X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hackenberger Transformer

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
    Hello Mark,

P.S. I have received the copper foil to build my second generation Hackenberger Transformer with an integral capacitor as part of the primary.

Rereading some of the EV Gray dialogue and saw this PS from you - how did it go?
    This is close to what I keep talking about in an integrated inductor capacitor and was interested in your organisation - how do they both fit together?
    Do believe that this is what a Tesla Magnifying Transmitter (TMT) is also all about.

Smokey
    Dear David,

Pardon me for such a slow response but things have been so slow on this thread that I don't check in but once a month.

I'm presently doing hardware experiments with a complete Hackenberger transformer design. What makes it complete is that it has two primaries opposed to each other. During the last conference I was telling everyone that at the time I thought there was only one primary. However a simple look at the Pulse Motor Patent and re-reading the text confirmed to me that two primaries were employed. That is why they had two identical power supplies arranged in pairs.

I would guess that they took the ignition coils out of the cans and placed them end-to-end so that the magnetic fields would oppose. Something interesting must happen here when the primary is suddenly cut off - like in the Bedini system. The 1979 Hackenberger transformer (as presented at the Conference) is an advanced design that operates at a higher frequency, but not to high. Even though the yoke is made of ferrite the core is something else. (according to Al Francouer) According to the GD transcript they were using common core materials. Well that means there was only four (4) materials available. Silicon Steel, 55% Nickel steel, 70% Nickel Steel, and Ferrite.

Silicon steel is what is used in ignition transformers and is good up to 400 Hz. 55% Nickel Steel is good up to 10 kHz. Mr. Hackenberger was probably using this with his 1975 "Static" Generator that operated at 6 kHz. I doubt that they went beyond this frequency. Ferrite can operate up to 100 kHz (and higher these days) but its ability to store magnetic energy is about 1/10 of what Silicon Steel can hold. Since this is a fly-back process then magnetic field storage is probably a big factor.

I must admit that my present setup is all Ferrite. I still learning how this circuit works and what all the wave forms mean. But I least I now have the opposing primaries. Opposing primaries sure degrade the classical performance when compared to a single primary, but this is to be expected since the magnetic flux path that promotes transformer action is all messed up.

Another factor is "dead band". This is the time delay between one switching MOSFET turning On and the next one turning on. I suspect that this is where
    we will find the non-classical behavior. Right now I can observe an interesting second secondary voltage output spike whose magnitude is a function of the dead band timing. To little then no spike, to much and again no spike. Its magnitude is about 90% of the observed voltage when one MOSFET turns off. I shall pay close attention to this waveform to see how it changes with a silicon steel core and much higher current pulses. I didn't notice this event with a single primary. Right now I'm working with 10% dead band and 6 Amp pulses.

It is interesting, but one of Don Smith designs is about 85% of this Hackenberger design, as far as the transformer configuration goes. He was working at much higher input voltages and it seemed to resemble more Tesla coil technology. This is a low voltage input process (to maximize flux density) that yields 3kV to 5kV output pulses when applied to an open circuit or a fully charged capacitor.

Now that it is colder I will be spending more time with experimentation and less time cleaning up the barn.

Really I'm just getting started in what needs to be explored with this technological approach.

Mark McKay, PE

Comment

• Oops!

Originally posted by David G Dawson View Post
      Hello Mark,

P.S. I have received the copper foil to build my second generation Hackenberger Transformer with an integral capacitor as part of the primary.

Rereading some of the EV Gray dialogue and saw this PS from you - how did it go?
      This is close to what I keep talking about in an integrated inductor capacitor and was interested in your organisation - how do they both fit together?
      Do believe that this is what a Tesla Magnifying Transmitter (TMT) is also all about.

Smokey
      Sorry David,

I didn't address all of your questions. I completely focused on what is happening with the PS.

I have given up on the integrated capacitor concept. At the time (2014 Conference) I was attempting to understand why there were six(6) primary leads. Well there are two center tapped primaries to account for these leads that now make a whole lot more sense. The primaries are still composed of copper foil and as a result present a capacitance to the MOSFET's.

There may be another reason why it was done this way. In some of my experiments with a single primary I have noticed that under different loading conditions and dead band settings there is an RF burst created that is reflected to the primary. I don't know if this is important or not. If one believes that a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance process is involved then this RF burst would be very important and would have to be tuned to the proper frequency to re-align the electron spin to extract energy from them. But who knows?

As far as a Tesla Magnifying Transmitter is concerned, that was done with delay lines. (At least according to the Corum brothers). The secondary of this transformer is would bifilar (according to Al Francouer) and this is the foundation of a delay line. This could be how an RF burst could be generated with a single pulse. However, from my study of delay line oscillators this whole transformer has much to short of a delay time to be useful. Short length delay lines start working well between 100 MHz and 500 MHz. (at least according to the book I have on the subject). This is way beyond the limits of the core material. The high inductance of the secondary seems to preclude very high frequencies. Magnifying circuits that are based upon resonate rise are always air core designs operating at several hundred kHz. The terminal capacitance is very low, like a couple of nF. In this Gray technology we are working with capacitance loadings of 5 to 100 uF. I just don't see how these component dimensions can support a Magnifier kind of operation, but I could be wrong.

Mark McKay, PE

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Here is just some of my thoughts of where to go with this for simplicity sake:

I am wondering if you remembered what that transistor number was?

In the diagram you have a solid state SSSG circuit and THEN an additional added on very long coil. Doesn't the transistor sustain a much higher reverse spike WITH the additional coil to produce the HV??

I have a MJL4281a that is only good for 350v but I see some transisitors go to 1200volts.

Let me know. Your output was some god awful HV, like 2000 volts so that might play hell on a transistor.

I have some TV parts that are rated 1200volts. The thing is everytime I let my circuit run up in voltage to say even 100volts a MJL21194 goes boom.

And these MJL4281a will probably do the same thing at about 200 volts. So you see what I am saying? How in the world did you go to the HV without popping your transistor? It shows a 3055 but how can that be?

Mike

Comment

• Here is what I am thinking. The 3055 can sustain a max voltage of around 60v RMS not counting the reverse spikes. If coil number 1 is anywhere from 30-130 feet that might represent the oscillator section of a standard SSSG, next is step up coil number 2, that appears to be approx anywhere from double the first guess of 60-260 feet of wire, next is the blocking diode and I think it doesn't matter to the transistor what size coil 3 is. But then I don't know either.

Either way with all of that wire the first 2 coils can not go much above 60 volts before it goes up in smoke.

So lets say that the first 2 coils are operating at 60-80 volts max by the time it hits the diode, next is coil 3 and after that is at least 2000 volts. So that means that coil 3 should be very long. But coil 1 and 2 are very short say a hundred feet while coil 3 is 1000 feet.

This is my best guess and the only way I can see how this circuit will produce 2000-4000 volts without smoking the 3055.

Thanks for your time and listening to me ramble. Your circuit is simple and a good experiment for guys who like oscillators.

I know you did this years ago and are probably tired of talking about the same ole repeats. I'll keep reading.

Mike

Last edited by BroMikey; 03-12-2015, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• ignition coil

Hi Mike,

The #1 and #2 coil are simply a primary and secondary of a standard ignition coil. That diagram is a basic autotransformer type.

Coil #3 was a basic little spool of wire as a choke - used similar to the Stan Meyer VIC on the other side of the "blocking diode".

The only place the HV from the ignition coil output goes is through that high voltage diode (or diode string) to charge up C1 but the HV spark also jumps the grids to charge the cap C2 behind the inductor. That was an old experiment where I was first getting the big plasma burst effect in the tube... that is not the method I used later on.

The front side is simply an oscillator to charge C1. The ignition coil output is about 20kv, but ideally, it would be wound so the secondary only puts out about 5kv and I think it can oscillate a lot faster if so. I did figure out something about how to turn a fairly conventional center tap transformer into a radiant oscillator at high speed, but I don't want to post anything about that until I can show some good tests. That is what I believe is necessary to charge C1 at super fast speed.

Anyway, gap from the long HV rod should be far enough away from the grids and the voltage from the oscillator output should be low enough so that it doesn't jump to the grids but only sits there and keeps C1 charged up.

Therefore, whenever you do want the event, you use a commutator or something to close close S1 and C1 jumps to the LV rod. Instead of C3 being a capacitor, ideally it would be a battery bank 12 or 24 volts. I used a capacitor there because at a few hundred volts, it is easier for it to jump the gap instead of a battery 12 or 24 volts jumping the gap... but if we have the gap ionized enough, I think the battery can jump the gap giving an ultra high current impulse beyond what a capacitor can give.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Mark,
              Are you familiar with this one from Joel McLain?:

Energy Producing Coil

Still see an attraction to the EV Gray technology and so too some others.
              Something there we all find fascinating and keeps pulling us back into the fold.

Working on the De Aquino 'Gravitational Energy into Electrical Energy' device and nearing a power up stage.

Smokey

Comment

• I've worked some with a prototype of this circuit, and I still don't understand the opposing diode attached to the switch (S1) or "event trigger" and LV rod. When I used a diode in the configuration shown, no current would flow at all. Is there a special type of diode used to allow an impulse?

[/QUOTE]
                Last edited by skaght; 05-14-2015, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• blocking diode

If you have a diode there as shown and switch it into the circuit, C1 can then discharge to that rod. For a brief moment, the diode does not block anything and is completely open. It only closes AFTER the cap discharges to that rod. When that diode closes, the only other path to ground is over to the grids through the inductor and back to ground.

The gap between both rods must be smaller than the gap between the rods and the grids. That way, rod to rod is the preferred path. And a diode is not a blocking diode until it is meaning it is open until something jumps into it giving a higher voltage on the cathode than anode. It's tricking the HV to jump there so to speak.

This video shows the exact reality to what I'm trying to explain above:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-gVvNk8zo[/VIDEO]

What is your exact goal/experiment you're trying to do and maybe I can give you a more simplified diagram?

Originally posted by skaght View Post
                  I've worked some with a prototype of this circuit, and I still don't understand the opposing diode attached to the switch (S1) or "event trigger" and LV rod. When I used a diode in the configuration shown, no current would flow at all. Is there a special type of diode used to allow an impulse?

[/QUOTE]

Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Thank again Aaron

Slowly I am beginning to understand this experiment. What is your
                    patent number again? I am guessing that the Patent uncovers
                    the reasoning for some practical device. This way I can get my
                    head on straight and see the possible use.

Plasma ignition?

I know you are busy and doing the very best you can with
                    what you have to work with. Great job. I won't question
                    you.

You have proven to me and thousands of others that we can
                    not do without you.

Great progress on the ERIC project and special hello to all the
                    gang out there busting their backs to make it work.

The pictures are great to have.

Mikey

Comment

• gray tube

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                      Slowly I am beginning to understand this experiment. What is your patent number again? I am guessing that the Patent uncovers the reasoning for some practical device. This way I can get my head on straight and see the possible use.
                      Not sure how special my own contributions are - just adding my own contributions along with everyone else - having fun with my own experiments! lol

The patent is worthless to try to understand any of this. Remember, I had no participation in its creation.

This diagram shows the similarity between the Gray Tube patent concept and the plasma ignition. I'll see if I can do a video soon to show it on the whiteboard what I mean.

Last edited by Aaron; 05-15-2015, 01:55 AM.
                      Sincerely,
                      Aaron Murakami

Comment

• gray tube and plasma ignition

@Mikey and all, here is a video that I made today to show the basic analogy between the Gray Tube switching method and my particular version of the Plasma Ignition.

@Mark McKay, I saw you post in the other forum and thought you posted a similar update here, but can't find it now. Anyway, if the power supply is thought to be the source of the energy gain where would it come from? It seems it is an air gap transformer acting as a high frequency radiant oscillator that charges the cap with the high voltage radiant spikes. That in itself shouldn't show a gain. However, what we do know, is that if we take those spikes and charge a capacitor, it conditions it so it acts like an electret where it will show great self charging ability after each recharge so it doesn't take much from a power supply to charge it up. That is a real, legitimate free energy gain that hasn't been discussed in relation to the Gray Motor that I've seen.

Although the Gray Tube may be a red herring, it does have an effect in principle that massively increases the power and coupled with a real free energy gain in the capacitor that is conditioned by the radiant output from the power supply, that is what I think the Gray Motor secret comes down to.

What I know from all of my experiments so far is that the switching method that is the same as the Gray Tube is the only thing that gives any unconventional results and that is the negative resistance that accelerates the discharge from the LV source. If the same applies to a battery discharging over a gap to charge an inductor, then I think we have the basic operating method for what Marvin Cole was really doing.

In the video below, I show the direct mirror image analogy between the Gray Tube switching method and my particular version of the Plasma Ignition. I have already proven that with capacitors used as the LV source, their discharge is accelerated thereby giving an enormous power increase. If we can ionize a gap enough so that a battery can discharge over to pulse an inductor, then we will have an even more ridiculously high current fast impulse to run a motor.

If you're setup to charge a cap to 4000v at a fairly fast enough rate and want to see if there is some validity to this idea, let me know and I'd really look forward to helping to setup this experiment with you to see if there is something to it.
                        Sincerely,
                        Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Gray Tube and Plasma Ignition

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-KOgU9n78[/VIDEO]
                          Sincerely,
                          Aaron Murakami

Comment

The 14th is my birthday so I'll consider it a present.

Gonna study this and then decide what I should do.

This is my favorite subject. High Voltage has me spell bound.

Mikey

Comment

Hi Aaron,

I have been following this thread for some time and have nearly finished my Gray tube replication. (I have a 3 grid version with the spark "outside" the grids as per Gray's original photographs .. I think this is important)

I also think your deviation with the diode on the LV rod is not correct.
                              First I can not duplicate what you have seen, I do not get conduction with the diode blocking like it is .... I have approx 5kv high voltage and the diode is rated at 12kv.

I think yours is "working" because you have damaged your diode string. If you want to share voltage across diodes like that you should have voltage sharing high megohm resistors across each of them, just like you have to with capacitors in series.

You cannot rely on the voltage being evenly divided out across those diodes, even if they are matched, or from the same batch. One will die, which will cause the next one to blow even quicker in a snowball chain reaction ..

I would test your diodes on a good semiconductor tester ...

Myself, I think the "key" to a working Gray tube is the switching triode. The key is turning off the spark before current reversal, I think the only correct way to do that is with a tube.
                              (I believe that is why no one has duplicated Gray's device .... because he has hidden what happens on the grid of the triode ...)

I have several Russian thyratrons that I now have, and I will be using them ...

I do have approx 10kv light blue spark (2mm) between my grids and ground when I test what is coming off the grid. I think when I get the Thyratron switching going, which will add in the current (at the right time), then it should work ....

Keep up the good work ..

PS:" By the way, what is the gap between the rods and your 1st grid in your setup?
                              PPS: I am not sure you can claim Copyright on material that is "openly" discussed on an "open" forum .... let's try and keep this technology free to everyone. I for one, if I discover anything "special" will be freely sharing
                              the technology with everyone ..... hiding stuff under Copyright's or Patent's does the world more harm than good ..... look what it did to Tesla ... it is Greed that keeps major technology advancements from the world ...
                              Last edited by bmentink; 10-24-2015, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• gray tube

Originally posted by bmentink View Post
                                I also think your deviation with the diode on the LV rod is not correct. First I can not duplicate what you have seen, I do not get conduction with the diode blocking like it is .... I have approx 5kv high voltage and the diode is rated at 12kv.

I think yours is "working" because you have damaged your diode string. If you want to share voltage across diodes like that you should have voltage sharing high megohm resistors across each of them, just like you have to with capacitors in series.

You cannot rely on the voltage being evenly divided out across those diodes, even if they are matched, or from the same batch. One will die, which will cause the next one to blow even quicker in a snowball chain reaction ..

I would test your diodes on a good semiconductor tester ...

Myself, I think the "key" to a working Gray tube is the switching triode. The key is turning off the spark before current reversal, I think the only correct way to do that is with a tube.
                                (I believe that is why no one has duplicated Gray's device .... because he has hidden what happens on the grid of the triode ...)

I have several Russian thyratrons that I now have, and I will be using them ...

I do have approx 10kv light blue spark (2mm) between my grids and ground when I test what is coming off the grid. I think when I get the Thyratron switching going, which will add in the current (at the right time), then it should work ....

Keep up the good work ..

PS:" By the way, what is the gap between the rods and your 1st grid in your setup?
                                PPS: I am not sure you can claim Copyright on material that is "openly" discussed on an "open" forum .... let's try and keep this technology free to everyone. I for one, if I discover anything "special" will be freely sharing
                                the technology with everyone ..... hiding stuff under Copyright's or Patent's does the world more harm than good ..... look what it did to Tesla ... it is Greed that keeps major technology advancements from the world ...
                                Hi bmentink,

The diode on the LV rod is even shown on Gray's patent as a triode - it is in Bedini's drawings where he took notes when he actually visited Gray, etc... how is that not correct? It is also the primary position for it to get these effects.

Here is video to show the proof that the diode does conduct in that position and not because of blown didoes - it is simple basic electronic component fact:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-gVvNk8zo[/VIDEO]

Keep in mind that I actually have results and I'm not speculating on my circuit. What I am stating is based not just ideas but proven experiments on the bench and it has nothing to do with blown diodes. In my experiments, I can assure you that my diodes are in perfect working order.

It is common practice to put diodes in series to add the rated voltages as well.

There is no secret to the triode, the commutator switched on the triode so HV can jump to the LV triode because it is seen as a path to ground for the HV as I have explained in the video above.

I'm not sure what the gap was but the gap between the HV and LV rods has to be LESS than the gap between the rods and the grids. Otherwise, the HV from the capacitor will jump to the grids before jumping to the LV rod and that defeats the purpose.

I don't have a patent on any of this.

As far as Copyrights go, everything posted on the internet is automatically copyrighted by the author without even stating that it is copyrighted. That is copyright law for a long time now. And being that my particular diagrams are copyrighted, that doesn't stop anyone from using the circuit and copyrights don't oppose open source.

I'm all for supporting whatever experiments you want to do with this project and if you show something that works, I'll be your biggest champion.
                                Sincerely,
                                Aaron Murakami

Comment

Working...
                                X