X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harishsingh View Post
    Hi Graham,

Sorry, I couldnt be much help here.
    Based on the schematic and the very few leads at the tube,it looks like a 3 pin metal base. I speculate the tubes he was showing towards the end of the video with bakelite base wouldnt work. I hope someone here who can speak Russian would translate this.

I'm going to salvage parts from a radio and look for a smoked glass tube with a good plate voltage and try it before I can say one way or the other.

If you know what that third coil (blue) with an open lead is, please let me know.

Hope this will help you with selecting a tube.

ExtraOrdinary Technology | Vol 1 No 2 | Basics of Tesla Engineering Principles

cheers,
    HS
    Hi All thanks for sharing.
    here is a good site for information on electron tubes
    electron Tube Data sheets - CV specifications

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by African View Post
      Hi All thanks for sharing.
      here is a good site for information on electron tubes
      electron Tube Data sheets - CV specifications

Regards
      I wonder if those ever had a CV equivalent.
      2A3 likely became more widely used.

Comment

• CAP Bank to StepDown Transformer

Hi All

I like to make progress with my current setup. I solved the problems with my spark gap for now.

I have another question? How to determine the value of Storage Cap Bank which is then pulsed via spark gap to StepDown transformer to power the load?

What is better in this case: 2uF 8000Volts Cap Bank or 20uF 1000V Cap bank.
        Low capacitance and high voltage or large capacitance and low voltage?

This Cap Bank:

I like to buy some motor run capacitor in aluminium case and put them in series to get the desired voltage.
        Something like this:

Capacitance: 2uF-60uF
        Type: Polypropylene Film Capacitor
        Capacitance tolerance: ±5%
        Rated voltage: 450VAC(the highest voltage can be 660VAC in UL certificate)
        Rated frequency: 50/60Hz single-phase
        Voltage proof : T-T 1.75Un-2Un, 2s; T-C 2000 VAC, 2s
        Tangent of loss angle: ≤0.2%
        Insulating resistance: T-T≥5000M ;.μF; T-C≥2000M ;
        Class of safety protection: P2

JoeFR

Comment

• Originally posted by GSM View Post
          I wonder if those ever had a CV equivalent.
          2A3 likely became more widely used.
          I normally do a find search on that page to get the CV equivalent but i don't
          know how far it goes back. I have been lucky up to now that i have found what
          i have been looking for there.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by joefr View Post

That depends on spark gap. Theoretically the spark gap will set the maximum voltage that builds up across the capacitors. But, you can not count on this. Therefore I would recommend capacitors able to handle the maximum voltage coming out of you L3 coil (just in case the spark gap fails to fire correctly).

Comment

Hi All

I like to make progress with my current setup. I solved the problems with my spark gap for now.

I have another question? How to determine the value of Storage Cap Bank which is then pulsed via spark gap to StepDown transformer to power the load?

This Cap Bank:

I like to buy some motor run capacitor in aluminium case and put them in series to get the desired voltage.
              Something like this:

Capacitance: 2uF-60uF
              Type: Polypropylene Film Capacitor
              Capacitance tolerance: ±5%
              Rated voltage: 450VAC(the highest voltage can be 660VAC in UL certificate)
              Rated frequency: 50/60Hz single-phase
              Voltage proof : T-T 1.75Un-2Un, 2s; T-C 2000 VAC, 2s
              Tangent of loss angle: ≤0.2%
              Insulating resistance: T-T≥5000M ;.μF; T-C≥2000M ;
              Class of safety protection: P2

JoeFR
              Hi joefr,

as you have 300 va toroid tranformer you need 300 watt input pulsed to it.

Last edited by dunfasto; 08-24-2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Dunfasto

there is a mistake in your schematic. either your primary is cw and secondary is ccw or primary ccw and secondary is cw.
                kacher does not work with same cw cw or ccw ccw coils

Yes you are correct. There is an error in my schematic. Both coils are wind in same direction CW, but connection leads to L1 CW Primary coil are reversed.

JoeFR
                Hi joefr,

thanks for correction,

T and R

Dunfasto

Comment

• transformer

Joefr how many turns you have on primary and secondary on transformer.

Comment

• Hi Dunfasto

Thanks for tips. From my previous experiments and testing I know it takes quite some time to charge 600uF Capacitor to 1000V to get 300Wats per second out. It takes much more than one second to charge capacitor this size to 1000Volts.
                    with my currents setup. So something is missing to charge caps this size with low input and High Voltage High Frequency output FAST in one second or faster.
                    Any suggestions?

JoeFR

Comment

• Hi Guruji

Joefr how many turns you have on primary and secondary on transformer.
                      Sorry Guruji I dont know. Transformer was custom made so I can used it to test various loads or I can used as inverter. It is toroid transformer 300VA rating
                      Primary:
                      115V-0-115V

Secondary:
                      6V-0-6V
                      12V-0-12V
                      24V-0-24V
                      48V-0-48V

JoeFR

Comment

Hi Dunfasto

Thanks for tips. From my previous experiments and testing I know it takes quite some time to charge 600uF Capacitor to 1000V to get 300Wats per second out. It takes much more than one second to charge capacitor this size to 1000Volts.
                        with my currents setup. So something is missing to charge caps this size with low input and High Voltage High Frequency output FAST in one second or faster.
                        Any suggestions?

JoeFR
                        Hi joefr,

i am showing you the method to charge cap faster by using ht terminal attached to the cap envelope and using ground. that will not load your battery and cap will charge faster without putting load on the kacher circuit.

for more faster charging use a heavy cable for earth ground and connect many diodes parallel in avramenko fashion so more charges rush in to charge caps.

in my opinion a single series queue doesnt have enough bandwidth for charges to wriggle through and if we make the orifice larger by attaching parallel diodes it will enhance the the large road for charges from ground to the caps through earth avramenko.

T and R
                        Dunfasto
                        Last edited by dunfasto; 09-02-2013, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Scope pics

Hi,

I was able to decrease freq so scope shot gives atleast some info what happens in my circuit

Probe free in air about 3 feet from coils and sparks.

Any ideas and comments?

Thanks D
                          Attached Files
                          "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Hi Dunfasto

Problem with my current Cap bank is that is made from several Epcos 0.22uF 1250V caps. The problem with this caps is, that case is made from plastic.
                            So I tried you suggestion and I wrapped them with 5 layers of aluminum foil.
                            I then connected HV wire from my L2 secondary to aluminum foil.
                            The input dropped to around 24 wats but the output to. The cap bank did charge this way but I had problems with arcing between foil and caps and I hear hissing noise.

This is the reason I need caps with aluminum case and then put them in series to for more voltage.

JoeFR

Comment

Hi Dunfasto

Problem with my current Cap bank is that is made from several Epcos 0.22uF 1250V caps. The problem with this caps is, that case is made from plastic.
                              So I tried you suggestion and I wrapped them with 5 layers of aluminum foil.
                              I then connected HV wire from my L2 secondary to aluminum foil.
                              The input dropped to around 24 wats but the output to. The cap bank did charge this way but I had problems with arcing between foil and caps and I hear hissing noise.

This is the reason I need caps with aluminum case and then put them in series to for more voltage.

JoeFR
                              Hi joefr,

use only one layer of alluminium. and bind a wire like a desolder wire with a mesh and tighten it around the alluminium foil. or use a glue to paste alluminum foil on cap plastic.
                              if you still see corona then use plastic as insulator between plastic of cap and the alluminium foil. corona happens when voltage is high to jump across two metal surfaces. to reduce that add more dielectric substance so jump gap is more for spark to jump as corona. thus stopping spark to jump and corona is none.

yes alluminium case caps are best.

ps: alluminium sheet is more viable option than alluminium foil.

T and R
                              dunfasto
                              Last edited by dunfasto; 07-01-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daemonbart View Post
                                Hi,

I was able to decrease freq so scope shot gives atleast some info what happens in my circuit

Probe free in air about 3 feet from coils and sparks.

Any ideas and comments?

Thanks D
                                Hi daemonbart,

you have scalar voltage spikes with a component of DC. that is scalar phenomena. scalar waves always have DC component at the centre line. the spikes you see are scalar amplification results. the spikes are not continuous but intermittant showing that frequency is still not in resonance but tries to pull in resonance. thats why these spikes occur at repetitive intervals.

when resonance happens we have caduceus wave with centre thick line like of the caduceus staff which is DC component.

T and R

dunfasto
                                Last edited by dunfasto; 07-01-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X