Gray Tube Replication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easier to use the R on the probe tip

Or perhaps just use a 100 M Ohm R in series with the probe tip this would insure any added resistive ladder does not have an effect on the circuit (L and C -based and other "balanced" or resonant circuits can be amazingly skewed by even a few ohms sometimes).

If your probe is now a "x1", it is likely to provide a total Input Impedance of 1 megohms (industry standard for most 'scopes). Regular "stand-alone" scope x1 probes have almost no DC resistance (the input impedance being provided internally, with only a filter cap for "trim" in the better ones). PC-based scopes usually have most of the impedance in the probe even for a "x1". If the probe is a "x10" it then it likely has 9 or 10 megs of impedance depending on it's above type (you can "Ohm" it with a DMM).

Putting the 100 M Ohm R on the tip of a "x1" probe will decease the measured values by a factor of about 99 (or for 30 kV, to roughly 300 V... Plus or minus the error percentage of the R itself). Luckily precise measurements are usually not required for these HV applications

The reason "real" HV probes are so expensive is they also have built in circuit protection in them besides the added resistance and special heavy-duty high-density insulation to keep the fingers away from shock and arc dangers. But they also often lower the analog Frequency Response of the whole system quite a bit (from the rating of the scope to around only 50 kHz in many cases). So if considering buying one; check that spec too

The home-made version will affect the analog band width of the scope slightly too, but not that badly. Where this could be of prime importance is when specific "fast" waveform shapes are being examined and compared, and/or when transient spikes are being looked for. But as long as all measurements are done with the same scope & probe arrangement, then it should work for comparison purposes.

Also regarding Frequency Response, remember that digital scopes (of which PC-based ones and the new small portable ones are all) have another important factor, that of Sample Rate. You need at least 10 samples per cycle to get an accurate waveform representation, or you risk "Aliasing". So if looking for spikes, the period of the fastest one you expect to see converted to Hz then multiplied by 10 is what you could use for the sample rate setting (a "1 mS" spike equals "1kHz" f, for a single-channel sample rate of "10k"). Of course more than 10 times is ok too... it really only matters when storing the data to disk, too much over-sampling creates giant files

Comment

• Tube Test

I added an outer grid to my Tube today, which is 1 1/2" by 4 3/4". Now it's starting to look like a CSET. For convenience, I used the same 1/4" square mesh used for the inner 5/8" bias grid. I don't know that the bias grid is necessary, but it's there, so I thought I'd see what happens. I could take it out easily enough, but then it would look like some of my other CSETs, so I could just use them.

I'm using a center spark, and when I turn it on, I can get a weak sparking with a jumper wire from the outer grid to the non-diode electrode. So I wired in an extra ignition coil, with the grid to the coil's output terminal, and the jumper wire from the coil's common to the non-diode electrode. After that I hooked a small DC motor up, across the coil's LV input, and fired the Tube. Nothing.

I'm going to have to connect a battery to the capacitor and see if I can figure out how the battery's juice can get through it.

Comment

• My gray circuit

YouTube - UPDATE 28 EDWIN GRAY / TESLA RADIANT ENERGY HYBRID CIRCUIT Running at 48volts

Comment

• Useful info: http://www.nuenergy.org/alt/valve.htm

Comment

• Behsires,

Thanks for the link. This is one of the best discussions I've seen about this Valve, aka Glo-regulator.

Ahmedev has shown that the addition of 40% by weight of Cessium to the internal atmosphere results in 100% ionization of the internal gas. This will produce a high Farad capacitor, with static electricity.

The CSET is similar, except the central electrode is positive. The negative side of the system capacitor is connected to the grid, through the battery and motor, whether the commutator is closed or not. So ionization will build up inside the Tube after a short time. These charge carriers will enable a LV pulse to pull electrons out of the passive battery's positive pole, recharging it. It may take multiple CSET's for a given application, depending on how long it takes for the Tube to 'charge'.

Some people say that a negative charge can't move inwards in this type of Valve, but I've seen evidence on my workbench that it can.

Comment

• CSET as Capacitor

I wired up my CSET a little differently for a test I've been thinking about. I'm not using the big, expensive capacitor, or the inductor. Instead, I've got a small sheet protector and foil cap between the NST and the diode. The output of the diode goes to the CSET's input electrode, and the other electrode goes back to the NST's return wire.

I wanted to try a Node-to-Node discharge to the CSET's outer grid. So I ran a jumper wire from the cap's diode connection. When I brought this wire close to the grid, I got a spark about 1" long, with a loud snap. At the same time, my little cap blew out, so I had to stop. I'll make another cap with more insulation and test it again. I'm aiming at connecting the jumper wire to the grid, to see how much charge the CSET will store. If I get any arcing between the central electrode and the grid, this will destroy the capacitance effect, so I'll make a different grid with a larger diameter.

This test is similar to the patent circuit, with the wire running from the back of the diode to the grid, through the battery and motor.

Comment

• CSET as Diode?

I can see right now that what's going to happen is the rewired CSET is going to develop enough voltage that it'll blow my big diode. I could use an Overshoot Switch (with a distant third electrode) but that would prevent me from seeing how much charge can be accumulated. So I'll try wiring the Tube up so that it acts like a diode. Similar to a Glo-regulator, or Ion Valve. Or, I may have to fill the Tube with Helium to prevent the formation of negative ions, while allowing the passage of free electrons. I got a tank of helium from the balloon department at WalMart for $20.

Then I'll build a bigger CSET, with multiple grids, to maximize the static electricity pick up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
                  I can see right now that what's going to happen is the rewired CSET is going to develop enough voltage that it'll blow my big diode. I could use an Overshoot Switch (with a distant third electrode) but that would prevent me from seeing how much charge can be accumulated. So I'll try wiring the Tube up so that it acts like a diode. Similar to a Glo-regulator, or Ion Valve. Or, I may have to fill the Tube with Helium to prevent the formation of negative ions, while allowing the passage of free electrons. I got a tank of helium from the balloon department at WalMart for $20.

Then I'll build a bigger CSET, with multiple grids, to maximize the static electricity pick up.
                  Post a schematic so's I can see what yer doing Pleeeeezz

Comment

• Here's my circuit from message #321.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
                      Here's my circuit from message #321.
                      I think I can try that with my ignition coil setup.

Comment

• Test With New Cap

I made a new cap. It only has two layers of foil, each in a sheet protector, but there's six sheet protectors between them. This cap has a much smaller value, but it'll withstand a higher voltage.

When I hooked it up and turned it on, I didn't get the same capacitive snap as the jumper wire approached the grid. (Message #321) However, with the jumper touching the grid, there was a lot of activity. There were sparks from the outer grid to the input electrode, from the inner electrode to the outer grid, and between the grids - in more than one spot. A lot of these sparks were simultaneous, signifying a longitudinal effect.

This diode T-Tap circuit really increases the amount of voltage. And the frequency. If the cap is small enough, it'll produce gigahertz range frequencies.

With a large enough diameter grid to prevent this arcing, this extra, Node-to-Node energy should appear in the form of static electricity. I don't think this extra energy reflects on the utylity meter, since it's not Phase-to-Phase.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Electrotek; 01-16-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• pickup of radiant / em

Been doing some tests lighting up neons from foil to wires.. Something weird is more pickup horizontal than perpendicular...

It's got me wondering about different gray tube geometries.. Although neons lit quite a lot when I put tube end of foil around the screw I adjust spark gap with...

Video

YouTube - Inquorate 23 detector

An image of spark gap and proof of principle re pickup for Electrotek

Deep thoughts
                          Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
                            2 does not equal 3, even for really large values of 2.
                            Maybe not, but check this out:

The Tom Bearden Website

PS: I'll look at your video later tonight, when I can tie up the phone line.

Comment

• When enlarged, the pictures show a lot of blueish energy around the sparks. Maybe this circuit is producing an effect which makes the air more conductive?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I was just reading about ionized air is more conductive, and a UV beam can be used to make the air more conductive. maybe that spark is generating some UV light.

check Patent: US1309031

Comment

Working...
                                X