No announcement yet.

Gray Tube Replication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, nat. I'm going to try to increase the effect with a bigger cap, or a smaller one, if that's what it takes. Plus, I'm building another Tube with the grids farther from the electrode.

Comment

• "That hv potential from the cap slams against the diode and compresses against it very strongly forcing it to explode 90 degrees from the wire outwards...the only other path to ground it by going to the grids...through the electromagnet that pulses a magnet or other electromagnet to provide motive force on a motor to a + on another low voltage source and that lv source has a - that winds up being connected back to the hv -'s.

Take a balloon and push it flat against a wall. It compresses and the contents of the balloon wind up exploding 90 degrees perpendicular to the direction of original propagation."

After rereading the above statement from aaron a couple of times i wonder if the diode should be in the tube

Comment

• According to the Grey patent he is rectifing the output from the transformer to the tube thru a bridge.Once rectified the DC will not jump a gap thru air. Just jumping high voltage sparks to the grid will not energize a coil. Try it.

Comment

• diode and spark nature

Nat - Not sure if there is a difference if the diode is in or out of the tube. Gray showed his triode outside of the tube and Bedini showed the diode outside of the tube.

Beshires - a regular HV spark to the grids won't do it but with the diode effect, it isn't a regular HV spark. It is a plasma burst just like the water sparkplug circuit, which is "cold" because of even less current due to the increased discharge speed of the capacitor.
          Sincerely,
          Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
          Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
          RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• diode increases HV cap discharge speed

I'm reposting these messages from Greg - from the Water Sparkplug thread. I thought Lee posted the first scope shot on this but I guess it was Greg. This shows that with the diode, the discharge from the cap increases to virtually instantaneous...you can see this clearly.

A great majority of the cap discharges instantaneously (straight line coming down) then it slows towards the end. Without the diode, it is a slower steady discharge over time.

Here is with the right circuit:
            YouTube - Gray Tube Test
            It is definitely not a "hv spark" and when the grid is connected, this is what popped a magnet from the coil.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------

09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
            gmeast vbmenu_register("postmenu_28271", true);

The Effect's Signature!
            Hi everybody,

I have now configured my Water Spark Plug circuit to trigger off of the line sine wave. That means that the circuit is operating at 60 Hz. It was only after I got it running this fast was I able to connect the characteristic "SNAP" or "CRACK" with the oscilloscope trace. I will post a video that will show the signature wave form appearing and disappearing in synchronization with the characteristic sound as the circuit misses an occasional beat.

But first I will show you the O-Scope traces. You have already seen them if you viewed my last video. The attachments below are the scope captures that appeared in the video. The Cap discharge trace with the 'crook' in it was thought to be the trace where the HV diode is merely included in the circuit (which it is), and the 'smoother' trace is without the HV diode (which it is). But further, however, the trace with the crook in it IS the signature of the effect ... or more clearly ... the CROOK itself IS the signature of the effect.

This is all very exciting! I will compile the video as quickly as I can so you all can see that the effect actually has a 'face'.

Thank you. Peace,

Greg
            Attached Thumbnails

-----------------------------------

09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
            gmeast vbmenu_register("postmenu_28386", true);

new video of signature trace
            Hi all,

As I said I would do in a recent reply, I have posted a new video showing the unique wave form characteristic of the water spark plug circuit discharge cycle. Please note the time period in the video is 250u-sec per division so the signature is not casually apparent. My new Gotoluc-Lindemann circuit version operates at 60 Hz and is powered by two Mosfet packages triggered by integral opto-isolated inputs. These inputs are excited by two external resistor divider networks phased 180 deg. from each other via the full bridge rectifier. At present I am still limited to lower voltages and currents by the inrush ratings of the Mosfets. I will be reverting to triacs for the generator set tests however. They have an 800V rating.

The new video is located here:

YouTube - sgnature trace

Thanks. Peace,

Greg
            --------------------------------------------
            Last edited by Aaron; 01-18-2009, 07:04 PM.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Nat - Not sure if there is a difference if the diode is in or out of the tube. Gray showed his triode outside of the tube and Bedini showed the diode outside of the tube.

Beshires - a regular HV spark to the grids won't do it but with the diode effect, it isn't a regular HV spark. It is a plasma burst just like the water sparkplug circuit, which is "cold" because of even less current due to the increased discharge speed of the capacitor.
              I always use a diode on the low voltage side of the tube. I am saying that If you are Jumping the spark thru plain air be it from carbon, or from bouncing it off a diode the electrical impulse will not energize a coil. The only way to discharge a capacitor is switching across the load after it has charged. Simply connecting the capacitor across the load doesn't do it. The capacitor has to charge which requires voltage applied before the discharge can happen. I can hook a capacitor charged up with 400VDC and It will Not discharge thru air inside the Grey Tube. there has to be physical or mechanical touching of both leads for the capacitor to discharge. If you are using a ignition coil and jumping sparks around inside the Grey tube then I bet you it is high voltage arcing. And you may be able to flash neon bulbs, and charge a battery, But it will not magnatize a coil. Rectified DC does not look like lightening.

If the grey tube were wired into place where the popping coil is this would be how the schematic shows it.... Except for the capacitor will store a charge until the lead is touched to the popping coil. wired strait to one end of the grey tupe and to the grid or the other end of the tube the capacitor will charge but will not spark or discharge thru the tube. Try it, but check the voltage across the capacitor if it doesn't discharge the continual climbing voltage will explode it. 400VDC would not jump across a 1/16 inch gap to discharge itself.
              Last edited by Beshires1; 02-18-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the repost, Aaron.

I agree that this is clearly what we're going for. Do you know if he had any carbon in the circuit?

Comment

• plasma spark

I believe Greg was just using a regular spark plug. The first time I build this circuit, I just the heads of 2 nails and it worked great.
                  Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Comment

• beshires1

i dont think your coil is energising because we havent generated a proper electro radiant event yet. Perhaps a vacuum or/and a gas is required in the tube for this

Comment

• Originally posted by nat1971a View Post
                      beshires1

i dont think your coil is energising because we havent generated a proper electro radiant event yet. Perhaps a vacuum or/and a gas is required in the tube for this
                      I think you are right about the vacuum, or gas being required. I now have the popping coil wired thru a relay with the relay's trigger ground going to battery ground and the trigger positive to the tubes grid. With the popping coil's capacitor fully charged and the Grey tube high voltage jumping to the low voltage then to Grid. (I have a carbon resistor and the diode in place on the low voltage electrode.) Gap is 1/8 inch from grid to low voltage electrode and with sparks jumping madly from the low voltage to the grid It still will not trigger the relay. The low voltage DC is still not transfering to the Grid. I can disconnect the relay's positive trigger wire from the grid, and touch it to the low voltage electrode's 12V and bang the popping coil fires. The high voltage I used in the tube was not rectified but I'm going to half-wave rectified high voltage for another try.

Comment

• My New Video

I made a slightly bigger cap for the T-Tap on my CSET, and placed the cap I used in my first video across the Tube from the center electrode to the outer grid. I can definitely see from the effect that the cap is discharging through the Tube. I'm getting this effect at all three connection points, with 7.5kV.

Here's the short video:

Jerry's Site - Bigger Cap.avi

It remains to be seen if this effect will conduct a heavy pulse from a car battery. Each of the little short circuits in the video may be roughly equivalent to a momentary but interrupted partial discharge from a larger system cap, if it were used. At this level of juice from the cap, a Low Voltage source would have to be what powers the load. And this is still presuming that there needs to be a conduction within the CSET, rather than an inductive coupling.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Thats mad!!!!

Comment

• Thanks for your interest.

For some reason, the video doesn't look as good after uploading it, then downloading it again, as it does straight from my computer.

And the camera doesn't see the same thing I see. I see sparks everywhere, flying all around, but the camere shows fuzzy blue energy flashes. Sometimes these blobs obscure multiple sparks in the same basic area. Must have something to do with the camera's CCD. I have no doubt that the energy is there, and maybe it's important. So the camera may turn out to be a valuable research tool.

It's just that all the sparks look so much neater in real life.

Comment

• Two Arcs From Capacitor

I've verified that my diode circuit can support two arcs. One arc shorts the capacitor with a high frequency spark, similar to a Tesla Coil primary. This arc is synonymous with the constant arc in the Overshoot Switch tube. The addition of this arc does not prevent the same capacitor from producing the CSET arc at the same time. The presence of the CSET arc is shown by the presence of the T-Tap spark at the end of the diode, since this arc will not form without a simultaneous arc in series with the diode. In this case, the series arc is in the CSET. In operation, the diode spark isn't needed, since the T-Tap jumper wire will be connected to the grid.

In the picture, both arcs are about 3/4" long, at 7.5kV.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Electrotek ; How many kV does it take to jump a spark 2 inches thru air?

Comment

Working...
                                X