Buzzsaw Gravity Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzsaw Gravity Wheel

This thread specifically meant for gravity wheel that use rotation and ball like the original Buzzsaw gravity wheel. Any other type can be freely posted but for pendulum motion gravity wheel it would be more appropriate to be posted on this thread instead:
    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ead.php?t=3703

More detail of Buzzsaw gravity wheel can be found at this link:
    Directory:BuzzSaw Gravity Wheel - PESWiki
    The BuzzSaw "Gravity Wheel" was invented around 1909 and built with heavy duty cast iron. Family members indicate that it ran by itself with overunity and generated free energy that could run a small saw mill. The wheel is referred to as BuzzSaw due to its saw blade like wheel design.

The gravity wheel has an inner wheel with 16 notches and an outer wheel with 8 notches for carrying weights. Weights would shift between the inner and outer wheel with a special gear ratio and weight pattern to obtain overunity. Springs and levers were said to have been incorporated that worked with the nubs on the end of the 12 weights.

The original inventor was said to have built many wooden models of this wheel, from small table-top to large versions (per family members). Once it was perfected, he built the cast iron version that you see today.

My attempt to replicate this is wheel is done via WM2D software. You can download and use it for free without the option to save your work. To make the wheel, I use free version of QCAD. QCAD would allow much more complete object than WM2D. This also avoid having to buy WM2D to save your work, constructing the wheel require little time. I will post it if anyone interested.
    Working Model 2D - Home
    SourceForge.net: QCad binary for Windows: Files

My replication has following assumption:
    - outside wheel move twice faster than
    - the number of ball at the inner side is twice at the outer side

This is the ball position for the left turning version:

The result:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8lDU-ExYA

I tried left rotation and right rotation. The wheel only turn for a while. The ball drop force do not generate enough power to oppose ball lifting force. I also tried with deeper drop hole but still get the same result.

If anyone has suggestion, I will try it if possible.
Working...
X