The American Ruling Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer behind wheel in fatal wrong-way crash had DUI in 2013

The off-duty New Jersey police officer who was behind the wheel during a wrong-way crash that killed another officer and a friend last week in New York City had previously had his driver's license suspended for driving under the influence, an official said Tuesday.

Linden Officer Pedro Abad Jr., had his license suspended for seven months starting in October 2013, said Elyse Coffey, spokeswoman for the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission.
    Officer behind wheel in fatal wrong-way crash had DUI in 2013

Had this been any of us we would have never been given a job where we were behind the wheel every day during our shift yet another double standard here for sure

Another thing is there should not be internal sealed records, if this or any person is serving the public and has a position of authority their records should be open to the public at all times under all circumstances, this shi* pi$$es me off how they have all these double standards

His license was restored in March 2014, but he had to use an ignition lock until September 2014. Abad, who was hired as a police officer in 2008, was on the force at the time of the suspension. Linden police Capt. James Sarnicki said any discipline would be an internal personnel matter and would not be made public.
    Last edited by 5150; 03-25-2015, 02:13 AM.
    Obamisim ; “descriptive term” ; = Something so blindingly full of hope and optimism to heal or fix any situation yet only resulting in a most catastrophic cluster f*ck of failure.

Comment

• Two momentous developments.......

Today there were two long overdue announcements that are worth mentioning.

1. Dirty Harry Reid says he is retiring from the US Senate, and claims that it has nothing to do with either his January injury or the fact that he lost his position as Senate majority leader. I'm sure he realizes, though, that his chances of winning reelection in 2016 are very slim. Dirty Harry made a career out of being a Senator, racking up 30 years. He's the poster child for the reason we should have one-term term limits for everyone in Congress. If no one in Congress had to think about campaigning for reelection and building a campaign war chest, things would be so much better.

2. Today a bill was introduced that would repeal the Patriot Act. Here's what was said by the two men who introduced the bill:

WASHINGTON, DC Today, Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY) and Mark Pocan (D-WI) introduced the Surveillance State Repeal Act (H.R. 1466). The legislation would repeal federal mass surveillance laws.
      “The Patriot Act contains many provisions that violate the Fourth Amendment and have led to a dramatic expansion of our domestic surveillance state,” said Congressman Massie. "Our Founding Fathers fought and died to stop the kind of warrantless spying and searches that the Patriot Act and the FISA Amendments Act authorize. It is long past time to repeal the Patriot Act and reassert the constitutional rights of all Americans. I am proud to co-sponsor Congressman Pocan’s bill and look forward to working with him on this issue.”

“The warrantless collection of millions of personal communications from innocent Americans is a direct violation of our constitutional right to privacy,” said Congressman Pocan. “Revelations about the NSA’s programs reveal the extraordinary extent to which the program has invaded Americans’ privacy. I reject the notion that we must sacrifice liberty for security- we can live in a secure nation which also upholds a strong commitment to civil liberties. This legislation ends the NSA’s dragnet surveillance practices, while putting provisions in place to protect the privacy of American citizens through real and lasting change.”
      "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Harry Reid,,, pinata

A friend of mine was in Las Vegas a week or two ago. He talked to a number of people there about Reid’s accident, and didn’t find anyone who believed the elastic exercise band story. The common assumption was that the incident resulted, in some fashion, from Reid’s relationship with organized crime. The principal rumor my friend heard was that Reid had promised to obtain some benefit for a group of mobsters. He met with them on New Year’s Day, and broke the bad news that he hadn’t been able to deliver what he promised. When the mobsters complained, Reid (according to the rumor) made a comment that they considered disrespectful, and one of them beat him up.
        Rush Limbaugh Has A Theory About Harry Reid?s ?Exercise? Accident - Chicks on the Right

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny B View Post
          Unfortunately, the story doesn't end there.
          GOV demands that banks hold high-quality collateral. GOV deems that GOV bonds are the highest quality collateral. Banks loaded up on GOV bonds.
          Martin Armstrong adamantly sticks by his long-standing prediction of a collapse of sovereign debt in October of 2015. THEN WHAT?
          GOV defaults on the bonds held by banks. THEN WHAT?
          The banks simply demand physical assets be turned over to reimburse them for their loses.
          FED GOV demanded that HUGE tracts of land be turned over by the various States to gain admission to the union. Most of this land is in the West.
          http://assets3.bigthink.com/system/t...jpg?1422311293

Staircase-Escalante, with it's huge natural resources was made a national monument to be preserved in perpetuity (for the bankers).
          Then, there is the highway system, the national parks, harbors, waterways, gas and oil, minerals, etc.
          As I wrote earlier, it takes corrupt leaders to take on unpayable debt. At default, this unpayable debt is converted to tangible assets.
          Neither of these rules have been adopted.
          Each State, in ratifying the Constitution,
          is considered as a sovereign body,
          independent of all others,
          and only to be bound by its own voluntary act.
          In this relation, then, the new Constitution will,
          if established, be a federal, and not a national constitution.

The Federalist #39

is-secession-legal

Al

Comment

• SCOTUS says that the FEDs own the land; Federal lands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            I imagine that this ruling would be sufficient for the FEDs to use troops against the States. Utah wants to boot out the FEDs legally. I suspect that the case would be heard in federal court.
            Utah to seize own land from government, challenge federal dominance of Western states - Washington Times

Comment

• Nelson Hultberg Paul Rosenberg

I found an excellent analysis of the basis of law and the use of force. The comments are especially good. I made one short comment. As long as crime pays, the non-criminals have to organize.
              The Daily Bell - Compromising Good with Evil

History is written by the victors to justify / support the dominant culture. Paul Rosenberg has written an excellent article about his book where he tries to bring some honesty to history.
              The Daily Bell - Introducing Paul Rosenberg: 'Production Versus Plunder'

Both Paul and Nelson have done a lot of research to dig out facts and logic and history to shine a light on the lies

Comment

• Ready for a Ride?

These fellas all belong on the bus. Have you wondered why Dirty Harry Reid suddenly "retired?" Here's the answer.
                Last edited by rickoff; 04-04-2015, 05:22 PM.
                "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

• Beautiful Day

Sheep Hearding

Al

Comment

• California has historically relied upon the spring snow melt in it's mountain range to replenish water supplies, but this year the expected yield is at only 6 percent of the usual average. This of course means that a severe drought is forecast, and that water usage by communities, businesses, and individuals must be correspondingly limited. Governor Jerry Brown has announced an executive order that will impose a fine of $500 a day on individuals for "excessive" water usage, which he says means no watering of lawns will be allowed. Jerry says that the fine could also be imposed upon anyone who is deemed to be spending too much time in the shower. I wonder how communities will determine that? Will folks be expected to rat out their neighbors if they hear water running in the neighbor's shower? Will the rat finks get a reward for such info? Or have the utilities installed "smart" water meters that would alert authorities to water being hogged or wasted in taking long showers, or in stealth use such as watering lawns or washing cars after midnight when no one is likely to notice? Whatever the case may be, things are likely to devolve into chaos as the summer months approach and things really begin to heat up. It reminds me of the song lyrics, "Hot time, summer in the city, back of my neck's gettin' dirty and gritty..." I wonder...... which California city will be the first to explode in violence, looting, and burnings that will make Ferguson look like a walk in the park? About the only thing that could avert such disaster would be record rainfall amounts in the coming weeks, but that's probably a longshot bet at best. It is estimated that 11 trillion gallons of water is currently needed to replenish California's dwindling reserve, and obviously that is a colossal amount. Jerry Brown is suggesting that much of California should think seriously about reverting to its natural desert landscape.

Comment

• California

California has 17 desalination plants in the works, either partially constructed or through exploration and planning phases.[148]
                      The list of locations includes Bay Point, in the Delta, Redwood City, seven in the Santa Cruz / Monterey Bay, Cambria, Oceaneo,
                      Redondo Beach, Huntington Beach, Dana Point, Camp Pendleton, Oceanside and Carlsbad.

Desalination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will ask Americans to think of climate change
                      as a threat not just to the environment, but also to their health.
                      katman13
                      Dude: The CO2 levels in the atmosphere are the highest in recorded history dude and
                      they are going up faster than ever seen before dude. CO2 makes water acidic. Acidic water melts calcium.
                      Your bones and shells of shell fish are made of calcium dude. An acidic ocean will kill the plankton.
                      Then the fish will have nothing to eat. The oceans will become big cesspools.

Obama presents climate change as hazard to your health - The Washington Post

Al

Comment

• Quotable quote of the day....

These days there isn't much justice to be found in the state courts, and not much more is found in most federal courts either. An exception, though, can be found in the words of federal Judge Andrew S Hanen's decision last night, upholding his previous ban and halt on Barry's executive order granting an unconstitutional amnesty to millions of illegal aliens, a.k.a. "undocumented immigrants." Here's what Judge Hanen said:

"The administration’s assertions in the immigration case have been misleading, troublesome, and belied by the facts. Any number of federal judges, given this misconduct, would consider striking the government’s pleadings.”

In other words, what Hanen is actually saying is that the Obummer administration and its lawyers are damned liars. Barry's lawyers are now appealing to the 5th Circuit Court, hoping that Hanen's injunction will be lifted in a hearing scheduled for April 17th. Despite whatever the outcome of that hearing may turn out to be, however, Barry and his administration are going ahead with plans to fly in illegal aliens from South American countries who claim to be relatives of the 26,000 children who recently crashed the gates and remain in cities across the US. Anyone claiming to be a parent, spouse, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandmother, grandfather, cousin, or even a non-relative claiming to be a principal benefactor to the "child," will qualify. Get the picture? This means that for each child who gained illegal entry there will potentially be dozens of additional illegals flown into the US, at taxpayer expense, to be "repatriated" with that child, and given numerous freebie entitlements.

Only in America.

Comment

• Today there was a committee meeting held at the State House in Augusta to consider a proposed legislative bill that would make Maine a "Constitutional Carry" state, allowing handgun owners to carry concealed weapons without having to obtain a concealed carry permit. Maine allows open carry of any guns, but the proposed law would bring Maine a bit closer to alignment with its Constitution, which states that the right of Maine People to bear arms shall "never be questioned." I was at the meeting to hear the arguments and support the demand that the committee should vote to pass the bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                            Today there was a committee meeting held at the State House in Augusta to consider a proposed legislative bill that would make Maine a "Constitutional Carry" state, allowing handgun owners to carry concealed weapons without having to obtain a concealed carry permit.
                            Walter L. Scott Jr. Shooting

Al

Comment

• Regarding my post yesterday concerning a public hearing at the Maine State House yesterday to hear proponents and opponents of a proposed legislative bill that would make Maine a Constitutional Carry state, I found that I was running out of battery power on my laptop and had to submit the post before it was finished. What I really wanted to add is that, to my thinking, any proposed legislation that presumes to give gun owners new rights, or take certain rights away, is unconstitutional and unnecessary. The proposed bill, titled LD562, would change Maine Statutes in that handgun owners who are eligible to open carry would be allowed to conceal carry without obtaining a conceal carry permit.

The point is that if the legislature had the power to grant a right, they would also have the power to take it away. The Maine Constitution is very clear when it comes to gun rights of the People of Maine, and says, "Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms for the common defence; and this right shall never be questioned." - Article I, Section 16, 1820 Maine Constitution. In more recent times, the wording of Section 16 was clarified to remove the reference to "common defense," and now reads, " Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned." The new wording further strengthens one's gun rights by implying that Maine People have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms for whatever purpose they deem necessary or desirable, and that this right is therefore not limited by anything other than common sense usage and not violating the constitutional or unalienable rights of others. Thus, while I support any effort to move the legislature in the right direction, I see LD562 as being far less than what is needed. To my thinking, all current laws that restrict, deny, or delay certain gun rights, are unconstitutional and therefore void from the moment they were enacted. What is really needed are not new gun statutes, but rather the elimination of all unconstitutional statutes that are now on the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                                Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned." The new wording further strengthens one's gun rights by implying that Maine People have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms for whatever purpose they deem necessary or desirable, and that this right is therefore not limited by anything other than common sense usage and not violating the constitutional or unalienable rights of others.
                                What about Convicted Felons, do they have a right to carry a weapon without being "questioned"??? See the double standard?

Criminals have forfeited their "rights" (Not willingly that is) when they broke the law so most people just chalk t up to doing the right thing, but what many so called do- gooders fail to understand is that with so many new laws and statures that they are designed to help restrict gun ownership until one day only a few people will have guns or ammo.

another aspect is when you criminalize gun ownership for some but not others and create an unlevel playing field criminals often times have nothing to lose so they will continue to break laws and have or purchase guns on the black market. therefore the laws that are supposed to help foster more safety and control actually do just the opposite and create far greater dangers, criminal activities, and fears.

Originally posted by rickoff View Post
                                What is really needed are not new gun statutes, but rather the elimination of all unconstitutional statutes that are now on the books.
                                I totally agree with you here but think this common sense approach should extend farther than just gun statutes to a wide variety of statues all across the entire country.

Maybe if the legislators spent more time eliminating more statues (Laws) than creating so many new ones their popularity would increase but I guess you really can't fix stupid can you.
                                Obamisim ; “descriptive term” ; = Something so blindingly full of hope and optimism to heal or fix any situation yet only resulting in a most catastrophic cluster f*ck of failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X