The American Ruling Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick

Farriers, with an "F", NOT 'harriers', oops, thanks for the correction.
    One thing the little 'dissertation' on the profit margins of being a 'FARRIER' didn't take into account; by being self employed, this person can take ALL the things listed as 'overhead' off as a deduction, in calculating his taxes.
    He didn't mention that, not sure how it would have changed the equation, or the bottom line? Partly, I guess it would depend on a # of 'variables'; filing jointly, singly or as a 'business', spouses income if fileing jointly, etc. Just a thought,...

I know you started this thread by saying "I don't watch much television", BUT,...Actually, both the NBC evening news, and the PBS newshour DID 'explain' that the lower unemployment rate in the latest #'s was a result of people 'dropping out' of the 'workforce', although (as usual) PBS went into more detail.

Niether report had the #'s you site, my recollection is they said around 350,000? And, of coarse NONE detailed the 'ethnic' breakdown, as that would be 'politically incorrect'; PBS did mention it was MORE men than women, 'giving up looking for work'.

An article in the local paper, last Sunday, was on Social Security Disability; it talked about how long it takes to qualify, how most are denied, have to appeal, denied again, THEN have to apply for a formal hearing in front of a SS judge, which takes another year, etc. Anyway, it said many who ARE qualified, WERE continueing to work, despite their disability, because of the long delays in the process. But, when the 'crash' happened, they became unemployedd, and (because of their disability) were unable to gain new employment, and so have applied. Anyway, the article said that Social Security DISABILITY is a seperate 'fund' or aspect of disability, and it will be 'bankrupt in 4 years', due, in part, to the massive increase in applicants, and to be more 'poorly funded' to begin with.

Anyway, just more 'H*LL in a handbasket' stuff! Wish I could be more like you, and NOT watch the news, so much. Definetly a case of 'Ignorance is Bliss', since there is so much thats B*ll****, and that we really CAN'T do anything about!

Its like the old saying "I wish I knew then, what I know now"; Actually, I'd sleep better at night if I didn't know now, what i didn't know then!!

Finishing up work on making my step-van into a 'camper/bug-out' vehicle, cause wife and I are going on 'vacation', over the holidays. Starting next year, I'll be turning my attention back to my 'house', project, in a (hopefully) major way. Hoping I have time to complete it, before the SHTF.Jim

Comment

• Quotable quote of the day

"The focus of this year’s global warming conference, like all the conferences before, is not about the environment. It’s about one thing: spreading the wealth around." - Senator Inhofe
      The 18th annual International Climate Conference has been taking place in Doha, Qatar this past week, and as usual, has gone into overtime negotiations today. The UN is hoping to ram through an agreement that would hold the United States liable for damages to developing nations which are caused by severe weather events. This is based upon a proposed "Loss and Damage Mechanism." I wouldn't be surprised if Barry gives the go ahead for such an agreement, which could potentially cost the US untold billions of dollars. The proposed agreement is being put forth as a reasonable cost for the US to bear, based upon our level of CO2 emissions, which the climate change alarmists insist is a causative factor of climate change, global warming, and extreme weather events. All this is nonsense, as there has been zero warming for the past 16 years according to data produced by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which is the science arm of the Global Warming propagandists themselves.

Lately there has been much propaganda spread through the mainstream media about severe weather events, such as superstorm Sandy, being linked to Climate Change caused by CO2 emissions. It's all hogwash, and just another way to incite fear mongering and public calls that "something must be done." What would be done, of course, would be to impose UN controlled carbon taxes and damage sanctions which would have no effect whatsoever on the climate, but which would be financially devastating to the United States, and result in massive transfers of wealth. The main benefactors of these wealth transfers would be the Ruling Class elite and banksters, as the US would be forced to borrow currency from them in order to pay much of these excessive taxes. The propagandists would have us believe that the industries which account for high CO2 emissions levels would bear the costs of such taxes, but that's hardly the case. That cost would only be passed on to consumers who would pay ever higher prices for fuel, food, products, and utilities., and would plunge us into a never ending Great Depression where nothing would be affordable to the person of average means, scores of businesses both large and small would close, and millions more Americans would be jobless and totally dependent upon unsustainable government welfare.
      Last edited by rickoff; 12-08-2012, 06:09 PM.
      "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchdivco View Post
        One thing the little 'dissertation' on the profit margins of being a 'FARRIER' didn't take into account; by being self employed, this person can take ALL the things listed as 'overhead' off as a deduction, in calculating his taxes. He didn't mention that, not sure how it would have changed the equation, or the bottom line?
        Yes, he could apply those costs as deductions and pay less in taxes than he would without claiming them. You will notice, though, that he didn't even mention taxes as being one of his business costs. Thus his bottom line figure of $15 per hour would only change for the worse after paying those taxes. Between State and Federal income tax, Social Security tax, and Medicare tax, he'd probably be lucky to end up with $10 an hour despite the allowable deductions. No wonder so many people prefer to do nothing and collect welfare.
        "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Originally posted by rickoff View Post
          You will notice, though, that he didn't even mention taxes as being one of his business costs....

Thus his bottom line figure of $15 per hour would only change for the worse after paying those taxes.

No wonder so many people prefer to do nothing and collect welfare.
          Yes exactly, he has to claim and file the total income, then After all of the deductions any and all profit is taxed. The $15hr is the profit, which then has to be taxed. Fortunately, the less you make the smaller your tax bracket is and ultimately the less taxes you have to pay.

Comment

• Now if this Farrier is really smart he will have two sets of books. One that reports all his official annual income and expenses, just like government does.

Then he will also have a comprehensive annual report, this one will list all his income and all other financial resources that somehow never manages to get into the "official report", just like the government does.

Thus this hidden set of books allows him to make a living wage. In the case of the government these hidden reports allow it to claim the need for higher taxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Scientist View Post
              Now if this Farrier is really smart he will have two sets of books. One that reports all his official annual income and expenses, just like government does.

Then he will also have a comprehensive annual report, this one will list all his income and all other financial resources that somehow never manages to get into the "official report", just like the government does.
              lol...Unfortunately no one will audit the government, and beyond that they can stick whatever they want into a "black budget" which cant be investigated as its deemed "national security"

Wish I could do that..."Sorry IRS my income is protected under national security...you cannot investigate me"

There are loopholes though, for example if someone pays you a check, have them make it out in your name then cash it at their bank. It's the same as being paid cash. Dont deposit it in the bank and theres no trace of that income. The IRS would have to audit the person who paid you for them to see you cashed a check from their account.

I own my own small construction business and use my home as my business office so I can deduct all of my living expenses. My income already has me in one of the lowest tax brackets and after all deductions and a small portion being in an unoffical report (same as cash), I pay very little taxes.

Business operation expenses and overhead does add up very quickly, fortunately the government is great at allowing deductions and depreciation of assets which keeps the tax burden low, especially for the lower income, small businesses. I earn just enough to keep all my bills paid and put a little back every month. I certainly would like to have more income than that, which is why I spend my free time pursuing other avenues to bring in additional income. Fortunately I'm in the position to invest in very cheap real estate foreclosures locally that need extensive rehab work which I can do in my free time. Even with the price of the property and materials for the remodel the total cost of the investment is so cheap after only a couple years of being rented all investment costs will be recouped and the price of rent every month will be nearly all profit. Also, the property is owned free and clear, If I want, I can live there for two years claim it as my home residence then sell it and avoid all capital gains tax which allows it to be all profit.

There is so much opportunity in this country, in so Many different avenues, it truly does baffle my mind that so many people have no aspiration to do anything more than accept welfare.
              Last edited by jdodson; 12-09-2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdodson View Post
                There is so much opportunity in this country, in so Many different avenues, it truly does baffle my mind that so many people have no aspiration to do anything more than accept welfare.
                Yes, there really are many avenues of opportunity open and available to those who would work towards self betterment, but I don't think the reason why so many people choose not to is at all baffling. Those who live their life sponging off of welfare, upon the backs of those who pay the taxes which provide that welfare, know that they have a good thing going. When all the eggs in their basket of goodies is counted (free or reduced housing cost, food stamps, free medical care, fuel assistance, free cell phone and minutes, cheap Internet service, free school lunches (and in some cases free breakfasts) for their kids, plus WIC vouchers and additional free food items from the government surplus foods program) why in the world would they want to give up any of that? There's just no incentive for them to do so. If welfare was distributed to people with an understanding that it would be a short time (say two months) temporary assistance, they would be thinking about what they would have to do next and would get off their duff to ensure their ability to be self sustaining. Instead, you would find that the greater majority of people now collecting welfare assistance are second or third generation welfare recipients who grew up thinking that this is normal, and that society somehow owes them these benefits.

As I have said before, on the very day that a person signs up for welfare benefits, they should immediately be assigned to a work brigade. It probably wouldn't be the type of work they would seek if they were actively looking for full time employment, but they would at least be working for what they receive, and then would have an incentive to seek out a more long term, likable, and remunerative job.

Before government instituted the current welfare system, people reached out to help less fortunate folks find a way through hard times that were no fault of their own. Every town had their own means of handling such situations, and there were countless groups of people in all localities who operated relief societies, and who were far better equipped than national government to assess people's needs and provide the right kind and amount of help that was needed. Some relief societies still exist today, but for the most part people are not prone to become involved in them, or start new efforts, because they know that the needy will be taken care of by government using taxes which they already work hard to pay for. Government should entirely get out of welfare and leave it up to the people of the states to handle. Likewise, government should get out of a lot of other things, and leave it to the states to choose what is best for them. Instead, what we find is that any person or group of people that attempts to help make a real and positive difference in the outcome of other people's lives is actually threatened and obstructed by government. Makes a lot of sense, huh?
                Last edited by rickoff; 12-09-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdodson View Post
                  Wish I could do that..."Sorry IRS my income is protected under national security...you cannot investigate me"
                  Well if you sign this petition to re-declare our constitution technically you would then have the right to do just that. Obviously if you were the only signer that wouldn’t get you very far, except maybe thrown in jail. Something about he who has the most guns makes the rules, but if you and a few hundred thousand of your closest friends and neighbors were to sign it that would be a different story. We really need to get everyone that still have a few working brain cells left to sign this document and petition. at Soldier Hugs | Message to the OATH SWORN
                  It is a good first step in taking back control of our country.

Yes the opportunity is there it is just a matter how it is presented.

Comment

• On 'Public' assistance

Rick; I don't think even 'the states' should be 'involved' in Welfare; the same problem of people thinking its being 'dealt with' using our (State) tax dollars, (and so I don't have to do anything) would apply, and the same beurocratic problems would arise.
                    Leave it to Charities; "Feed a starving man today, and you'll have to feed him again, tomorrow.(And his family). TEACH a starving man how to fish, and tomorow he will feed himself,and his family.

Years ago, the local Food stamp offices were set up, with the 'take a #' system, and would only 'serve' the first 50 applicants, each day, (dealing with 'new' applicants). They were also dealing with returning applicants, who had been required to obtain additional documentation, etc.

Anyway, in order to insure they got in, people were camping out overnite. Even tho we're talking Phoenix, Az. it gets damn cold, overnite, in the middle of winter. Finally, one day they noticed a van, which had been parked in the parking lot for a # of days, and was starting to smell; they found a Mother, father, 3 small children inside, dead; and a charcoal cooker they had tried to use to keep warm.Despite numerous complaints regarding this STUPID policy, (of only taking the first 50 applicants/day), it took this tragedy, and the resulting publicity, to cause them to develop a 'NEW' Policy; they would accept ALL applications; the first 50 would get an appoitment THAT day, the rest would get an appt. scheduled for some time in the next 7 days.

Can you IMAGINE a similar story, involving a CHURCH? Government housing projects demolished existing neighborhoods, with thir culture and values, and sense of 'ownership', and replaced them with ghettos; so made the situation worse.
                    Its like the U.S. Forest service policy to put out ALL forest fires, which, when combined with the mis-guided anti-lumber efforts of the 'ecologists', resulted in massive overgrowth of the forests, leading to 'super' forest fires,and infestations.

There are just some things the Gov't ISN'T 'good' at,and only makes the situation worse.'Public' assitance is an obvious one, but not the only one.

And yeah, just as there is no such thing, (realistically) as a 'temporary tax', here is no such thing as a 'temporary' entitlement; once one gets 'used' to the Gov't meeting their needs, its very difficult to 'wean' off the 'public teat',
                    or 'dole'.

And of coarse 'Policitics' gets involved, as these assistance programs become a way to 'buy' votes; if your ON such programs, and one politician vows to maintain these programs,and another vows to cut them, of COARSE your going to vote for the politician that vows to maintain them.

Its a hell of a mess, and a hell of a corner 'we' have painted ourselves into; like the forest, we need a series of 'controlled burns' to clear out the unhealthy undergrowth/overgrowth; unfortunately, (also like our National Forests) these policies have gone on for far too long, and any such fire is going to become a 'super' fire, capable of generating its own weather system, and burning ALL the forest, 'healthy' and 'unhealthy' alike!

Unfortunately, signing petitions, of trying to change the election process, returning to an earlier version of the Constitution, etc. are about as effective as pissing in the ocean, to try to change the salinity; way too little, way too late.

We're on the 'Eve of destruction', and there just doesn't seem to be any way we can change coarse, at least not collectively. All (it seems to me) we can do, is try to prepare for what we can all see coming; get our personal 'houses in order', and await the second coming.Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchdivco View Post
                      Rick; I don't think even 'the states' should be 'involved' in Welfare; the same problem of people thinking its being 'dealt with' using our (State) tax dollars, (and so I don't have to do anything) would apply, and the same bureaucratic problems would arise. Leave it to Charities.
                      Jim, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I fully agree with you, and that's why I said " Government should entirely get out of welfare and leave it up to the people of the states to handle."

In using the word "entirely" I meant to imply that all government institutions, both federal and state, should get out of involvement with "welfare," and leave it up to the people - not to the state governments.

I don't even like the word "welfare" being used to describe the various government programs now in effect. Webster's Dictionary describes welfare as “the state of doing well, especially in respect to good fortune, happiness, well-being, or prosperity.” I would say this definition simply doesn't apply to the people now taking advantage of government welfare programs. If these people were actually doing well and were prosperous then it would be because they were meaningfully employed and had the ability to prosper from their own efforts, not from handouts.

The federal government points to the Constitution as saying it is their duty to provide welfare to the people, but that is hogwash. Here's what the Constitution actually says:
                      “The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;”
                      What is clearly stated is that this applies to the United States as a whole, and not the People as individuals.

The Founding Fathers were not at all vague regarding what was meant by "welfare" in the Constitution, and were angered that usurpers of power within government offices were misinterpreting the meaning of the Constitution to promote ever growing government control. Thomas Jefferson wrote,
                      “[We] disavow and declare to be most false and unfounded, the doctrine that the compact, in authorizing its federal branch to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises to pay the debts and provide for the common defence and general welfare of the United States, has given them thereby a power to do whatever they may think or pretend would promote the general welfare, which construction would make that, of itself, a complete government, without limitation of powers; but that the plain sense and obvious meaning were, that they might levy the taxes necessary to provide for the general welfare by the various acts of power therein specified and delegated to them, and by no others.”
                      James Madison was at least equally irate concerning statist attempts and successes at gaining powers not intended or implied by the Constitution. Madison wrote,
                      “If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress…. Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.”
                      — James Madison, remarks on the House floor, debates on Cod Fishery bill, (February 1792)
                      Last edited by rickoff; 12-10-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Quotable quote of the day

From Thomas Jefferson’s letter to William Giles, of 1825,
                        which is online at Constitution.org, Jefferson writes that he is concerned that the federal government is becoming too powerful:

“I see, as you do, and with the deepest affliction, the rapid strides with which the federal branch of our government is advancing towards the usurpation of all the rights reserved to the states, and the consolidation in itself of all powers, foreign and domestic; and that too, by constructions which, if legitimate, leave no limits to their power,” he wrote. “Take together the decisions of the federal court, the doctrines of the president, and the misconstructions of the constitutional compact acted on by the legislature of the federal branch, and it is but too evident, that the three ruling branches of that department are in combination to strip their colleagues, the state authorities; of the powers reserved by them, and to exercise themselves all functions foreign and domestic.”
                        It sounds as though Jefferson was writing about what concerns us today, rather than what was already happening in 1825. It just goes to show that those who would intentionally misinterpret and shred the Constitution through government power grabs have been at it a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                          It sounds as though Jefferson was writing about what concerns us today, rather than what was already happening in 1825. It just goes to show that those who would intentionally misinterpret and shred the Constitution through government power grabs have been at it a very long time.

which also means that people and the states have both been oppressed for a very long time.

This indicates the citizens are either unwilling or unable to stand up to the current government or abolish it. Can you say welcome to obedient slavery!
                          Obamisim ; “descriptive term” ; = Something so blindingly full of hope and optimism to heal or fix any situation yet only resulting in a most catastrophic cluster f*ck of failure.

Comment

• Fed makes new rate pledge as it launches fresh stimulus - Yahoo! Finance

"The new round of government bond-buying it announced on Wednesday will be funded by essentially creating new money"
                            Down goes the Fiat Currency history has shown we are doomed to repeat.
                            Last edited by jdodson; 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Every now and then I like to feature a story that illustrates how government agencies are overstepping the bounds of their authority to exercise total control over the public under the guise of enforcing regulations. The US Army Corps of Engineers (ACE) has taken it upon themselves to "protect" desert land owned by the Smiths, a retired New Mexico couple, and is citing the Clean Water Act as their authority to impose restrictions on the landowners which severely limit the couple's ability to use, maintain, or even clean up their 20 acre property near Santa Fe. ACE claims that a dry creek bed, or "arroyo," which is on the property, poses a risk to the Rio Grande River, which is some 25 miles away, if the Smiths continue to clean up trash and dead trees dumped in the arroyo by the previous owner, and if ruts in the arroyo are filled and smoothed over. ACE likens such work as "dredging" a water body, which would require costly environmental impact studies and permits. The Smiths rightly see the ACE actions against them as preposterous, and have taken the matter to court. They are being represented by the Pacific Legal Foundation, which earlier this year won a major private property rights battle at the U.S. Supreme Court . The justices ruled that landowners have a right to contest a summary order to stop using their private land because of federal “wetlands.” The Smith land being classified by a government agency as a wetland is totally absurd, as you can see after watching this video of the property. As you will see, this is not about any actual environmental issues, but rather about the government attempting to exercise total control over the public.

Comment

• Being the time of year that it is, I know it is inevitable that some of us folks will be traveling to be with family and relatives over the holidays. Here's hoping that none of you will have to take a flight and be subjected to TSA nude scans and groping. I'll be doing a little traveling myself, but will do it via automobile. If your travel plans just won't work well with an automobile, and you find that you have little choice but to take a flight, here's a hilarious video that will help to make your travels a bit more bearable. I'd suggest that you play it audibly while going through the TSA checkpoint, or better yet playing it over the airport paging system if that's possible without breaking some oppressive Ruling Class law.

Grandma Got Molested At The Airport

While we're looking at the humorous side of TSA, here's a cut from a South Park episode that labels the TSA as the Toilet Safety Administration. The setting is at an International House of Pancakes (IHOP) restaurant, where the TSA agents inspect each person heading to, or returning from, the bathroom. Don't watch this if you are easily offended by crude bathroom humor, but as one viewer commented, "I bet the perverted sickos down at the TSA dream of this actually happening."

And here's some amusing TSA payback: Woman arrested for groping TSA agent at Phoenix airport

Finally, if you do find yourself in the TSA grope line, know that at least you are in good company. Even Miss America gets molested by the TSA.
                                Last edited by rickoff; 12-13-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X