Cold Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Fusion

I just finishing watching some stuff on youtube on cold fusion and how simple it is to produce. I did a search of the forum and no one has posted anything on the topic. I find this a bit strange, has anyone done any work with it.

What exactly do you mean with the term "cold fusion"?
    It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Cold fusion example

This link shows how to make it. Basically what is happening is the amount of energy you put in the form of electricity is exceeded by the amount that comes out in heat
      YouTube - hydrogen cold fusion plasma electrolysis Reactor CFR
      JLN has info on build a cell yourself. The downer seems to be that the electrode gets warn quick
      Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
      What exactly do you mean with the term "cold fusion"?

Comment

Hi Group,

My REPLICATION, of Japans Hokkaido University
        Ohmori and Mizuno, Cold? Fusion Reaction.
        http://www.amasci.com/weird/anode.txt

Was very simple and easy to reproduce.

Just weighing the water loss over time and knowing the watts resulted in an arguable cop of 1.0 then add in the temp rise, and hydrogen/oxygen produced and we are easy in the free lunch zone.

Getting involved in the "what changed into what" argument is significantly more expensive and tedious side of the effect, I did not bother with...

Dave

Comment

Wow

Wow thats excellent stuff. Its nice to see something so definite. Is there much difficulty the electrodes surving long under those conditions. How long would they survive.

Comment

Low Energy Nuclear Reactions = LENR = "Cold Fusion"

The "My Reproduction" comment was from Dr. Eugene Mallove... Who was a distinguished scientist and engineer before his murder 4 years ago. So his ideas of what's "easy" to achieve in a highly controlled experiment are not quite the same as ours i suspect

From all what i have seen about this, it is NOT very easy for a layman to do at home, and getting a hold of the parts, materials, and chemicals needed could be difficult. The vessels need to be of certain design, the electrodes are exotic and presumably very expensive. Sometimes they use Deuterium-enriched water as well to increase the reaction. Lol, i read that the one company in France that is producing "kits" to do the experiment for universities and private labs is charging over $200k .

Also, besides the Abnormal Glow phenomena there is little in the proper results that can be called "spectacular"; so it would be difficult to measure the results accurately to tell if it was a success or not. Without a spectrometer you cannot detect the trace elements that were created; and the heat generation is still rather small in comparison to a non-LENR reaction using the same electrical current heating means; so exacting and very precise measurement is required.

But that doesn't mean that a University physics lab couldn't handle it fine; or that it doesn't have great potential for the future!!

I think a more productive move for us would be to start petitioning our major universities here in the U.S to ask them why they continue to refuse to study this phenomena... As Dr. Mallove did before his death.

The thing that gets me about LENR is that it really could be more of a Biophysics study than general Physics or nuclear physics. After all, we have known since the 1950's that our bodies, and those of all plants and animals, use LENR or something like it at the cellular level to transmute elements.

It could be that this aspect of it, transmutation, is the reason LENR is being suppressed here. And in this, LENR has something in common with Brown's Gas: Which also has transmuting and "de-radiating" abilities (treating radioactive materials with a hydroxy flame has been shown to remove over 90% of the radiation); just as radioactive materials in close proximity to operating LENR electrodes can lose their radioactivity. So imo, there is a strong but poorly-understood link between the strange effects of Brown's Gas flames and LENR.

Comment

Hi Group,

Not true, It is very easy to do.

Chemicals/Materials
              Baking soda yes sodium not potassium, still works.
              OR
              No-Salt potassium.
              1/8" Tungsten welding rod for center electrode, green or red tip.
              Some stainless wire for the outer electrode.

Equipment:
              Face shield, with safety glasses on under.
              Plastic bib.
              A stout transformer 2 to 1 step up.
              An equally stout variac.
              A full wave bridge made from 4 smaller bridges, or more
              A 600v cap electrolytic Cap the bigger the better.
              A Pyrex canning jar or like.
              A insulator for the center electrode so only 1/2 inch or less is in contact with the water.

Directions:
              Preheat the water to simmering.
              Apply power.
              Start with 180v dc.

Dave

Comment

Yeah if you goto jln labs on the net they show a nice simple way to do it if your on 240volts.
                It would seem so promising if only you could stop the tungstan from going up in vapour. Someone will figure it out no doubt. I would like to give a go myself build a reactor however you can only tackle so much at once.
                If you could seperate the gas element from the reactor and control feed it that would be the way to control the heat. It would be do able as the as initally the the high amperage is used to create the gas then it ignites and then the amp drops back down. It would seem all you need is an ignition process with a hydrogen feed to better control it.

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks for that Jib, keep rambling, the Cold fusion course will write it self We are going to reproduce one locally for the Panacea university course, here are the tungsten rods we got, going to follow naudins one and try to run a load on it to measure the OU

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: tungston1vv1.jpg
                  ImageShack - Image Hosting :: tungston2dk4.jpg

Maybe a Stirling engine i don't now, but i know that the only way to show it , is to load it.
                  Naudin's one and more is here
                  Plasma electrolysis

Ash
                  Last edited by ashtweth; 12-28-2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Use them gases

If you could split the steam adn the gas from one and other you could feed it back into the system maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by dmonarch View Post
                      If you could split the steam adn the gas from one and other you could feed it back into the system maybe.
                      i was able to seperate them by passing both through a ten foot length of copper pipe angled so the condensed water would run back into the system and the gasses escaped... the remaining pressure increase (BECAUSE OF H2O2) could easily be captured and bubbled into a displacement bottle for collection.

Dave
                      Last edited by dave_cahoon; 01-13-2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Dave thanks for the feedback my friend, ill use a steam load as per your advice what a nice piece of work you have done there my friend, do you mind if we feature your stuff in the Cold fusion course

Comment

I believe LENR and fusion is pretty much the holy grail to "free energy", this would be a cool project to replicate. I've seen a few interesting sites on cold fusion type reactions. This guy has done quite a few experiments, and everything is well documented: index

This is interesting as well, imo. YouTube - Cold Fusion-ish reaction (4)

Comment

Managed Circumstances

I was kind of wondering if you could make the whole thing more controlled. It would seem to rely on temperature and hydrogen production initially to get started.
                            I wonder if you could have a seperate hydrogen or hho source and feed it into distilled heated water, crack and arc and then turn back as normal.
                            I wont be finding out for some time, the kind of power supply it requires i just dont have.

Comment

Well Ash,

All is fair in html use what you want, my site is good till 2010may?
                              or copy what you want to. I've since learned to use a piece of cardboard to make my bench look cleaner than it is, photographically...

The reaction will work with 120vdc IF YOU PREHEAT the water to get it started.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X