The American Ruling Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rickoff View Post
    I agree that this pumpkin sculpture is quite unique, but once again find myself asking: What in the world does this have to do with the topic of this thread??

Rick
    Hi Rick
    I think the relevance is one of two things...

The sculptor is using the pumpkins to push sumbliminal messages onto the unsuccepecting public like"vote for Obama"

Or he is storing the guts from the pumpkins incase the government out laws pumpkins becuase of the recent pumpkin debate in the senate
    If it isnt one of those reasons then I dont have a clue either.

Bizzy
    Smile it doesn't hurt!

Jesus said,"...all things are possible through God." Mk10:27

Comment

• Good one, Bizzy

Yeah, can't see the relevence, either. Neat sculpture, yse. Relevence, no. It reminds me of the kind of thing I would get sent in an e-mail; you know, how some people are addicted to forwarding, and once you get on their list, they keep forwarding you, (and any other unfortunates foolish enough to give them their e-mails), all this,...stuff, without any regard to whether you want to see it, or whether it has any relevence,.....hmmmmm, I guess now we know what happens to such addicts, when everyone eventually blocks their e-mail address, and stops responding.

They go on forums, to continue to feed their addiction! Good on you, Rick, for saying "Enough is enough!". If it ain't relevent, start your OWN thread, on neat carved pumpkins, or orchestra organising, or whatever the F*ck else you want, but get it out of this thread, if it ain't relevent to the topic.

As for the 'talk is cheap' comment, i don't know what you been smokin, but yer otter share! Jim

Comment

• 1 step closer

Just moved a step closer, to getting out of the city; bought 2 older travel trailers.A little minor fix-up, and I'll be able to move one into a park, here in the city, and reduce our rent by 1/2.Take the 'savings', and put that into fixing up both, to be 'self-contained', i.e. 'boondock ready'.

Then, again, applying the savings to buying some land I know of, at about 6000' elevation, about 20 min. drive from a small town, where my wife should be able to find some work. (I'm disabled). Initially we'll put the other trailer in a park at a location around 2000' elevation, and eventually buy a piece of land at that elevation.

The idea is to have a location to stay at from May to October, and from November to April. And to reduce our 'overhead' to a minimum, for the time when everything goes over the cliff. Anyway, I'm a happy camper, and will be, in the future! Jim

Oh, and the 'relevence' is I'm hoping to get us to a point where the American ruling class has minimal influence on us.
        Last edited by dutchdivco; 10-26-2011, 07:13 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchdivco View Post
          Just moved a step closer, to getting out of the city; bought 2 older travel trailers.A little minor fix-up, and I'll be able to move one into a park, here in the city, and reduce our rent by 1/2.Take the 'savings', and put that into fixing up both, to be 'self-contained', i.e. 'boondock ready'.

Then, again, applying the savings to buying some land I know of, at about 6000' elevation, about 20 min. drive from a small town, where my wife should be able to find some work. (I'm disabled). Initially we'll put the other trailer in a park at a location around 2000' elevation, and eventually buy a piece of land at that elevation.

The idea is to have a location to stay at from May to October, and from November to April. And to reduce our 'overhead' to a minimum, for the time when everything goes over the cliff. Anyway, I'm a happy camper, and will be, in the future! Jim

Oh, and the 'relevence' is I'm hoping to get us to a point where the American ruling class has minimal influence on us.
          Hi Jim
          Getting out of th e city is a very smart move!!!
          We still live in the city township but have a small secluded hunting camp 20 minutes away incase things go south here.
          Fortunately most of my neighbors by the camp are like miinded so we have a great group of people to rely on for when the city gets too bad.

We are prepared, so i Guess my stock pile of food and ammo is an action not words
          Bizzy
          Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

• McCoys' Fruit Buds

Originally posted by aljhoa View Post
            ACORN: Puppet Master of Occupy Wall Street
            The Working Families Party, an infamous ACORN front group notorious for corruption, was instrumental in organizing the Occupy Wall Street protests, according to radical journalist Laura Flanders of Free Speech TV.

The influence of ACORN on the Wall Street protests should have been clear by the unhinged nature of much of the demonstrations. The question is really only whether the radical outfit will push the mob into more and more extreme behavior. Determining the answer to this question will likely not be pleasant.

ACORN: Puppet Master of Occupy Wall Street | FrontPage Magazine

Top Obama Advisor Patrick Gaspard Behind the SEIU, ACORN, OWS Connection
            Let’s set the facts straight right away about the public premise that OWS is a “leaderless movement.” That’s a lie. It’s just not true. Everything I have learned indicates otherwise.

Top Obama Advisor Patrick Gaspard Behind the SEIU, ACORN, OWS Connection | Alternative News Report
            Al

Comment

• Originally posted by aljhoa View Post
              McCoys' Fruit Buds

Al
              Hi Al
              Thanks for sharing.
              It doesnt surprise me that some marxist Obama supporter from Acorn is behind the "occupy" movement.
              Bizzy
              Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

• Let’s set the facts straight right away about the public premise that OWS is a “leaderless movement.” That’s a lie. It’s just not true. Everything I have learned indicates otherwise.
                Top Obama Advisor Patrick Gaspard Behind the SEIU, ACORN, OWS Connection | Alternative News Report
                There 'might' be some Groups what would like to take OWS over, but get involved, see for yourself what it is about, but dont try to post Links here, what try to divide the Movement into Left/Right with this standard Tactic what they allways use. Believe it, it are others Peoples there, without a Black and White View but way other Intentions.

Who Rules America: An Investment Manager's View on the Top 1%
                The Upper Half of the Top 1%

Membership in this elite group is likely to come from being involved in some aspect of the financial services or banking industry, real estate development involved with those industries, or government contracting. Some hard working and clever physicians and attorneys can acquire as much as $15M-$20M before retirement but they are rare. Those in the top 0.5% have incomes over $500k if working and a net worth over $1.8M if retired. The higher we go up into the top 0.5% the more likely it is that their wealth is in some way tied to the investment industry and borrowed money than from personally selling goods or services or labor as do most in the bottom 99.5%. They are much more likely to have built their net worth from stock options and capital gains in stocks and real estate and private business sales, not from income which is taxed at a much higher rate. These opportunities are largely unavailable to the bottom 99.5%.

Recently, I spoke with a younger client who retired from a major investment bank in her early thirties, net worth around $8M. We can estimate that she had to earn somewhere around twice that, or $14M-$16M, in order to keep $8M after taxes and live well along the way, an impressive accomplishment by such an early age. Since I knew she held a critical view of investment banking, I asked if her colleagues talked about or understood how much damage was created in the broader economy from their activities. Her answer was that no one talks about it in public but almost all understood and were unbelievably cynical, hoping to exit the system when they became rich enough.
                Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• And as more as i look on this Page
                  http://www,http://alternativenewsrep...eiu-acorn-ows/ and found links like this
                  Real Writing Jobs - Earn Extra Money Writing!
                  well..., Yes?
                  Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joit View Post
                    There 'might' be some Groups what would like to take OWS over, but get involved, see for yourself what it is about, but dont try to post Links here, what try to divide the Movement into Left/Right with this standard Tactic what they allways use. Believe it, it are others Peoples there, without a Black and White View but way other Intentions.
                    Dead Giveaway
                    Only Martians know the differences between Constitutional Republic
                    and other implemented systems throughout millennia.

Al

Comment

• In an attempt to silence public opposition, Corporation U.S. has hit Google with a 70% increase in take down orders concerning videos on Google and YouTube which criticize the so-called but non-existing "federal government."

To read more about this, go here.
                      "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Even when i am not a big Fan from A. Jones, but he has one or 2 Points here

The Nwo is Here!! Alex Jones Report 1/3 - YouTube

Greek used his Pension Funds for the faulty Derivates, Germany now use the Insurance Funds to Rescue Greek

Comment

• Constitutional Convention Can Not Be Controlled
                          October 23rd, 2011 by Tom DeWeese

As Americans become more frightened by the disastrous direction our government is taking, and more frustrated that elected representatives are not listening to them, the demand is growing for drastic action. In recent months the action most heard in state houses across the nation is a rising call for a new Constitutional Convention (Con Con).

Their solution will be a disaster for one simple reason – no one can control a Constitutional Convent. It doesn’t matter how well intentioned its purpose. It doesn’t matter how well planned. It doesn’t matter what the actual resolution says and the people think they are approving. A Con Con has no oversight or rules other than those made by the actual participating delegates themselves. There are no rules for selecting delegates.

No doubt there is great need for several of the amendments Fruth and his group propose. But he seems to ignore the fact that there is a powerful, organized opposition. Again, I call your attention to the continuing battles over Health Care, taxes, illegal immigration and massive government spending. These are child‟s play compared to what will happen in a Con Con. Do Americans really want to risk that in these uncertain times? Every freedom-loving American must stand up against this misguided call for a Con Con. Tell your state legislators NO.

American Policy Center » Constitutional Convention Can Not Be Controlled

Al

Comment

• And now the US Big Banksters backup the European Scam with the Fed, as far as what, as that they can type Digits into her her Computers? Because the current Debt can allready not be payed back.

HOLY BAILOUT - Federal Reserve Now Backstopping $75 Trillion Of Bank Of America's Derivatives*Trades - Home - The Daily Bail

This story from Bloomberg just hit the wires this morning. Bank of America is shifting derivatives in its Merrill investment banking unit to its depository arm, which has access to the Fed discount window and is protected by the FDIC.

This means that the investment bank's European derivatives exposure is now backstopped by U.S. taxpayers. Bank of America didn't get regulatory approval to do this, they just did it at the request of frightened counterparties. Now the Fed and the FDIC are fighting as to whether this was sound. The Fed wants to "give relief" to the bank holding company, which is under heavy pressure.

This is a direct transfer of risk to the taxpayer done by the bank without approval by regulators and without public input. You will also read below that JP Morgan is apparently doing the same thing with $79 trillion of notional derivatives guaranteed by the FDIC and Federal Reserve.

What this means for you is that when Europe finally implodes and banks fail, U.S. taxpayers will hold the bag for trillions in CDS insurance contracts sold by Bank of America and JP Morgan. Even worse, the total exposure is unknown because Wall Street successfully lobbied during Dodd-Frank passage so that no central exchange would exist keeping track of net derivative exposure.

This is a recipe for Armageddon. Bernanke is absolutely insane. No wonder Geithner has been hopping all over Europe begging and cajoling leaders to put together a massive bailout of troubled banks. His worst nightmare is Eurozone bank defaults leading to the collapse of the large U.S. banks who have been happily selling default insurance on European banks since the crisis began.

Bloomberg

Excerpt:

Bank of America Corp. (BAC), hit by a credit downgrade last month, has moved derivatives from its Merrill Lynch unit to a subsidiary flush with insured deposits, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Federal Reserve and Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. disagree over the transfers, which are being requested by counterparties, said the people, who asked to remain anonymous because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly. The Fed has signaled that it favors moving the derivatives to give relief to the bank holding company, while the FDIC, which would have to pay off depositors in the event of a bank failure, is objecting, said the people. The bank doesn’t believe regulatory approval is needed, said people with knowledge of its position.

Comment

• Keller's Riverside Market

Keller's Riverside Store CHL radio ad - YouTube

This is a real America. I already have my Pennsylvania CWP otherwise i would fly down and take my training from him just to support him.
                              Bizzy
                              Smile it doesn't hurt!

Comment

• TOWARDS REFORMING
                                THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL AND MONETARY SYSTEMS IN THE CONTEXT OF GLOBAL PUBLIC AUTHORITY

Vatican City
                                Nonetheless, it should be reiterated that the process of globalisation with its positive aspects is at the root of the world economy's great development in the twentieth century. It is worth recalling that between 1900 and 2000 the world population increased almost fourfold and the wealth produced worldwide grew much more rapidly, resulting in a significant rise of average per capita income. At the same time, however, the distribution of wealth did not become fairer but in many cases worsened.

On the way to building a more fraternal and just human family and, even before that, a new humanism open to transcendence, Blessed John XXIII’s teaching seems especially timely. In the prophetic Encyclical Pacem in Terris of 1963, he observed that the world was heading towards ever greater unification. He then acknowledged the fact that a correspondence was lacking in the human community between the political organization “on a world level and the objective needs of the universal common good”. He also expressed the hope that one day “a true world political authority” would be created.

In the same spirit of Pacem in Terris, Benedict XVI himself expressed the need to create a world political authority. This seems obvious if we consider the fact that the agenda of questions to be dealt with globally is becoming ever longer. Think, for example, of peace and security; disarmament and arms control; promotion and protection of fundamental human rights; management of the economy and development policies; management of the migratory flows and food security, and protection of the environment. In all these areas, the growing interdependence between States and regions of the world becomes more and more obvious as well as the need for answers that are not just sectorial and isolated, but systematic and integrated, rich in solidarity and subsidiarity and geared to the universal common good.

As the Pope reminds us, if this road is not followed, “despite the great progress accomplished in various sectors, international law would risk being conditioned by the balance of power among the strongest nations.”

Globalization, despite some of its negative aspects, is unifying peoples more and prompting them to move towards a new “rule of law” on the supranational level, supported by a more intense and fruitful collaboration. With dynamics similar to those that put an end in the past to the “anarchical” struggle between rival clans and kingdoms with regard to the creation of national states, today humanity needs to be committed to the transition from a situation of archaic struggles between national entities, to a new model of a more cohesive, polyarchic international society that respects every people's identity within the multifaceted riches of a single humanity. Such a passage, which is already timidly under way, would ensure the citizens of all countries – regardless of their size or power – peace and security, development, and free, stable and transparent markets.

The birth of a new society and the building of new institutions with a universal vocation and competence are a prerogative and a duty for everyone, with no distinction. What is at stake is the common good of humanity and the future itself.In this context, for every Christian there is a special call of the Spirit to become committed decisively and generously so that the many dynamics under way will be channelled towards prospects of fraternity and the common good.

The spirit of Babel is the antithesis of the Spirit of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-12), of God’s design for the whole of humanity: that is, unity in truth. Only a spirit of concord that rises above divisions and conflicts will allow humanity to be authentically one family and to conceive of a new world with the creation of a world public Authority at the service of the common good.

Full Text: Note on financial reform from the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace

Al

Comment

Working...
                                X