Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Learning ...

Originally posted by David Fine View Post
    Right, until we have these babies running no need to get side tracked on the gap material!! There are so many options available for almost everything.
    Clean and David ,

With due respect, posts like mine,just ignore em or skip em.Continue to do the excellent work you are doing.In the meantime I am here to learn and share.

IMHO this is just a piece of the puzzle,to me there is no sidetracking unless you want to be.Your choice.My poison.

Again,I have reasons to believe S.G. design might be a factor albeit a small one.Gray uses 3 in one schematic.2 at right angles. Have many more thoughts, but have no time to discourse.

Best regards,

and anyone who has a good answer,i would appreciate your input.

Ged

Comment

• Thanks

Originally posted by OrionLightShip View Post
      I posted it simply because it was unique and I can see in certain situations it might become useful.

In closed, radiant systems like dragon, woopy, and others; the captret or single ended AV plug with a probe works fine.

If anyone finds themselves using lower frequencies or electrostatic means where they wish to move electrons back and forth to earth ground while charging caps at the same time, then this open architecture will better suit that need.

Any place you have an earth ground, think about what it happening there. Caps can sink and source electrons while charging simultaneously if connected properly.

I have seen a few videos where connection to a metal mass causes the light bulb to become brighter. It is simply because capacity is added the circuit changing the resonance. Perhaps using this with an earth ground would add the same capacity while also charging? Free energy as they say?

again, it was unique and I found it interesting like the rest of the Correa devices so I posted it here.

Edit: Sometimes a genius, sometimes an idiot, but always dick-ish..........you decide.

Orion
      Thanks Man!

Comment

• No Disrespect Intended

Hi Ged,

No disrespect intended toward you at all. You are a team player; have a great mind; and have always tried to help everyone. Keep sharing your thoughts with us too. When we get the bugs worked out we'll fine tune this machine with all the best methodology we can afford. Many I think will be happy with the common cheaper version.

Best Regards,
        David Fine

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
        Clean and David ,

With due respect, posts like mine,just ignore em or skip em.Continue to do the excellent work you are doing.In the meantime I am here to learn and share.

IMHO this is just a piece of the puzzle,to me there is no sidetracking unless you want to be.Your choice.My poison.

Again,I have reasons to believe S.G. design might be a factor albeit a small one.Gray uses 3 in one schematic.2 at right angles. Have many more thoughts, but have no time to discourse.

Best regards,

Ged

Comment

• As we have discussed, measuring output-power can be tricky from a device such as this, and a simple water calorimeter was suggested by Chet and me.

To follow up on this idea, I've done a short vid this morning -- which shows a very simple water calorimeter and how I tested that it can quite useful and reliable:
          WaterCalorimeterDemo - YouTube

One needs to be able to operate the device with the output power going into a simple resistance, and I think some of you have reached this point!

The text:
          Today I set up a simple water calorimeter, to measure output energy and power with decent accuracy. I have other calorimeters, but this is to show how straightforward it is, and to allow the experimenter to get a handle on output power -- which can often be tricky with output that is far from DC or sinusoidal AC; for example, from a blocking oscillator or Don Smith-type device.

Water is weighed in grams with a scale that cost about $10 and placed in a styrofoam cup. Or you could use a graduated cylinder, 1ml = 1gram for water. Temperature change (delta-T) is measured in Centigrade using a TK thermometer, that cost about $10 also. For this check, I used a power supply to give me 14 V and measure the current; I could have used a battery at 12 V (for example) and an ammeter.

The power is dumped into an "immersion heater" (about $7) which is simply a resistive coil; this is stirred in the water to heat the volume of water. At room temp, the resistance was 53 ohms. Time is measured with a stop-watch on my wrist. Easy.

Result:
          Power-input = 14V @ 0.264A = 3.7 Watts input.
          Energy output = Qheating = 4.19 J/g-degC (H2Omass) (delta-TempC) =
          4.19 x 316g x 0.9C = 1192J
          This heating required 5min19s = 319 seconds, so the output power measured in the calorimeter is:
          Poutput = Eoutput/Time = 1192J/319sec = 3.7Watts -- which agrees very well with the input power.

Thus, we have tested the simple water calorimeter and shown that it WORKS! It is a valuable tool for measuring output energy and power.

In another test, I ran at 12V @226mA = 2.7W and the water heated from 21.2 to 21.6 Degrees-C in 210S. So
          Eout = 4.19 (316g) 0.4C = 531J, and the power-out is
          Pout = 531J/210s = 2.5W, compared to the known 2.7W in.
          To get decent accuracy, one needs to run for a long enough time to heat the water by nearly 1deg-C or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhysicsProf View Post
            As we have discussed, measuring output-power can be tricky from a device such as this, and a simple water calorimeter was suggested by Chet and me.

To follow up on this idea, I've done a short vid this morning -- which shows a very simple water calorimeter and how I tested that it can quite useful and reliable:
            WaterCalorimeterDemo - YouTube

One needs to be able to operate the device with the output power going into a simple resistance, and I think some of you have reached this point!

The text:
            Today I set up a simple water calorimeter, to measure output energy and power with decent accuracy. I have other calorimeters, but this is to show how straightforward it is, and to allow the experimenter to get a handle on output power -- which can often be tricky with output that is far from DC or sinusoidal AC; for example, from a blocking oscillator or Don Smith-type device.

Water is weighed in grams with a scale that cost about $10 and placed in a styrofoam cup. Or you could use a graduated cylinder, 1ml = 1gram for water. Temperature change (delta-T) is measured in Centigrade using a TK thermometer, that cost about $10 also. For this check, I used a power supply to give me 14 V and measure the current; I could have used a battery at 12 V (for example) and an ammeter.

The power is dumped into an "immersion heater" (about $7) which is simply a resistive coil; this is stirred in the water to heat the volume of water. At room temp, the resistance was 53 ohms. Time is measured with a stop-watch on my wrist. Easy.

Result:
            Power-input = 14V @ 0.264A = 3.7 Watts input.
            Energy output = Qheating = 4.19 J/g-degC (H2Omass) (delta-TempC) =
            4.19 x 316g x 0.9C = 1192J
            This heating required 5min19s = 319 seconds, so the output power measured in the calorimeter is:
            Poutput = Eoutput/Time = 1192J/319sec = 3.7Watts -- which agrees very well with the input power.

Thus, we have tested the simple water calorimeter and shown that it WORKS! It is a valuable tool for measuring output energy and power.

In another test, I ran at 12V @226mA = 2.7W and the water heated from 21.2 to 21.6 Degrees-C in 210S. So
            Eout = 4.19 (316g) 0.4C = 531J, and the power-out is
            Pout = 531J/210s = 2.5W, compared to the known 2.7W in.
            To get decent accuracy, one needs to run for a long enough time to heat the water by nearly 1deg-C or so.
            Great info. This is what I was talking about. Seems like an effective method to measure output from different devices.

Comment

• Ou?

Hi all,

posting todays setup, seem to charge my capbank FAAAST

Any comments or ideas how to go on?

Measuring stored charge in caps it is ou.

I have an idea to insert plausson caps, but have not tested that yet.

Anyway please comment and ask questions, my inbox is full right now so do it in thread.

Thanks D
              Attached Files
              "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Spark Gap

Hi All

I tried today Spark Gap with Carbon electrodes which I salvaged from old batteries.

What a difference in operation from my previous metal spark gap .
                Now it works very stable and it not overheats like before.
                And the sound of spark is much quieter than before.
                The car bulb connected to my step down toroid trasformer now shines very stable with no blinking.

Here are two pictures:

JoeFR

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                  Clean and David ,

Best regards,

Ged
                  The spark is definitely a key event in the process, and all info is good, thanks Ged
                  In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                  In the expert's mind there are few.
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Very Happy

Very happy to hear this!!! Thanks too for sharing the circuit!!!

Originally posted by daemonbart View Post
                    Hi all,

Anyway please comment and ask questions, my inbox is full right now so do it in thread.

Thanks D

Comment

• @PhysicsProf

water bath calorimeter

Comment

• Originally posted by daemonbart View Post
                        Hi all,

Thanks D
                        Hi Daemonbart!

your posted image does not open. so cant comment anything. if it was viewable then could have suggested more. anyways time to rejoice!

cap ou.

Full Regards!

XILO
                        Last edited by xilo; 06-28-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joefr View Post
                          Hi All

I tried today Spark Gap with Carbon electrodes which I salvaged from old batteries.

The car bulb connected to my step down toroid trasformer now shines very stable with no blinking.

Here are two pictures:

JoeFR

Hi JoeFR!

cool idea ! carbon electrodes!

you can even heat water by placing them in plastic bucket filled with water.

Full Regards!

XILO

Comment

• Hi folks.
                            Good to see so much progress goin on here from different members !
                            @JoeFR
                            I just loved this news from you. Somehow I have always thought about carbon based spark gaps as more of a priority.
                            I mean, Just a look at E.V. Gray`s conversion tube element, he has there a carbon "resistor" of a kind.
                            And now your experiments evaluate that info.Thanks for sharing the goods !

@daemonbart
                            Nice to learn you are doing progress too !
                            Now, from my limited view-point, my suggestion for you is to pulse-discharge that cap charge to the primary of an isolation transformer.
                            Either by a spark gap or through a HV high power semiconductor device.
                            In this stage you need proof of the best conversion method so as to not lose
                            bits of precious stored energy at the cap-bank.
                            This will reveal to you by experimenting to determine which is the best conversion method in your case.
                            Happy progress in collecting the availabe juice to you.
                            << BP Ultimate + Shell-V Power + Allies (opec) = the Ultimate Power Aligators to Suck People`s Blood !-! >>

Comment

• Originally posted by joefr View Post
                              Hi All

Here are two pictures:

JoeFR
                              Hi JoeFR!

cool idea!

XILO

Comment

• Daemonbart Images

Xilo,
                                Daemonbart's image still opens for me. It's a png file. Maybe you don't have the software to open a png file.

Daemonbart Circuit - Original Post:

Originally posted by xilo View Post
                                Hi Daemonbart!

your posted image does not open. so cant comment anything. if it was viewable then could have suggested more. anyways time to rejoice!

cap ou.

Full Regards!

XILO

Comment

Working...
                                X