Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Speed Mechanical Switching Vs Transistors (aka purple flashing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inquorate View Post
    Yes, but your body can't get rid of absorbed mercury which makes you go mentally crazy.

So, steer away from mercury streams.
    ok . Our experiment with CFL is risky too when I think about it....

Comment

interesting scope readings

YouTube - mechanical switch vs signal generator

YouTube - purple flashes on the scope

I don't know what to make of it yet.

Love and light
      Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Is it the spark?

Furthermore, is it the random nature of the spark?

A self oscillating relay (sparking) driving a high frequency LC tank circuit might activate LED's off an avramenko plug.

Can't sleep, just thinking out loud.
        Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

555 broke, convert to mechanical

My circuit broke yesterday. Still failed to build the replacement (two replication failed). Since I need to charge fast I decide to build mechanical version.

I convert one brushed dc motor to mechanical switch. I remove the core and the wounding and shorting out one of the commutator. Then I connect it to dc motor. The benefit is the brush and the commutator is copper.

If you have two dc motor from toys, you should be able to build this right away. Just remember to turn the dc motor first before turning on the coil power source.
          Attached Files

Comment

Lovely idea

Originally posted by sucahyo View Post
            My circuit broke yesterday. Still failed to build the replacement (two replication failed). Since I need to charge fast I decide to build mechanical version.

I convert one brushed dc motor to mechanical switch. I remove the core and the wounding and shorting out one of the commutator. Then I connect it to dc motor. The benefit is the brush and the commutator is copper.

If you have two dc motor from toys, you should be able to build this right away. Just remember to turn the dc motor first before turning on the coil power source.
            Very easy to build and very innovative, Thankyou for sharing

Comment

In case speed controller is needed. We can use transistor to limit the current. Yesterday I found out that the battery do not run long enough and using the same source as the coil require some current control. I did it by using 2K2 resistor at transistor base. But the motor need higher current to start than running current so a bypass to start the motor is needed.

Transistor trick only work on brushed motor though.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sucahyo; 10-15-2009, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Some info on choosing mechanical switch:
                Avoid switching mistakes - 2007-09-01 02:00:00 EDT | Test & Measurement World

The important part:

Comment

Working...
                X