My lenzless motor idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lenzless motor idea.

Since I put it on ou.com I might as well share it here as well...

Oke here's another half baked one.

Again the idea is fairly simple, Using two radially magnetized (one would also work but less torque) you get such a field that will produce a net torque on a current carrying wire. As the conductor is rotating the flux will remain constant at all angles thus no induced current will be generated and there will be no back drag (lenz's law). So the loop will accelerate to INFINITY AND BEYOOOOOND..

As always feedback is appreciated.

After I went to bed for sleep I realized that a radial field wasn't needed at all. So here is the method to use with axial magnetized ring magnets. See below. Obviously the lower part has to be weakened a bit for maximum effect but this is easy peasy by putting it in a magnetic pot. See simulation.
    And another design...

That's it folks. Tomorrow I'll be experimenting with one bar magnet and my claimed nonzero net force that should occur.
    Last edited by broli; 05-20-2010, 10:02 PM.

Looks different, original

And different is good. Let us know how it goes :-)
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Updated with new design. Also would like to mention that I was a bit too optimistic with the experiment date. Since today I only bought some PVC tubes and parts which I built a frame with. So I'll try and finish it over the next coming days.

Also can someone with magnets and some time, produce the following experiment please:

The question is. Will there be a force. This experiment looks ridiculously simple and the obvious question would be YES. But think about the ramifications. Since if you make a closed loop of that track like in my previous designs. Lenz law in theory will never act as there's neither a changing area nor a changing flux so the induced EMF = 0 and torque will remain constant.

Edit: I'm getting lots of idea for this concept. Here's yet another design:

You have to imagine this being a tiny slice of a circular setup.
      Last edited by broli; 06-05-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

nice ideas

How would the magnet inside the coil stay still? You could just fix the magnet to the coil, that would reduce magnetic drag. Have you read all the links on 'beating lenz's law' thread, esp the faraday Homopolar generator stuff?
        Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

I did read a few of them but thanks to you I just realized something now.

This is a type of homopolar motor! And it's almost even an N-machine. That's really good to know since it means I'm on the right track here! I think the biggest difference now is the absence of commutator-brush and not using the magnets themselves as conductors. I hope this will help in efficiency and kill lenz law almost completely.

The fact that a faraday's and even DePalma's motor can act as a generator when rotated means there's something wrong. It shouldn't induce any EMF when manually rotated if the setup is right!

Comment

Glad to help broli :-)

Hope you don't mind, I know this is off topic re what you are sharing but I have also had lenzless motor ideas, and it occurred to me you thread name was perfect. It's just an adaption of bedini motor but uses no transistors and hopefully will bypass Lenz's law a whole bunch..

I'm making it out of cd's thanks to m3sca1's comments on youtube.

YouTube - lenzless bedini motor - no transistors

Comment

Just a heads up, I just completed a very crude experiment that indeed confirms what Faraday found and many others after him. That is, when a magnet is rotating around it's magnetic axis the magnetic field will remain stationary.

By manually rotating one of the previously posted setup:

Holding the wire and lower magnet stationary and rotating the upper magnet very fast (in my case using a drill). I could measure no voltage at all. While I could easily generate voltage by hand movement of the magnet like the well known induction experiment.

So this experiment "confirms" (I still want to make it a bit more proffesional though). That this setup does not act as a generator. IN OTHER WORDS...The rotation is NOT counter acted. This is a very important conclusion.

If the next phase succeeds. That is to show that the upper magnet rotates when I push a current through the wire. I can know that there's no counter torque due to phase 1 of the experiment. And that the magnet can rotate as fast as I want and have time. Since there will be a constant torque that speeds the rotation up linearly with time.
              Last edited by broli; 06-05-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

As far i know the Faraday drops more Amps as voltage. you maybe go to look for that.
                And i think a Shaft is importend, to get the Energy from the Field via Induction.
                Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

If no measurable voltage can be found at any high speeds then that's a good thing. To be honest I haven't checked for current as that depends on the resistance which is not important. Even if I measured 1000 A at 0.000 001 V it only means that if I apply 10 V to the wire I'll measure 10.000.000.000 A - 1000 A, at a given rotation speed. Which is insignificant in this case.

Comment

Does anyone have a working homopolar motor?

Comment

I wish i had But i play with the Newman around, thats still a challenge.
                      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

I recently realized that ideas are worthless without any resources. The ideas I have in mind rest on very basic principles but I'm having big difficulty in materializing them. That's why I hoped I could work with someone who does have the resources and craftsmanship on hand. But it proves to be more difficult than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                        X