Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Rick
    I love the description of your new home, lots of wooded land with a stream, passive solar house. Sound very nice, enjoy. But I’m jealous; do you need a permanent house guest?
    I already have one of those MS - my wife. It's a two bedroom home, and I use the spare bedroom as a music room/recording studio, so any guests would pretty much have to sleep on the floor, lol. Of course one could throw a cot or mattress up in the solar attic, but it can get rather cold up there at night, and usually hits around 140F degrees by early afternoon. Great for free heat, but you'd probably die of heat stroke in just a few minutes!

I posted a photo of the house about this time last year, and you can see that post here. I may just start a separate thread to tell more about the features of the house, and to talk about projects there that are planned or underway, as it might help others to see what can be done to become more independent while reducing energy requirements and expenses.

Rick
    "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Rick

"I may just start a separate thread to tell more about the features of the house, and to talk about projects there that are planned or underway, as it might help others to see what can be done to become more independent while reducing energy requirements and expenses."

PLEASE do this; it will help motivate me to do more work on MY project!
      Getting discouraged on how slow it is going, (for me), and could use a 'kick in the ass! Alas, I've got the time, and even the $, just running low on the energy! I try to do a little bit each day, but after several hours of work, I have to take a nap

Anyway, keep up the good work, sure sounds great! Jim

Comment

• Okay Jim, I will do that. I'm currently still away from home and working to prep my old house for rental, but I'll be back home the 16th, and will start taking some photos and video for the new thread. Do you already have some land, and is there a building on it already?
        "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Bizarre election statistics

Have you folks heard about the strange election statistics coming out of Ohio and Pennsylvania? In Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Barry "won" over 99% of the vote in over 100 voting precincts, and there were quite a few precincts where Mitt received zero votes! There were actually (according to the vote tally machines, lol) more than 50 precincts where Mitt received 2 votes or less. Oh, yes, and in Wood County, Ohio, Barry won the majority of the county's 108% of registered voters. Yep, 106,258 people in Wood County are registered to vote out of an eligible 98,213 so go figure.

In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, overall voter turnout was at 60%, but in the several precincts where GOP election inspectors were illegally removed, turnout was claimed at well over 90 percent, with 99.5% of the vote going to Barry. No wonder the Liberty Bell is cracked!

Comment

• Citizens in 20 states petition to secede

Petitions from citizens in 20 states have been filed with the Obama administration requesting withdrawal from the United States of America in order for the States to create their own governments. Texas is the first state to achieve 25,000 petition signatures, a condition required for a response from the Obama administration. Petitioners have one month after filing the petition to gather the 25,000 signatures. The effort started in Louisiana, just after the election, and appears to be picking up speed as people learn of it. On November 11th, Texas was at 14,883 signatures.

Here's the statement of the Texas petition:

Comment

• Rick,

On voter fraud, not surprised. I've come to realise that in every election, BOTH parties try all sorts of 'dirty tricks', to 'rig' the results.

On Texas 'succeeding', perhaps it is an urban myth, or whatever, but I HEARD or read somewhere, that BECAUSE Texas WAS a country, before joining the Union, (unlike all other states) that they only agreed to join the union,with the proviso that they could 'withdraw' from the Union later, if they chose. I don't believe any other states have such a condition, and (technically) thats what started the civil war; a prohibition against states being able to 'succeed'from the union?

Don't really see this going anywhere, but time will tell.

No, don't have land yet, and my 'plan' is somewhat different in structure to yours, although 'self-sufficiency' and prepping for whats coming is at its core, and in common with your plan.

I DO have 2 40 y.o. 'Silverstreak' trailers, (similar to airstreams). My intention is to re-model them, so they attach together, in an 'L' shape; with 1 being a bedroom and living room, and the other being a bathroom and kithen.

And to 'power' them with solar panel system.

I have 1 'tow vehicle', a 2 ton stepvan, and plan on purchasing a second, as well as a small economical vehicle. The second Tow vehicle will be a 'flatbed', so I can load the 'dingy' (small, economical run-about) ON to the 2nd tow vehicle, and use it to pull the second trailer. So, when we 'bug-out', we take our home with us, LOL.

Then planning on buying at least an acre, sans utilities, in Northern AZ., and parking ourselves there for 6 months of the year (summer), and hauling our water using a tank on the flatbed.
              We 'allergic' to snow, so in the winter we'll pack up and move to one of several BLM properties located here in the Southwest; for $180, you can buy a 'long term camping' pass, and dump sewage, potable water and trash is included in the price. Camp anywhere on 50,000+ acres, for 7mos., for $180. Pretty cheap living!
              The county MAY require me to put in a septic system, (on MY property), but beyond that I hope to be 'off the grid'. Financially, won't be 'off the grid', but willminimise it quitwe a bit; just need property tax, (about $100/year), the 'Long Term Camping Pass', ($180/year), food, and fuel (Diesel for tow vehicles, Gas/propane for 'dingy', and propane for 'home' (refrigerator and freeser, and cooking). Anyway, SHOULD minimise our need for $, and reliance on the things of 'civilisation', and give us the ability to 'bug out', in the event of natural disasters, civil strife, etc.
              As a 'Plan "B", I am setting up the back of the step van as a 'camper' and 'bug-out' vehicle, so if we HAVE to leave our home behind, and 'run forour lives', we can do that. Anyway, got to get to work! Looking forward to seeing your new thread, it seems like you have found a 'perfect' property for your purposes, although WE couldn't possibly live in MAINE; its far too cold for us! LOL Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchdivco View Post
                WE couldn't possibly live in MAINE; its far too cold for us! LOL Jim
                Not really, Jim. My wife came here from the Philippines, where the daytime temperature averages about 90F degrees, and she arrived here in the dead of winter. She couldn't believe that any place could get this cold, and I had to run the heat in my house at more than 80F degrees just so she felt somewhat comfortable. By the second winter, though, she had grown acclimated to the cool air and had no problem having the house temperature at 65 to 70F, and enjoys being outside in the snow. A while back she went back to the Philippines for a visit with her family, and she couldn't stand the heat! She ended up staying inside with the fan, and actually came back to Maine earlier than she had planned.

For seven months of the year the outside temperature is truly ideal here - never too hot, and not really cold. The other 5 "cold" months (December through April) are quite bearable. You can always put more clothes on when it's cold, as I've said many times, but you can only take so much off when it gets hot.

Comment

• Our first President, George Washington, would surely roll over in his grave and shed more than a few tears if he could see the state that our nation is in, and know how our Constitution is being shredded by those who have assumed power. Let us not forget George's words of warning:

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves. - George Washington

Over grown military establishments are under any form of government inauspicious to liberty, and are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty. - George Washington

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. - George Washington
                  Last edited by rickoff; 11-13-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Isn’t it interesting the republicans are now all up set and howling about the obvious vote fraud?
                    However when Ron Paul was being cheated out of his votes their silence was deafening. So talk about your poetic justice and karma.
                    But I wonder how many are even aware of the hypocrisy in this?

Comment

• Prison break?

“Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner,” Broadwell told a crowd at the University of Denver alumni symposium on October 26. “And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”

Petraeus mistress reveals real motive behind Benghazi attack (VIDEO) — RT
                      Sincerely,
                      Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                      Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                      RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Russia's Putin signs new treason law - Yahoo! News
                        It broadened the spectrum of actions that can attract treason charges to include giving "financial, material, technical, consultative or other aid" to a government or organization deemed to be seeking to undermine Russian security.
                        Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Rick

VERY familiar with this 'phenominom' from living in the Phoenix, Az area. In the winter, natives are all 'bundled up' and winter visitors are running around in t-shirts and shorts. We joke that after staying here 3 summers, your an 'honorary native', becuse your blood is so thin you can't stand to live anywhaer else!LOL
                          But, we've 'put up' with extreme heat, (115 degree days), long enough. And, wife and I have never really liked extreme cold; hence our 'plan' is to move back and forth, every 6 months; 'Winter' under the Palms, Summer under the Pines", Year round, our average daily high will be 75-85 degrees, with OCCASIONAL 60's or 90's, and average nightly lows will be 40's to 50's, with occasional high 30's. Not bad, and it 'works for us'. And, we like the 'plus' of being able to 'bug-out', and take our home with us; in the event of Forest Fire, civil unrest, or whatever, we can 'bug-in', (or 'hunker down'), OR we can get the H*ll out of Dodge, depending on what seems appropriate at the time.
                          Each of us has to find a plan, that 'works' for us; Yours is right for you, and sounds like an 'IDEAL' place you've found. Ours 'works' for us, and just got to keep moving forward, to make it happen! Look forward to reading about your 'project', and now i have to get out and work on MINE! Jim
                          Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                          Not really, Jim. My wife came here from the Philippines, where the daytime temperature averages about 90F degrees, and she arrived here in the dead of winter. She couldn't believe that any place could get this cold, and I had to run the heat in my house at more than 80F degrees just so she felt somewhat comfortable. By the second winter, though, she had grown acclimated to the cool air and had no problem having the house temperature at 65 to 70F, and enjoys being outside in the snow. A while back she went back to the Philippines for a visit with her family, and she couldn't stand the heat! She ended up staying inside with the fan, and actually came back to Maine earlier than she had planned.

For seven months of the year the outside temperature is truly ideal here - never too hot, and not really cold. The other 5 "cold" months (December through April) are quite bearable. You can always put more clothes on when it's cold, as I've said many times, but you can only take so much off when it gets hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Scientist View Post
                            Isn’t it interesting the republicans are now all up set and howling about the obvious vote fraud?
                            However when Ron Paul was being cheated out of his votes their silence was deafening. So talk about your poetic justice and karma.
                            But I wonder how many are even aware of the hypocrisy in this?
                            In many other states, I don't think that Republicans have a clue as to how corrupt the primaries were, and how the national convention was a disgrace. Here in Maine we were well aware of the shenanigans because Maine elected Ron Paul supporting delegates to far outnumber any Romney delegates. The Party establishment didn't like the results, so first they tried falsifying the outcome in Romney's favor. That didn't work, and there was a very loud outcry of fraud from Ron Paul supporters. So they allowed Ron to win Maine, but then immediately went about petitioning the Party bigwigs to throw out the Ron Paul delegates, claiming that the election of delegates had not been according to rules. That was all bogus, of course, as Ron's delegates had won their seats fairly and squarely, but the bigwigs sided with the Romney camp and Maine party hierarchy, and then chose their own delegates to replace the elected Ron Paul delegates - without even holding a new delegate election! Then at the national convention they didn't even give Ron a chance to speak to the audience, and rammed through a new party rule that made it impossible for Ron to be nominated, whereas he did qualify under the existing rules. The vote for that rule change was counted as a "Yes" when it sure sounded like the "No" voices had it, and someone captured video of the stage teleprompter with a script telling the speaker what to say regardless of the voice vote.

With all that went on in the Republican Party to scuttle Ron Paul and his millions of supporters, it is no wonder that they would not vote for Romney. And like I said in post 3526, Republicans wouldn't be crying now if they had allowed Ron to win all that he actually won. He would have been nominated, and would have beaten Barry hands down. Party leadership, in scuttling Ron's chances, killed Romney's chances at the same moment. I'm sure they will never admit that, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                              “Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner,” Broadwell told a crowd at the University of Denver alumni symposium on October 26. “And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”

Petraeus mistress reveals real motive behind Benghazi attack (VIDEO) — RT

That's quite possibly the case, although there had already been two prior attacks on the consulate in recent months, with one attack blowing a hole through the outer perimeter security wall that was large enough to drive a car through. Barry and Hillie both knew that, surely, and yet denied requests for beefed up security measures. Later, when the seven hour attack on the consulate began, Barry and Hillie watched the saga in real time and didn't send help. In fact, they put out an order to stand down. General Ham of AFRICOM said he wouldn't do that, and ordered rapid response units to fly to Benghazi. Moments later, he was relieved of his command at gunpoint, and the response units were told not to leave.

Question - Why haven't those responsible for failing to protect the embassy (everyone knows who they are) been charged with treason? "Offering the enemies of the United States of America assistance" is a definition of treason outlined in the Constitution. By issuing a stand down order and not allowing our military to defend the embassy in Benghazi, this obviously resulted in assisting the enemy in their assault on the compound, and in the murder of embassy staff. Barry is the one who should have been relieved of his command - not General Ham.

Question - Why was David Petraeus forced to resign over an affair? Was Bill Clinton forced to resign over his affair, and was his job less important than Petraeus' job?
                              Last edited by rickoff; 11-15-2012, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• I believe that the general’s resignation was designed to discredit him and perhaps keep him from testifying before congress. Yet he has apparently agreed to testify anyway.
                                So it will be interesting to see what he has to say, if it turns out that he produces some “embarrassing” information then it will be obvious why we were told about his girl friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X