Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promised Photos

Originally posted by nat1971a View Post
    wow!!! thats some professional setup you have there...can't wait to see the photos...well done
    Dear Nat,

OK here are the photos of the present round of experiments. First off is a series of Scope Traces to show the opserved impact of the FFF in this Tesla Equi-Drive layout. All of these presented traces are taken from the Perason Model 110 Wide Band Current Transformer, so they are suppose to be current measurements. The peak current is 2.35 Amps, that 46 mH of series inductance sure cuts down the current flow. All of these traces are done with single pulses ("shots").

D005 - This is what I have observed in my setup using the larger contactors. One is used to charge the storage capacitor the other is used to "Fire" the capacitor. This allows for complete isolation of the discharging capacitor. In this experiment I'm using a .25 uF capacitor. Notice all the "Hash" as the current rises. Now these numerous pulses riding on my current wave form can't be classical current. Something else is going on. The current can't change that fast with that much series inductance. The probe is picking up something else - and I dont know what it is or how it gets there. But they are repeatable and consistant from shot to shot. What is interesting is that they only take place while the current across the spark gap is rising.

D006 - By decreasing the time scale t0 5 us/div we can see that this "Hash" is composed of individual bursts that last about 3-4 uS.

D007 - Decreasing the time scale to 1 us/div we can see the peak magnitude of the initial components of the burst. It is about 1.6 Amps if it were really a current measurement.

D008 - Decreasing the time scale to 20 nano-seconds we can see the structure of the burst packet. It is composed of 4 frequencies that each turn on an off in their own order. This is not a linear response so part of the source of this observation must come form some interaction with the spark - unless I'm looking at some kind of instrument artifact.

D009 - This is the clincher. This trace is with the FFF removed. Notice that the "Hash" is gone. All the other components are the same and still in the circuit. This implies that the the FFF is the source to the "Hash". Actually I think it is its interaction with the arc and all the other components in this proposed setup. Again I still could be looking at some kind of instrument artifact or other distracting interferance.

The photo is the present setup with the older and smaller contactor. I shall post another message with additional detail photos.

Mark McKay
    Last edited by Spokane1; 02-10-2012, 05:37 PM. Reason: Removed attachments to free up space

Comment

• Additional Photos

wow!!! thats some professional setup you have there...can't wait to see the photos...well done
      Dear Nat,

Here are some detail phoots of the components and equipment used.

- 100 Amp Contactor: This is shown with the cover off. I like to see what is going on with the arcs. This is the larger of two contactors used. Both have 120VAC operator coils and are operated with a foot switch. The coils are supressed with 150V Varistors. The Scotch Tape is for size reference.

- 375 amp diode - This is a module composed of two diodes in series. Individually they are rated at 1600 PIV at 375 Amps. This unit cost $10 at my favorate surplus store in Portland, OR. I supose its shut off time is slow, but I haven't measured it.

- Twin Lead FFF - this is just a WAG as to how the real FFF's were constructed. It appears that Mr. Cole used Coax. In this case I wanted a delay line long enough so that I could see something happen. I plan to go back to coax in the future.

- Spark Gap - The addition of the inductors is a WAG of the week. If you analyze the Pulse Engine Patent mechanical drawings you will notice that there are two modes of operation. I suspect that one mode was used for energy generation and the other was for the utlization of the non-classical particles. In the power generation mode (which is a guess on my part) the two Major electromagnets are directly opposed to each other. This is not a position that generates torque - so it might be part of the non-classical generation process. In this setup the arc is part of the cores of the coils as I have observed in the Gray "popping Coil" demonstrations. The coils are connected so that they attract. This is intended to provide a uniform magnetic field for the arc to develop in. The brass screw heads being used for the arc electrodes is rather lame - but the threads were already in the cores. The cores are 3/4" in diameter and 1" long. They are solid soft iron cylinders the cunduct the current. These coils came from an old copy machine and seems to be sort of what I needed for this intitial experiment. The actual space between the brass screw heads is 0.014"

- Setup less FFF - This is what the setup looks like with the FF removed. The smaller contactor can be seen at the left. For this shot I had the gap shorted to see if the residual "Hash" would go away - it didn't, which points to the remaining hash as possiably coming form the contactor. A good reason to upgrade to SCR switching.

Mark McKay
      Last edited by Spokane1; 02-10-2012, 05:40 PM. Reason: Remove attachments to free up space

Comment

• Mark,

That is a very impressive setup. Looks like you have spent a lot of time putting this all together. Hopefully soon we will have the break through that the world needs.

Thanks for posting yours photos.

Not sure what to make of your scope traces. I have been wondering whether Gray/Cole accidently discovered something when the FFF was wound on the outside of the motor casing. Wireless transmission perhaps. Seems an odd thing to do to me. Mind you i do recall Tesla having something similar in 1896/1897

Cheers
        Nat

Comment

• What do you think of this idea.

What do you think of this idea

See the link below.

Improved Spark Gap and Possibly Free Energy(Eclateur Ameliore Avec Possibilite d'Extraction d'Energie Du Vide) Doc in English and French

Comment

• Improved Arc Link

Dear viruskiller,

Thank you for providing this link on potential useful ancillary technology. However it is completly blocked by the company computer. It will take me a little time to check it out.

Mark McKay

Comment

• From single pulses to continuous operation

Fellow Researchers,

I have been exploring the impact of single pulses on a simple Tesla Equi-Drive spark gap, however I have run into a limit as to how far this approach can be taken.

The idea was to charge a capacitor then discharge it through the series circuit of components to observe what it does. The next step was to reduce the size of the capacitor, and therefore the total energy per pulse down to a level that would resemble the multiple pulses that would take place in a continuous system. I started with 5 uF, then 1 uF, then .5 uF, then .5 uF and finally .1 uF. This is far as I could go even though I had several other HV capacitors lined up that went all the way down to 50 pF.

At .1 uF there is not enough energy left to reliably strike the arc, even though the gap voltage measures out to be plenty strong enough. The charge just sits there for a good 400 microseconds before a breakdown occurs.

I guess (which is about all we can do with an unknown technology) that there is a lot of energy overhead needed just to charge up this circuit before it will fire regularly. There is parasitic capacitance in the field coils, the hookup wires, and the diode. All of these must be topped off before the energy will spill over into the gap. This makes observations with single low energy pulses a marginal exercise.

How large were the pulses that were employed in the Gray technology? We can get a ball park figure from a few observations from the EMA4-E1 Free Energy Engine. It is strongly believed that this machine employed 18 each mechanical automotive vibrators/choppers (instead of transistors) to excite the voltage step-up transformers (or induction coils). Now these devices are rated at about 30 Watts and run at 100 Hz. Using napkin calculations this would be 30 Joules per second or 300 mJ per pulse. This would be the upper limit. I suppose about half that figure would be more like it.... say 150 mJ.

Now my .1 uF capacitor charged to 3060 volts would contain (in an ideal world) about 468 mJ. So, for a single pulse it takes about three times the energy to shake out all of the slack in the system in order for an individual spark to strike.

So, I have moved up to a continuous system. I have acquired, from my favorite surplus store in Portland, OR, an old 12DC to 5000VAC inverter. I have no idea what this was used for but it is built around what looks to be a Neon Sign Transformer. It has a simple two transistor chopper that employs Germanium, PNP transistors. I'm sure it is current limited like most NST's. The rated output current is 19 mA. The primary fuse is 8 Amps MDL.

This is a heck of a lot closer to what Richard Hackenberger was using, however he had dual outputs for some unknown reason.

Preliminary Smoke Tests. (Less the FFF) using a 25 Ahr wet cell storage battery

- The open circuit voltage output is 5.5 KV (The electroscope measures AC and DC on the same analog scale)

- As the circuit is loaded with the Tesla Equi-Drive components the output voltage drops- due to the current limiting design

- The output (whatever it is) will jump a 0.075" gap (five times longer than what I could get a single pulse to do)

- The Tesla Equi-Drive capacitors (5 uF) quickly charge up to a steady voltage and stay there. In this preliminary observation this value was 1100 VDC. What is odd it that this build-up does not inhibit the continuous arc like it does in single arc experiments. In all of my computer simulations as long as the arc is working (current flowing) the charge on both capacitors should continue to increase until it reaches the magnitude of the supply voltage. Something is very odd here that I need to understand.

I haven't connected my scope voltage probe to the setup yet until I'm sure I will not blow out my front end. An isolated pulse is one thing, 5500 VAC continuous is another.

I may not even use the oscilloscope. My current probes seems to give me garbage readings when working with these kinds of currents and I'm afraid to use the high voltage probe since there is a high probability that any ground connection will destroy the phenomena I'm looking for. The solution is to go for the gusto and cut to the chase by measuring the effective repulsion energy directly by means of some small "popping coils". The height/weight of a moving coil gives a direct reading of harvested energy. All changes and modifications will be evaluated in terms of effective energy yield.

More detailed voltage and current wave forms will have to wait until I bone up on how to take HV measurements on isolated/floating circuits with an Oscilloscope.

Next step, finish off the popping coil device.

If anyone is interested in this line of exploration I would be glad to post photos of the preliminary setup and of the internals of the antique DC inverter. I have also developed a proposed schematic of the inverter but I haven't drafted it yet.

Mark McKay

Comment

• Scope Traces

Mark,

Not sure what to make of your scope traces. I have been wondering whether Gray/Cole accidently discovered something when the FFF was wound on the outside of the motor casing. Wireless transmission perhaps. Seems an odd thing to do to me. Mind you i do recall Tesla having something similar in 1896/1897

Cheers
                Nat
                Dear Nat,

Scope traces are like looking at Chinese writing - if you don't know the language one is hopelessly lost. In this case if you don't know all the instrumentation connections, settings, circuit details, etc. the information is almost meaningless. Too bad there wasn't a better way of communicating complex data like this quickly (especially if we are looking at noise garbage) - but this is what we have to work with. Fortunately, this observation is not important (at the moment) and was just something novel to wonder about (as if we don't have enough of that already). If I come across something really important I shall take serious measures to attempt to communicate it in detail fullness.

Attached is a modified schematic from the Gray Pulse Engine Patent that shows the speculative thoughts behind this exploration into Tesla Equi-Drive circuits.

Mark McKay
                Last edited by Spokane1; 02-10-2012, 05:42 PM. Reason: Remove attachment to make more room

Comment

• Originally posted by Spokane1 View Post
                  Fellow Researchers,

I have been exploring the impact of single pulses on a simple Tesla Equi-Drive spark gap, however I have run into a limit as to how far this approach can be taken.
                  .................................................. ..........
                  Next step, finish off the popping coil device.

If anyone is interested in this line of exploration I would be glad to post photos of the preliminary setup and of the internals of the antique DC inverter. I have also developed a proposed schematic of the inverter but I haven't drafted it yet.

Mark McKay
                  Dear Mark!
                  Antique Reference vibration transducers current “Mallory” is
                  Forum strangers :: Topic: Literature (1/4)

I placed it there for you!

Look at my last note on the site
                  Forum strangers :: Topic: Theory (5/37)

, as well as previous ones.
                  I give a link in the main on literature’ that was translation to Russians, so you can easily find the originals in English - by title and author names.
                  I’m carefully monitoring your work.
                  Now I'm preparing answers to your questions, so send them to you soon.

Best Regards
                  Leonid Volkov
                  Zaporozhye
                  Ukraine
                  Last edited by lvleon; 07-27-2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• energy conversion

The following diagram is shown with markup pertaining to the
                    concepts of its operation, for which hopefully someone would
                    be so kind as to explain... Also helpful would be a working
                    video showing the values of energy conversion through the system.

The source of voltage appears to be a standard battery.

Thank you lamare for sharing this earlier -

Comment

• Does the electromagnetic orientation of the bifilar coil depend on whether
                      one winding is made at the same time as the other instead of being
                      separated in layers with the second wound around the first?

When they are both oriented in the same clockwise rotation, does it
                      generate a different electrical effect than having the first clockwise and
                      the one around it in reverse clockwise?

Comment

• Coil Polarity in the Construction of the Cole FFF

Originally posted by geotron View Post
                        Does the electromagnetic orientation of the bifilar coil depend on whether
                        one winding is made at the same time as the other instead of being
                        separated in layers with the second wound around the first?

When they are both oriented in the same clockwise rotation, does it
                        generate a different electrical effect than having the first clockwise and
                        the one around it in reverse clockwise?

Dear Geotron,

The orientation of the component coils in the design of the FFF is certainly an important subject. It is one of those many details that if we don't get it right me may never see the phenomena we are looking for.

The dots on my schematic are standard notation from transformer theory. As I understand it, from my technical training; "If the current goes in one dot it come out the other dot." This is a little confusing when applied to the FFF.

In this application I'm using the FFF as a Transmission Line. This assumption is only good for a few microseconds after each pulse has been applied. During that brief time the current going into one conductor of the bifilar winding is equal to the current coming out of the other winding. This current IS NOT CLASSICAL MAGNETIC INDUCTION CURRENT. It is displacement current (Transverse Currents) from the capacitance of the delay line as the line charges up. This balanced current in and current out condition only lasts until the applied pulse makes a return trip from the far end of the transmission line. Which in this experimental case is about 60 nano-seconds. But since the spark strikes in less than 10 nanoseconds whatever interesting happens probably happens in this short window of time. During this period there is a voltage potential of a couple thousand volts - with no available charge carriers (druid electrons) to support a classical arc. All of the conduction has to be based upon whatever air (oxygen) molecules have decomposed along with any electron avalanche that follows. In this environment we have both positive and negative charge carriers moving in opposite directions. Who knows what goes on under these conditions?

So, I show the dots where the current goes in an where is comes out while this component is operating in Transmission Line mode. The actual physical connections of the twin lead are simple enough. One end of the twin lead cable (two conductors) connects to the storage capacitor. The other end of the twin lead cable connects to the load array (two capacitors, two inductors and a spark gap).

Now, if you reverse this connection it kills the operation of an arc across the gap as I have it wired. I didn't have any luck getting sparks to form with a reversed (or opposing) connection. It appears that sort of connection reduces the voltage that is developed across the spark gap. I didn't explore the cross connection in depth, so I might have over looked something (just not enough hours in the day after work)

Now, in the old B&W photo of Gray and Mr. Hackenberger popping coils for Tom Valentine in 1973 the 4" FFF appears to be composed of single (but fat)conductors wound opposed to each other. I certainly don't know what is going on here.

The FFF on the EMA4 Free Energy Engine appears to be composed of one turn of large coax cable (or something that looks like coax) - so the direction of winding is almost a moot point. Later (1974), it appears that Hackenberger changed the kind of cable that was used and went to a small diameter cable with perhaps two turns around the engine case rather than one.

If the shield and center conductor compose the delay line then it doesn’t really matter how these cables are wound since all the energy action is electrostatic. The current flow in this part of the circuit is rather small so not a whole lot of magnetic field is going to be generated.

Go with whatever feels right and make as many measurements as you can.

Mark McKay

Comment

• Evaluating the Stored Energy in Gray Circuits

Dear Hard Working Explores of the Unknown,

The attached schematic is a proposed method to see just how much energy, classical and non-classical, is stored in the capacitors of the Cole/Hackenberger Free Energy topologies.

Since the original technology is documented to have achieved a COP of 275, then we should be able to see at least COP's greater than 2.0 with this approach. If COP's less than this are observed then we probably have not found the anomalous mode of operation.

The theory of operation is simple. Place two coils on top of each other and allow the energy from our storage element(s) under test to rush through them. The total real energy absorbed by the moving coil will be its height x weight x a conversion factor (which is about 0.76 - but I have to look it up again). Accuracy is a real issue here. What finally gets converted into momentum is less than what is actually stored in the capacitor(s). They are:

DC resistance loss in the coils and connecting wires - about 2K Ohms here
                          Friction losses as the coil moves up the guide rod
                          Air friction losses
                          Eddy current losses
                          Coil parasitic capacitance losses
                          Switching losses
                          And probably about 10 more that I haven't mentioned (or even know of)

Therefore we have to have more energy in the capacitor to cover the many losses in this approach in order to see any movement at all.

For classical Mass Drivers the conversion efficiency is about 6%, so we are going to have to take any data derived from this approach with a huge dose of salt. The main advantage is that the method is inexpensive to implement. The next step would be a $20K Tektronix Power Analyzer.

There is a good chance that the particles I'm looking for can't even be observed with voltage measurements. We know that Gray and company harvested their anomalous energy with opposing coils - so we may as well follow suit.

This proposed circuit is just the beginning of a series of experiments. The next phase is to see how much energy is stored in both capacitors. Next is to introduce a switching gap between the stationary and popping coil - so that as they separated the circuit would be broken (stretched Arc concept). After that is the employment of a shunt diode - like what is shown in the CSET patent. Indeed there are several variations to examine, along with all the changes in the FFF that can be done.

I shall have photos later. This setup is almost all built using coils salvaged from a couple of clock motors. I just hope there is enough energy to make my coils move. At least I have 3 Joules to work with right now - but will that move the coils with all the losses discussed?

Stay tuned...

Mark McKay
                          Last edited by Spokane1; 02-10-2012, 05:51 PM. Reason: Remove attachments to make room for new

Comment

• Photos to go with last post

Dear Researchers,

Here are some photos to go with yesterdays commentary.

The photos names pretty well describe what they are.

Mark McKay
                            Last edited by Spokane1; 02-10-2012, 05:53 PM. Reason: Remove Attachment to Free up Forum memory

Comment

• Simple Harvested Energy Analyzer

Dear Garage Scientists,

I’ve completed a shakedown test of my poor man’s energy analyzer and the results look promising. This test circuit was less the FFF component in order to establish a classical baseline.

I found that the 1100 Volts from one 5 uF capacitor could only pop my little mini coil about 1” into the air. I figured that this was too small of a height to get a meaningful measurement. The next modification was to discharge both capacitors in series. This generated a height of 2-1/6” (2.0625”). Wiring the coils in parallel produced an improvement to 2-5/16” (2.3125”)
                              So, where do we stand? The weight of the moving coil, the cardboard runner, and ½ the umbilical wires = 1.42 oz. = 0.08875 lbs. The height achieved was 2.3125” = 0.1927 feet

Energy harvested = (0.08875 lbs) X (0.1927 feet) x 1.355 Joules/ ft-lb = 23 mJ
                              Energy stored in Capacitors = 2 X (1100)**2 X 5x10-6 = 6 Joules

Coefficient of Performance (COP) = .023/6 = .0038 = 3.8%

This is about one half of the efficiency of a hobby mass driver, but we now have a simple device that can make a crude measurement of total repulsive energy with the parameters to be found in this technology.

There is a cardboard runner that is placed on the top of the popping coil before it is fired. It travels with the moving coil up the ½” dia. Plexiglas rod to whatever the maximum height is– then stays there. The distance between the top of the popping coil (at rest) and the bottom of the cardboard runner determines the achieved popping distance. Yes, this adds a little friction to the measurement, but you can’t argue with the price or effectiveness. My runner is made from ½” paper strips cut from a business card and tapped at the ends with ¾’ Scotch tape.

This setup can measure heights up to 14”, so it can handle up to about 150 mJ. After that additional weight will have to be added to the moving coil.
                              There are a lot of improvements that need to be made. The inductance of the coils may be too large for this application. This will require a closer look at the wave forms to see what is going on. I understand there is an optimum wire gauge / inductance ratio that needs to be achieved for maximum performance.

There is some coil separation that needs to be explored. Cole had his smaller popping coils separated from each other by 2X the thickness of the coils, and in some cases even more. I understand that when the coils are right on top of each other (like what I was doing last evening) the maximum repulsive force is not developed since the two opposing currents interfere with each other through transformer action.

Now we can explore all kinds of changes in circuit topology and see if we get lucky. Of course this is assuming that the Tesla Equi-Drive approach, like what we have right now, is something similar to what Cole developed.
                              I still haven’t figured out why Mr. Hackenberger needed two power supplies – but we have to start somewhere.

Next step is to add the FFF back into the circuit and see if there is any change (it could be worse).

Mark McKay
                              Last edited by Spokane1; 02-10-2012, 05:55 PM. Reason: Remove Attachment to Free up Forum memory

Comment

• Comments on Improved Spark Gap Device

Dear viruskiller,

I was finally able to follow your link and review the documents you suggested.

It looks like someone spent a fair amount of time drafting all those construction illustrations. It looks like a variation of the Gray CSET with some interesting ideas for multiple gaps inside the collection grids.

I certainly can't comment on its operation since I'm of the camp that the CSET was a failed HV switching device that was later used for a bogus patent and promotion video. But, there are many people who have a great deal of faith in this approach and I'm sure that something might become of it.

The presentation you recommended was missing a lot of needed support information to which a new researcher could evaluate this idea and make a judgment as to wither they would commit their precious time to do some follow up replication.

To start with there is no mention of the kind of support electronics needed to excite this proposed device. Further there is no method for energy harvest presented either. No commentary was provided so anyone looking at this wouldn't have a clue as to how this device was suppose to work or what its theory of operation might be. Worst yet, there were no photos of a real piece of hardware. Few people are going to "put skin into the game" unless the author has built the proposed device and has some measureable parameters to discuss. It doesn't have to be OU, but it has to demonstrate something novel. The instrumentation approach would be helpful as well.

I suppose there is more to this device than what was presented in the two .jpg drawings. But, I didn't see any links to access follow up information.

So, I'm not much help in offering you a technical opinion.

But, if you find the construction sketches of this device intriguing and they somehow stir some deep fascination with in you, then by all means open up your piggy bank and start building the device and see what you can get it to do. Who knows you might be able to crack this nut and then tell us all how you did it with a big smile.

Mark McKay

Comment

Working...
                                X