X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kacher circuit

Hi Vidbid,

@Anybody

Can you tell me if you have replicated the following Brovin Kacher Tesla Circuit to see what waveform it is outputing?
    I did a replication with measurements, see my YT channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/itsusable?feature=guide

First video was titled: 20111211213444.mpg

Regards Itsu

Comment

• Hi,

Did anyone ask if we could do this with two identical MOTs ?

Thanks, Penno

p.s. if we could, how do we get away with the one wire only connection ?

Comment

• Over a year before.... Air feedback exciter - YouTube

on the other side this field around device : what is that ? RF ?
        Feedback via electromagnetic waves like in Vladimir Utkin document ?

Start of boring part I

mr.clean mentioned Don Smith formula for output power of device.
        There is obviously something missing there and I'm starting to get what is missing. I don't know why any RF expert don't want to help us, maybe there isn't any here ?
        Obviously Don's formula is taken from simple mind experiment I've done long time ago:
        The AC device powered by 230V/50Hz is really powered by 100 spikes of current in second (50 of positive and 50 of negative). Think about incandescent bulb or resistive heater.
        So let's see what we can do with PURE resistive electric water kettle rated at 2000W.
        I assumed that it will boil 1.5L of water in 3 minutes (or 180 seconds)

What we need now is the energy used in 1 second (I don't like the term "used" but it's another story).
        It is 2000J per second.
        (Because we have steady frequency we can compute energy simply multiplying 2000W by 180 seconds (due to definition of power as a rate of dissipation of energy in time) P= E/t => E=360kJ but per second we divide again by time and got back 2000J. Interesting,huh?!)

No we need to compute energy of single "current spike", dividing by 100.
        E(spike)=20J.

Quite impressive energy but it's at low frequency 50Hz. What if frequency will be higher ? Of course energy per spike could be much lower but we must not break to magic frequency range because our resistive heater in kettle would not react to much higher frequency.

Btw .Question to experts : why is that and what is the magic range ?

We can simulate the same using disruptive discharge of capacitor.
        Let choose frequency 800Hz (seems in good range?).
        We know we have to end up with energy of 2000J per second. Assume we have good equipment and can charge this capacitor easily. What capacitance we need ?
        800Hz = 800 spikes per second (now we assume only positive because we suspect we need electrolytic capacitor due to larger capacitance at 230V)
        2000J/800=2,5J per "current spike"
        E=0.5*C*V^2 => C=E/0.5*V^2 we have got 0.945 uF capacitor or roughly 1uF.
        1Uf 400V capacitor is so small that I'm not sure if I computed it correctly ???
        Can someone confirm ?
        All above is based on assumption that we could charge capacitor and discharge disruptively into resistive load and got the same effect as in AC power. Formula is : P = 0.5*C*V^2*f where f is frequency or rate of discharge of capacitor.
        As you see there is no magic f^2 in formula like in Dom Smith equation but we cope only with pure resistive load, we have not analysed Don Smith COILS SYSTEM.... WOW! Do you see the light ?

End of part I

Comment

• Capindres JT

Hi Vidbid thanks for sharing. How much consumption is taking that JT cause if it's lighting those leds for a whole year is something but if it's lighting those leds for one min only it's another thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
            Over a year before.... Air feedback exciter - YouTube

Start of boring part I

There is obviously something missing there and I'm starting to get what is missing. I don't know why any RF expert don't want to help us, maybe there isn't any here ?
            Obviously Don's formula is taken from simple mind experiment I've done long time ago:
            The AC device powered by 230V/50Hz is really powered by 100 spikes of current in second (50 of positive and 50 of negative). Think about incandescent bulb or resistive heater.
            So let's see what we can do with PURE resistive electric water kettle rated at 2000W.

What we need now is the energy used in 1 second (I don't like the term "used" but it's another story).
            It is 2000J per second.
            (Because we have steady frequency we can compute energy simply multiplying 2000W by 180 seconds (due to definition of power as a rate of dissipation of energy in time) P= E/t => E=360kJ but per second we divide again by time and got back 2000J. Interesting,huh?!)

E(spike)=20J.

Quite impressive energy but it's at low frequency 50Hz. What if frequency will be higher ? Of course energy per spike could be much lower but we must not break to magic frequency range because our resistive heater in kettle would not react to much higher frequency.

We know we have to end up with energy of 2000J per second. Assume we have good equipment and can charge this capacitor easily. What capacitance we need ?
            800Hz = 800 spikes per second (now we assume only positive because we suspect we need electrolytic capacitor due to larger capacitance at 230V)
            Can someone confirm ?
            All above is based on assumption that we could charge capacitor and discharge disruptively into resistive load and got the same effect as in AC power. Formula is : P = 0.5*C*V^2*f where f is frequency or rate of discharge of capacitor.
            As you see there is no magic f^2 in formula like in Dom Smith equation but we cope only with pure resistive load, we have not analysed Don Smith COILS SYSTEM.... WOW! Do you see the light ?

End of part I
            I'm not sure where Don Smith came up with the frequency squared part of the formula either.

A cap stores energy, rather than power. Energy is power*time.

The stored energy in a capacitor is 0.5*C*V^2
            Energy Stored on a Capacitor
            C in Farads, V in voltage across the capacitor, energy in Joules.

One Joule is 1 watt supplied for one second.*

The power P in watts is equal to the energy E in joules, divided by the time period t in seconds:

P = E / t
            t = 1/Freq
            thus:
            watts = joules / seconds

E = C * .5 * V^2
            C = E / .5 * V^2

E = 2000 joules, not 2.5
            C = 2000/.5*V^2
            C = 0.075614366729679 farad

Edited: just realized you were needing 2000 watts not joules
            P = E / T
            E = P * T
            T = 1 / F
            1/800 = 0.00125 seconds
            2000 watts * .00125 seconds = 2.5 joules
            C = 2.5/.5*230V^2
            C = 0.000094517958412, or 94.5uF
            Last edited by RAD-HHO; 05-04-2012, 02:38 PM. Reason: Corrected figures
            Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
              Over a year before.... Air feedback exciter - YouTube

Start of boring part I

It is 2000J per second.

E(spike)=20J.

Can someone confirm ?

End of part I
              This is RF. Think of a comercial radio transmiter and radio recievers we have in our house, the more people turn on their radio's there is no change in the power used by the transmitter, power amplification comes through the RF link and not a cable link, a cable link uses power, it is that simple.

Remember what I have just said "power amplification comes through the RF link". There are three people on this forum who are RF apt: myself, Eric and Dr. Stiffler that I know of.

10watts in England can produce 20watts in Australia "why is that?" you need high sun spot activity to do that and also the right frequency range "what is that telling you". This is an area which main stream really does not investigate and a good example is that all the advancements in radio HAVE COME FROM RADIO HAMS, none professionals!!!!!! so keep up the good work you are doing here and maybe we can show the main stream a thing or two.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by serge View Post
                Again, do not be like those who mislead people. This is not a success, a failure.
                I wish you every success Dynatron.
                I think you said that because you jelous, Dynatron and Distain are real researchers with huge success! They have anough to share with clever people!
                God bless them!
                Last edited by Ganzha; 05-04-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Good Kather Schematics from MAG's

here is very good schematics for Katcher with Tesla coils
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
                    There are three people on this forum who are RF apt: myself, Eric and Dr. Stiffler that I know of.

10watts in England can produce 20watts in Australia
                    Hi Michael,
                    Have you a workable device that does it?
                    Can you post a schematic of a passive RX that could get 20 watt or more on a resistive load?
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

• Dynatron

Originally posted by Ganzha View Post
                      I have video of his succesfull replication and a video with explanation of dynatraons theory of Zero point Energy, he is not just inventor - he is scientist now!
                      look! Концепция СЕ , от Динатрона и К. - YouTube

Whether inventor or scientist, we need an English translation of what he is saying.
                      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
                        This is RF. Think of a comercial radio transmiter and radio recievers we have in our house, the more people turn on their radio's there is no change in the power used by the transmitter, power amplification comes through the RF link and not a cable link, a cable link uses power, it is that simple.

Remember what I have just said "power amplification comes through the RF link". There are three people on this forum who are RF apt: myself, Eric and Dr. Stiffler that I know of.

10watts in England can produce 20watts in Australia "why is that?" you need high sun spot activity to do that and also the right frequency range "what is that telling you". This is an area which main stream really does not investigate and a good example is that all the advancements in radio HAVE COME FROM RADIO HAMS, none professionals!!!!!! so keep up the good work you are doing here and maybe we can show the main stream a thing or two.

Mike
                        Mike, I always felt what you posted above is correct and valid. But then I am one of those H-A-M's A little rusty on my radio theory but I've been through it all in the past. I guess it's why Don's stand up multi-coil setup always made sense to me if it was in resonance and wound correctly. It seems Smokey (David Dawson) who says he's not a HAM but has all the theory down to be one has come up with some points that others may have missed that I think are relevant to getting that setup of Don's working. It's in a previous post I made here. What do you think about that (also his posts are in the Crystal Radio thread here)?
                        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• moray ferrite and copper silver lead

@ kdkinen

moray used leadplate Pb++
                          silver plate Ag++
                          and a wire Cu++(those were not days of Alluminium Al++)
                          dissimilar metals

experimenters use ferrite counter part of Fe++
                          copper Cu++
                          wire Cu++

two similar one different

if u look at closely all are ++

why?

this is the catch. think why.

zzzz

Comment

• hrvstn

@kdkinen

zzzz
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                              Mike, I always felt what you posted above is correct and valid. But then I am one of those H-A-M's A little rusty on my radio theory but I've been through it all in the past. I guess it's why Don's stand up multi-coil setup always made sense to me if it was in resonance and wound correctly. It seems Smokey (David Dawson) who says he's not a HAM but has all the theory down to be one has come up with some points that others may have missed that I think are relevant to getting that setup of Don's working. It's in a previous post I made here. What do you think about that (also his posts are in the Crystal Radio thread here)?
                              Hi from G6GVA & G4GVA and my current Spanish call sign I do not publish on the net.

I have not read your last post as I went back a few pages and could not find it, when I have more time I will look farther back in the thread.

On coil winding and antennas, it is an art as well as a science. Most of what I have seen here has a problem of driving those coils in a balanced or unbalanced form, which ever the case may be.

I have not the time at the moment to go deeper into this, I have just poped in here as a refresher for my brain "change of thoughts" before going back to what I am doing.

I will just say one thing and that is resonance is very important and modulation also, and that modulation should be a harmonic of the carrier, that last part I think is the key, I have seen it time and time again in other work of mine and here is no different, most of the circuits here have more than one frequency flowing through them. Look up modulating using transformers etc and I am sure you will get the idea. Just trying to help, don't have time to get involved at this time.

Mike

Comment

• Brovin Kacher Tesla Circuit Output : Load Waveform

Originally posted by Itsu View Post
                                Hi Vidbid,

I did a replication with measurements, see my YT channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/itsusable?feature=guide

First video was titled: 20111211213444.mpg

Regards Itsu
                                Greetings Itsu

Thanks for offering that information.

Unfortunately, that channel is no longer available.
                                Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Working...
                                X