Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! Can It Really Be This Easy???

MAGNETIC GRAVITY WHEEL!

We all know like poles of magnets repel each other.

Imagine that the magnets below are cylindrical
    and travel freely within tubes attached to the wheel.

So, by placing the like poles of a magnet on the inside
    of a spinning wheel, the magnets (weights) are CONSTANTLY
    forced to the outer perimeter of the wheel.

Similarily, by placing the like poles of a magnet on the outside
    of a spinning wheel, the magnets (weights) are CONSTANTLY
    forced to the inner perimeter of the wheel.

The unbalanced weight should keep the wheel spinning.

Centrifugal forces may make it harder to keep the weights
    to the inside, but larger stator magnets should help overcome that.

Thoughts? Look simple enough? Am I missing something?

Don't forget to check out my other gravity idea here:
    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...er-anyone.html

Last edited by bobo36us; 06-02-2009, 02:50 AM.

Hi bobo36us

Thanks for sharing your example.

First, you could eliminate one set of stators by just having weak springs inside the tubes holding the magnets in one position. When the like poles align, they will compress the springs moving the magnet away. All the magnetic fields are more or less additive and can get complex in their interaction. The less magnets, the better. So, we can eliminate the outer stator magnets and make the build smaller by using weak springs forcing the magnet weights towards the center.

Second, I don't think it will work for the following reason: In your example the wheel will rotate counter-clockwise because the magnet weights are extended and gravity will pull that side down. If you look at just before the 12 o'clock position, you have a bunch of same polarity magnetic fields approaching each other and they will be repelling each other. The fields are additive, so we are not looking at just one pole repelling the other pole, but all the following poles in the rotor and in the stator are adding together to oppose each other. The question is will all the extended magnetic weights on the left overcome all the opposing poles to get you past this sticky point? My guess is No?

This is the point where the leading edges could benefit from the shielding technique described in this thread.

If you do get past the sticky point, you will enter a flux gate and the rotor will get a burst of acceleration. .

Also, don't forget all the friction of magnets sliding inside the tubes making it even more difficult for rotation.

In the example I use to start this thread, there is no friction except the bearings of the axle and hinges.

Tish

Comment

nice idea

It's an idea I've considered to pull a pendulum weight in on one side of my wheel at 3o'clock or push it in at 9o'clock..

Well worth experimenting on as an idea, and playing with different designs utilizing the same principle. Ie, having stationary magnets at an angle, and shielding the poles that are not in use.

Look forward to seeing the results of your investigations :-) as these ideas re magnetic gravity wheels look to hold a lot of promise.

Love and light
      Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Magnetic gravity wheel.

Hi bobo36us,

I have seen a similar idea posted on overunity dot com.
        Gravity Magnet Motor Animation (Updated: 9.6.08) | Energy | My Blog

Looks quite similar in principle.

Take care,

Michel
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

Eliminate 6'O clock to 9'O clock on the left side, and 12'O clock to 3'O clock on the right hand side. This will have a better chance of working. Although, I think it will equalize after a rotation or two. Good Luck. Stealth
          Last edited by Stealth; 06-04-2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

You will have a pinch point between 12oclock and 6oclock. You need to further that gap. Measure the feild of the magnet and make sure you have a blank area with a little to spare.

Matt

Comment

Perhaps try this variation?

Magnet+motor+idea.jpg (image)

someone else has tried something very similar;

Mondrasek Gravity-Assisted Magnet Wheel Latch Mechanism

Love and light
              Last edited by Inquorate; 06-04-2009, 02:57 PM.
              Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

It will be important to investigate the phases in which the magnets shift position. Too quickly or too slow would slow down the wheel right there, I reckon. If the magnets could be aligned offset from a radial line, that might help, too.

Comment

Working...
                X