube. Please take a look.

The High Power VSG v4.1 by JL Naudin - February 20, 2005 Thanks.
                    William Reed

Comment

• Progress

Originally posted by Wicaksono View Post
                      Dear Mr. McKay, how is the progress of building the pulse generator ? By the way do you remember that in the book "Free Energy & Cold Electricity" Mr. Lindemann noticed the similarities of CSET & Tesla coil ? I look at EMA4 power supply schematic, and frankly it is more similar to Tesla coil circuit than CSET. What do you think of this ?

Wicaksono
                      Dear Wicaksono,

Thanks for asking. I'm in the process of constructing test circuit #123. This evening I need to dig through the snow and ice at the barns and see if I have two more .05 uF 5000 WVDC capacitors to finish off a five stage pulse forming network. Right now I'm attempting to measure the dynamic resistance of a spark/arc under conditions similiar to what has been doisclosed from the Gray history. This parameter is important because it determines the design of the method used to provide the current pulses in the Gray technology.

I certainly remember Peter's book "The Cold Energy Secrets of Cold Electricity" I have two copies on my priority book shelf.

The similiarities of the CESET and Dr. Tesla's work has not been lost on anyone who has dug into this technology. The problem with the CESET circuit is that not all of the components used were disclosed.

I agree with you that the power supply circuit dislosed in the 1973 Pulse Engine patent is quit a bit different than the power supply described in the 1986 CSET patent. But, as John Bedini showed that same 1986 circuit was being bench tested in 1973. I really doublt that anyone who knew what was goin on (and it certainly wasn't Gray) would be wasting thier time on such a radical topology shift unless it had been well tested and contained the same "Kernal" of operation that made the EMA4 work.

It appears that the fundamental Free Energy circuit changed about three times in 10 years. This makes reverse engineering hard.

1) The first one was with the stretched arcs in the opposing magnetic fields inside the engine. It worked but was complex, hard to maintain, and bulky. The active iron/dielectric was in the FFF.

2) The second generation was the CEST approach. It worked good on the bench but failed in higher power applications.

3) The last and most refined variation was done with Thyratrons, Ignitrons, and a vacuum tube blocking oscillator. Some of this remains with the Purple Motor. The active iron/dielectric was probably hid inside a can that looked like a large capacitor.

All of this is Tesla technology, but the master himself didn't disclose all of the delaits needed to bring his equimpent to full potential.

Mark McKay

Comment

• Wild Tesla Coil

Originally posted by Wicaksono View Post
                        Dear Mr. McKay, what is the complete story of this ?

Wicaksono
                        Dear Wicaksono,

I was building a Tesla Coil in 1980 for a carnival Fun House following the 1964Popular Electronics plans. It had a secondary 4" diameter x 48" long. I was using a sheet of 1/4" plate glass from a pin ball machine and aluminum foil as a capacitor. The NST was 15KV at 60mA. The primary was about 28 turns of neon conductor around a 5 gal plastic bucket. The spark gap was made from 4" galvanized box nailes (thin). I didn't have any Terry filter, EMS, or other filtering. The base of the secondary was connected to the case of the NST (Big Mistake). The spark gap electrodes (the nails) were set parallel to each other about 1/2" apart. The discharges were loud, intermittant and stacco like.

It operated for about 10 minutes before the NST blew. During that time every metal object in the shop was emitting blue arcs to what ever surface it could find. Tools on the shelf and on the counter were arcing to each other. Even a nail that was in the plywood wall was sending out spider web thin arcs that didn't connect to another object. In the dark there were at least 100 blue arcs taking place all at the same time at various places in the shop. Fortunatly there were no electronics at this same location.

At the time I figure this is what Tesla Coils do and decided against making repairs since I was planning to use computer chip sound sources in the Fun House as well. The Tesla Coil I thought would destroy these devices.

It was about 10 years later that I learned that this is not a common feature of Tesla Coil operation.

I still don't know what was going on there. I have been reluctant to follow up due to the high price of NST's and the dangers of repeating the faulty connection to the case of the NST which is the center tap for the NST secondary.

I have thought that the zinc electrodes had something to do with the anomalous action.

Mark McKay

Comment

• The kind of Delrin that Gray Used

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                          I used to sell engineering plastics including Delrin. The type we sold was black and had the same claimed properties as the others but I do know the color was carbon black. To me this inclusion of carbon must change its electrical properties even if it does not show up until we reach high voltages. What Delrin did the others use?
                          Dear Mr. Brown,

I know there are many formulations for DuPont Delrin, what ever Gray used it was white as seen in the EMA4 stator photos and in his popping coil demonstrations.

That doesn't tells us much. I know that in other plastic formulations graphite is added for friction reduction, but that also messes up the HV resistance.

According to my "Plastics Engineering Reference Handbook" (1981) Delrin has the highest HV surface resistance of any of the polymers developed to that time.

I'm sure that there are ways to make the Delrin black for cosmetic reasons that will not impact its HV properties, but I'm not going to risk it becasue of the high price of that stuff. The natural version is plentiful and is avaliable from my local plastic dealer.

Mark McKay

Comment

• Originally posted by rosehillworks View Post
                            There may be more to the carbon in Gray's tube. Please take a look.

The High Power VSG v4.1 by JL Naudin - February 20, 2005 Thanks.
                            Dear rosehillworks,

When Mr. Naudin did that experiment he overlooked the increasing voltage drop across his arc as he increased the fixed distance. Without this data consideration all of the published numbers are meaningless and most likley in error.

I was hoping that this experiment could be redone since he had all the apparatus hardware already built, but it never happened. (That I know of)

If this circuit was indeed OU, as the presentation suggested, then it would have been commercialized by 2006.

I really don't know what the real story was behind that whole well done presentation. There was no folow up that I ever ran across, but then again I don't get out often.

Never the less carbon arcs are still important, yet they don't appear directly in the Gray technology. So far the Bedini Field Notes report that the electrode material was silver. The carbon was assumed to function as a high current low value resistor. In the patent documents it is shown as a variable resistor. Why it is located inside the CEST enclosure is still a mystery.

I think the carbon resistor was intended to balance the load impedance (less than 10 Ohms) of his arc with the impedance of his Pulse Forming Network (PFN) that was hidden in his storage capacitor. In my SPICE IV simulations if the load impedance varies by 10% the energy delivered from the PFN can degrade 30%. It also really messes up the fall time badly. In my opinion, and what John Bedini has already shown, it is the fall time across the high voltage electrode in the CSET that is important. I'm still not sure just how long the current pulse needs to be before the arc resistance stabalized, but it seems to be more than 3 uS. Next I need to find out just how much current and how fast the fall time needs to be.

Mark Mckay

Comment

• super corona dope and plastidip

Originally posted by Spokane1 View Post
                              I'm sure that there are ways to make the Delrin black for cosmetic reasons that will not impact its HV properties, but I'm not going to risk it becasue of the high price of that stuff. The natural version is plentiful and is avaliable from my local plastic dealer.
                              Mark,

You probably already know about corona dope, but I'll mention it anyway - good stuff.

If you want to increase the dielectric value of the plastic you're getting, you can always paint on some Super Corona Dope. It's a xylene based dielectric and is fairly inexpensive. It resists 4000v per mil. I used it on some metal plates for a Tay Hee Han electrostatic water separation experiment and I put on about 1mm per place for a total of 80,000v resistance. If you put it on something you can actually bake, it gets better.

I have a can with quite a bit left in it if you want to experiment with it before buying any if it is even useful to you. Feel free to call if you want to stop by and pick it up. I'm at a new place - not too far from where I used to be - near the 5 mile shopping center.

With the Stan Meyer experiments, I was going to encase the outer tube of single tube sets in Plastidip, which is a really good dielectric and of course it will form to whatever shape you want. The company will provide dielectric info on Plastidip if requested.
                              Sincerely,
                              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• The Active Dielectric

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                                Mark,

You probably already know about corona dope, but I'll mention it anyway - good stuff.
                                Dear Aaron,

The product that you recommend certainly has its place in our kind of work, but there may be a misscommunication (or oversight) on my part about the speculated purpose of the Delrin in the first place. It certainly is useful as a HV insulator that is machineable, but that is not its purpose in the Gray technology.

I maintain, from historical observation, that there was an active dielectric than when properly pulsed produced an electrostatic phenomena that could be harvested into a classical capacitor. It is speculated that this something is the Radient Energy that we have been looking for all these years.

Dr. Tesla filled his table top oscillators with an electret compount made from rosin, beeswax and carnuba wax. This material was not just for HV insulation. It served a function way beyond that, there were a number of materials that could do the insulation job a lot cheaper than this hard to work with mixture.

Mr. Hendershot used paraffin for his OU oscillators. Many would say "So What. paraffin is cheap and avaliable". It just so happens that Paraffin was the first material to prove the concept of MRI technology. It had properties that would allow the electron spin to respond to the magnetic fields that were available at the time.

Now Lamare says that the Stan Myer system used Delrin in an oscillator circuit that has some similarities to the Gray power supply circuit in that it also has a common mode reactor (the Floating Flux Field).

Dr. Patric Flannagan has a patent for an air cleaner that is esentially a capacitor being driving with 50 KHz that generates a steady electrostatic field several times greater than the output voltage of his excitation oscillator.

To me there is something about the activation of a specific kind of dielectric that has been overlooked in our field. So when I see the 1986 promotion video of Gray going bananas over Delrin I can't help but think this was the material that Marvin Cole discovered had some useful properties. Gray certainly didn't know the differance between Delrin, Nylon, Polyethylene, or any of the several other white industrial plastics available. Something stood about that material that he claimed was doing all the magic in the cores of his popping coils. Actually it was the 1500 uF capacitor bank charged to 5 kV that was doing all the magic, but he didn't know the differance. Somebody that knew something years before put this bug in his ear.

This certainly isn't much to go on. I just wanted to point out the functional differance between "The Active Dielectric" and general High voltage insulation. Both are needed in this technology.

Mark McKay

Comment

Working...
                                X