Gray Tube Replication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @What The Flux:

I was wondering how you're planning to attach the output wire to your grids? In general, Radiant Energy doesn't like soldered connections. It sees the mechanical bond between the dissimilar metals as a dipole, and will radiate into the environment at a point like this, rather than staying in the circuit. (This is the basis behind the Principal Experiment of the T-Statica Machine.)

You might consider using copper washers and copper rivits, if you can find some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
      @What The Flux:

I was wondering how you're planning to attach the output wire to your grids? In general, Radiant Energy doesn't like soldered connections. It sees the mechanical bond between the dissimilar metals as a dipole, and will radiate into the environment at a point like this, rather than staying in the circuit. (This is the basis behind the Principal Experiment of the T-Statica Machine.)

You might consider using copper washers and copper rivits, if you can find some.
      Ooh, I never considered that. As you can see in my earlier photo, I have already soldered the red wire to the two grids. Do you have a reference source for that information? In all my research, I can't remember coming across anything that said dissimilar metals will diminish the effect. From looking at Gray's work, it looks like he uses steel or zinc screw-down terminals for everything.

@nat
      Coincidentally, before you posted all that good info on carbon, I was re-reading the Magratten 'additional notes' on spark gaps. He goes into great depth on the physics of it, but where I'm totally lost is in his explanation that the the total overunity effect is due to the ionization of air molecules and thermionic emission from the heat of the spark. He claims the grids pick up these ions (even thought the grids do not cover the spark gap). If this is true, shouldn't the grids always be positioned over the gap?

I can buy his explanation, but it seems totally contrary to the theory I've taken away from this forum which implies that the radiant energy eminates from the HV electrode as a result of the electron flow getting suddenly shut off and the ensuing electron 'train wreck' (my analogy). Gary seems to have totally dropped out of sight since he supposedly got a contract in 2006.

Thanks for those references. I think I've read or viewed them all, but I'll refer back to them. I wouldn't call them 'weak', but they don't all seem to give consistent explanations to what's happening.

Comment

• how radiant likes to travel

On the Bedini circuits - the diode that channels the radiant spike from a coil is soldered directly to the collector of the transistor and has no apparent diminishing effects on this radiant energy. If there is a loss from the solder, I would guess it is probably too small to measure - but I also don't know if this specific concept has been tested or not to show otherwise.

There is one thing I can mention on how radiant energy likes to flow - it likes to move over straight lines and right angle turns - it does not like curves.

Short connections, straight lines and right angles in wiring
        Sincerely,
        Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
        Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
        RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• @What The Flux,

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of references for this type of information. It is largly a matter of 'skill in the art'. But, as I mentioned, this is how the Testatica Machine produces its field. Two of these types of emitter, in the magnets, one on each side, produce the phase conjugate field the spinning discs pick up. Also, I recently 'inherited' some supplies from one more researcher in my field. One thing I found in his stuff was a copper end cap like plumbers use to seal the end of 1/2" water lines. Inside, solder had been sputtered into little spots all over the surface. And of course, he had the usual copper/aluminum plate emitters. Dissimilar metals don't diminish the effect. They only radiate a portion of the energy away from the circuit, reducing the amount of power in the circuit. But then again, there's often a bifilar coil on each side of the emitter. So your soldered connection may work well enough. I'd say try it and see what it does.

Mark McKay tells me a couple of days ago: "That yellow thing on top of the 1985 CSET is a connection jack used in the aircraft industry to connect Batteries to airplanes for starting. It is a high current single brass pin arrangement about 0.25" in diameter and 2" long. I talked to the technician (Nelson Schlaft) who purchased and installed these devices. He used them all over the 1980's equipment."

Much of Gray's metals were silver coated copper. This is standard in the electrical industry, and I see it all the time. The chemical paint which produces this effect includes sodium cyanide, so I'm thinking about trying the new version which uses silver nitrate and aspirin, although I don't know yet if both chemicals are disolved at the same time, or painted sequentially.

Gray coated his spark gaps with silver, and it looks like the grids are coated as well.

Comment

• @what the flux,

to answer your question i would more likely be placing the charge receiving grids in proximity to the carbon resistor. Probably more like the positioning found in bedini's notes rather than the patent. But it would be wise to try both...hence the reason to be flexible in the way that you construct the tube to allow you to reposition the charge receiving grids.

Comment

• Tube Test

I test fired one of my Tubes today. This is one of only two I've built which have an internal arc. This one has a single grid which is only 5/8" in diameter, by 5" long. Obviously, I need to increase the diameter of the grid, or maybe decrease the voltage?
              Attached Files

Comment

• thats crazy....!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
                  Obviously, I need to increase the diameter of the grid, or maybe decrease the voltage?
                  You need to make the air gap between electrodes smaller, this will also make the voltage needed to jump the gap smaller.
                  It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Thanks Jetijs. An adjustable air gap would be a good idea. Right now, it's barely over a mm, and is hard to adjust.

While looking at the picture of my spark, I notice the Blue Energy part of it is pear shaped. Closer examination shows a secondary area of White discharge, about an inch down from the top of the Tube. So I looked at the Tube, and there's a burn mark right there, from an earlier spark. This little spot of carbon is releasing the White Energy at that location.

@nat1971a:

Rather than just placing the grid around the input carbon, I'm thinking about putting a thin carbon layer along the surface of the entire central electrode.

Comment

• @electrotek

theres only one way to figure out this carbon resistor....by lots of experimenting.....let us know how it goes

Comment

• New Years Day progress report:
                        I fried my first relay today. Not sure if that's good news or bad.
                        It was inevitable because I was using it way beyond spec, but it's been working fine for single shot firing. I hooked my CSET up just to fire it up and see what came off the grids. Then after firing a few sparks, I hooked up the diode and the carbon rod to the LV side to see what effect it had. After a few shots my DPDT relay just torched inside... a nice 3 second sparkler!. Common sense says it's because I was putting too much DC on it, but the optimist in me wonders if I created a higher energy situation than I had before which caused it to toast.

Hooking a meter up to my grid, I see it momentarily over-range on the 700VAC scale. But the current at this point is not enough to make a 100V fan motor move, or to even put a small charge on a capacitor. Not unexpected, since this is a long discharge spark, and not yet a true duplication of the Gray circuit. It's more of a water spark plug circuit that is slowly migrating to Gray's.

Comment

• Voltage Adjustment

I've uploaded another picture of Gray's CSET. This one shows the spark. In this case, the arc is outside the grids, but the grids appear to be connected to the input electrode, perhaps to establish a better gradient within the Tube. Close examination of the picture shows the blue Field Energy is present around the arc.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 139vy3.jpg

In this picture, the arc is conducting around 200 Joules. This is quite a bit less than the 800 I used to fire my Tube. (Message 201) However, I'm going to reduce my voltage and this will drop the power down to around the same level. The screen I'm using around the central electrode to establish a tight gradient is actually a little too close for the 7.5kV I'm using. I initially had a lot of sparking from the screen to the electrode.

I can't afford to buy a Variac right now, so I've wired up an equivalent circuit. Using a little brown extension cord, I pigtailed a light dimmer switch in series with the hot wire. With these zip cords, the hot wire is the one which is perfectly smooth; the neutral wire has an extra grove along its length. This doesn't provide the precise control variations as a Variac, but it works well enough.

Here's the circuit I'm using:

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: pufftubesm3.jpg

The NST has a primary (not shown) which is connected to the mains. This is an old file. For my test, I deleted the lower capacitor. Like What The Flux, I'm migrating the circuit to match what Gray shows in the patent. To do this, I'll connect the missing cap vertically, between the diode's cathode and the central electrode. But I still have a couple of experiments I want to do before I change anything.

Comment

• Copper Electrode Test

I fired my Tube again, this time with a different electrode material, and there was quite a bit of difference. For the first test I used a tin plated brass tube which came from a dollar store rabbit ears TV antenna. For this second test, a plain copper wire was used.

The difference between these two shots points out what we were discussing earlier, about dissimilar metals releasing Radiant Energy. It turns out that the rabbit ears electrode may be the best option for the central electrode, unless silver coated copper is tried. I believe it was Boguslaw who pointed out the advantage of tinning the discharge electrodes with solder.

First picture:

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...n-tubetest.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

• just doing the experiments

Originally posted by nat1971a View Post
                              @electrotek

theres only one way to figure out this carbon resistor....by lots of experimenting.....let us know how it goes
                              Exactly - My first plan is to use the carbon rod from a D Cell Battery. It is the same diameter of my rods. So I will press it against the LV rod and superglue around the edge and will take a 1/4~1/2 inch of the same rod and press it against the other end of the carbon and superglue around the edge. As long as I have continuity over the whole thing, that is all I'm looking for.

I'll post what happens when I have time to do this.
                              Sincerely,
                              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Sounds great aaron...i look forward to hearing your results

i am still waiting for graphite etc to arrive

Comment

Working...
                                X