Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hh1341 View Post
    chemelec

Start a thread ........Metal detectors sound like a great project!

Carl
    Why?
    Just go to my Website.

CHEMELEC

A 4 wire Bifular wound Tesla coil.
    http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Proje...al/4-Tesla.jpg
    Last edited by chemelec; 12-30-2008, 10:28 PM. Reason: Added Info

Comment

A video for you

I decided to make a video to show you my setup, pictures just wernt going to cut it. This is a trifilar coil winder i made, but could be used for bifilar as well, you may want the trifilar option later on down the road. YouTube - Trifilar Coil Jig

Comment

cody,

that's a pretty neat setup, thanks for the demo. it's just rather fineky when it comes to winding multifilar coils because of the different start times and speeds of the motors needed, but i guess practice makes perfect...

maybe a (simple) modification could be made and link the bottom rig where the source coils are with the top motor using two drive belts at 90 deg angle (even a mini gear shaft of sorts could be constructed so that by alternating the transmission gear size you could adjust the rotation of the bottom rig).

i'm sure you already thought of this, but i figured to post this for the benefit of others who might not have it in mind.
        Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

Amigo,
          Thanks for the reply. That is a great idea to connect the two, no i had not thought of that, i knew there had to be a better way. That being said, i will say i have made some pretty impressive coils with the current setup, your modification would make it the supreme machine though.

Comment

Working...
          X