Magnet motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnet motor

Can you please tell me whether you think this magnet motor will work or not?
    If not then I would like to know the reason why not please.

Most magnet motors seem to have a bad press, so I don't hold much hope for this one:
    http://www.flantoons.co.uk/magnet-motor001.jpg

Thank you.
    Mike UK

The magnets above the iron bar will still be attracted to it. But it's a neat design.
    If you could shield the top if the iron bar, it would have more of a chance. You'd be the first one, so it's worth the effort.

Comment

Hi Mike(uk)
      I've done some work on this sort of thing,2 like poles hate each other and will look for "miles" to find a piece of iron,and when they find it stick like hell, it will come to rest just about as shown in the diag.But don't stop looking,I don't think I will!!!
      peter (uk)

Comment

Replace the iron bar with ceramic magnets in the attraction mode. Only one set of magnets at the top of bar location. They will need to be weak attraction magnets, just enough to overcome the repulsion of the other magnets. An over balance is what you are looking for. Just enough to keep the wheels from coming to a rest. Good Luck. Stealth

Comment

Hi Mike,
          I hope you take no offense in my cutting up and adding to your drawing.
          After looking at it yesterday I kept thinking of it ( what if, what if ). I find it
          easier to show my ideas with a drawing so here goes.

I also would have rotated one wheel 45 deg, MS paint seems to only offer 90,
          180, & 270 in rotation. This change would have placed the wheels out of phase,
          which I have found in my testing may help to overcome any sticky spots that
          you may encounter.

I wish you good luck if you attempt this build.

best to you,
          Gene

Comment

Originally posted by Flantoons View Post
            Can you please tell me whether you think this magnet motor will work or not?
            If not then I would like to know the reason why not please.

Most magnet motors seem to have a bad press, so I don't hold much hope for this one:
            http://www.flantoons.co.uk/magnet-motor001.jpg

Thank you.
            Mike UK

Flantoons... I tried this about a year ago... Only the two magnet rotors were geared together with large spurr gears slightly larger than the rotors. For the center iron bar, I used a triangular iron piece with a radius that got closer to the magnets as they approched the center. I offset the rotors by one tooth of the gear so that they came off center one slightly before the other. I tried everything I could think of.. but could never get rid of the "sticky spot". With very little applied force, the rotors would turn 15- 20 revolutions. but would always slow and stop. I haven't given up yet.. just put this on the back burner for a while.. Hope you can come up with something that will make this work.. I still think a truely magnetic motor is possible..
            Paul

Comment

Lots of good answers....thanks to all.
              Flantoons.

Comment

Originally posted by rileydad48 View Post
                I tried everything I could think of.. but could never get rid of the "sticky spot".
                I've always suggested using bismuth plates instead of steel. I have a feeling that's the way to go.

ABC

Comment

Magnetic field shielding experiments

Experiments with shielded magnets, and brief conjecture re magnet / electret interactions in a wimshurst generator type setup;

YouTube - experiments shielding magnetic fields

Love and light
                  Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Originally posted by rileydad48 View Post
                    Flantoons... I tried this about a year ago... Only the two magnet rotors were geared together with large spurr gears slightly larger than the rotors. For the center iron bar, I used a triangular iron piece with a radius that got closer to the magnets as they approched the center. I offset the rotors by one tooth of the gear so that they came off center one slightly before the other. Hope you can come up with something that will make this work.. I still think a truely magnetic motor is possible..
                    Paul
                    Hi Paul,
                    Good to see you in here.
                    I tried everything I could think of.. but could never get rid of the "sticky spot". With very little applied force, the rotors would turn 15- 20 revolutions. but would always slow and stop. I haven't given up yet.. just put this on the back burner for a while..
                    I had another what if. In my testing with a single bike wheel I've found that some strange things happen when using a flimsy material for my stater arm. If I hold stater loosely and allow it to shake & twist slightly in my hand it seems to want to maintain RPMs for a short time, after being spun up by hand and hopefully coordinating the whole process. It seems as tho the flux rather enjoys being pulsed or at least given some freedom to move, possibly attempting to set up it's own resonance? Much testing is needed.

What if we were to remove the gearing in a dual wheel set up, and replace it with a rubber band, or light rubber belt. I'm thinking that a pulse in attraction or repulsion might cause a stretch in the rubber acting as energy storage to possibly snap through sticky spot. What do you think?

http://w3lpsw.blu.livefilestore.com/...and%20belt.JPG

Best 2 U,
                    Gene

Comment

Check this out

YouTube - Free Energy # 7 The Working All Magnet Motor (FM Concepts)

Comment

Originally posted by gene gene View Post
                        Hi Paul,
                        Good to see you in here.

I had another what if. In my testing with a single bike wheel I've found that some strange things happen when using a flimsy material for my stater arm. If I hold stater loosely and allow it to shake & twist slightly in my hand it seems to want to maintain RPMs for a short time, after being spun up by hand and hopefully coordinating the whole process. It seems as tho the flux rather enjoys being pulsed or at least given some freedom to move, possibly attempting to set up it's own resonance? Much testing is needed.

What if we were to remove the gearing in a dual wheel set up, and replace it with a rubber band, or light rubber belt. I'm thinking that a pulse in attraction or repulsion might cause a stretch in the rubber acting as energy storage to possibly snap through sticky spot. What do you think?

http://w3lpsw.blu.livefilestore.com/...and%20belt.JPG

Best 2 U,
                        Gene
                        Sounds worth taking a punt at. It's like what I hope the Electret can do; wiggle the stator
                        Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Originally posted by Flantoons View Post
                          Lots of good answers....thanks to all.
                          Flantoons.
                          Flantoons... Here are a couple of drawings, showing how I did mine version of this motor...
                          Paul
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X