Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm admiered by your work, Kurt

But sometimes I just don't get your strange coils?

Why not just put 2 groundpoints into the soil and oscillate the ground with 500v and then put a 3rd point in the ground and run it to a tuned coil with resonance?

It is like when you are standing on the beach with waves hiting you.
    Hard to stand still.

Standing waves in the ground

When you have the ground oscillating it isnt hard to get the energy out.
    It is the Kapanadze way and it works.

It bet you dont even have any formulas that describe how your coils work?
    Last edited by janost; 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Now that you have a benchmark try removing the separated halves, see how much it effects the system.
      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• mr. clean, Thanks for all the work you do. I'd like to ask a couple questions not to be critical but to help. I'm not actually sure how your circuit is built so I may be totally wrong in making some assumptions and might even be dumb to even be asking this. I just have two things that came to mind in watching your first video. First is that LED's seem to me to be a special sort of 'load'. If you can duplicate what you have done their with some very low power flashlight type filament bulbs then I would be more excited about your results.

My first thought with the small LED's is that they will of course get brighter if you put a low resistance across them since that 1 Ohm resistor will pull a lot more current or voltage into that part of the circuit if the circuit can provide it. LED's by their self are very low current devices. Not sure if that even makes sense for what you are doing there but it just seemed to me like it was a logical result when putting a low Ohm resistor across it as I assume that's HF AC coming in and the LED is a diode that rectifies that AC. I wish tests for loads and output could be done with something other than LED's people commonly use. They are a special type of load IMO just like flourescent bulbs can be lit just being close to HF AC -- it's showing power but a special kind.

Second concern is that you are seeing 30-35 volts AC output at about the same current as input at 12 volts DC. But the AC output actual power is not simply AC volts times Amps. DC input of course is simply DC volts times amps = power in watts but looking at your scope the AC output is narrow spikes and while I'm not able to quickly say it's same or lower than your input power I think it would be good to look at some calculations on the real power output you are seeing. Without doing some digging that's over my head but it's just a feeling that that actual power out is not as much as it might appear at first.
        There is nothing more I'd like to see than your success in finding the 'golden egg' so please take these questions as my request to show me where I am wrong. And I do hope I'm wrong or simply not understanding some aspects of this.
        Last edited by ewizard; 11-06-2012, 06:41 PM.
        There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• Yes, LEDs are a bad load. You can make them light up from a wire antenna with nothng else.

And yes again.
          AC load or amps are 1.4times less as its RMS.
          And its only good on a sinewave and without a scope only at 50Hz.

What you could do is put it trough a resistor and mesure the voltagedrop.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
            So Thane's idea was brilliant after all!

Just path between two secondaries must be much shorter than path between each secondary and primary so magnetic flux path will be looped between two secondaries mostly and the primary will be catalyst of process

P.S> Primary-secondary coupling must be loose and secondary-secondary coupling should be very good.
            Last edited by T-1000; 11-06-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post

Just path between two secondaries must be much shorter than path between each secondary and primary so magnetic flux path will be looped between two secondaries mostly and the primary will be catalyst of process

P.S> Primary-secondary coupling must be loose and secondary-secondary coupling should be very good.
              What is this?
              Dont you learn english at school?
              You cant even explain in simple english what you mean?

If you write in an english forum you have to write in english.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                What is this?
                Dont you learn english at school?
                You cant even explain in simple english what you mean?

If you write in an english forum you have to write in english.
                I think T1000 was clear, and i believe he is Russian..?

anyway, that picture is of the inventor's drawing of how and why the BiToroid works like it does
                In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                In the expert's mind there are few.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post

Good point, and makes sense. Yeah i think Thane was right

now to work out the correct number of turns, as i arbitrarily just put 200 turns on each secondary, maybe more or less is better?
                  And gauge of wire and core size needs to be figured out.

Thane did say how it works best with low impedance primary and high impedance secondaries, similar to his motor/gen.
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Boy the naysayers come out of the woodwork dont they, give him a chance to tune it.

Is there any particular winding directions on the secondary's.
                    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                      I'm admiered by your work, Kurt

But sometimes I just don't get your strange coils?
                      It bet you dont even have any formulas that describe how your coils work?
                      ok,... thanks...i guess?

idk if you are incinuating that i am guessing at values and blindly just hooking up wires,
                      but i have a very good understanding of what is happening in the devices i am working on.

Or do you mean resonance factors like L and C to go with the F?
                      aside from that its pretty easy, so just not sure what you mean by "how my coils work"
                      what are your thoughts on "how they work"? just curious
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by ewizard View Post
                        mr. clean, Thanks for all the work you do. I'd like to ask a couple questions not to be critical but to help. I'm not actually sure how your circuit is built so I may be totally wrong in making some assumptions and might even be dumb to even be asking this. I just have two things that came to mind in watching your first video. First is that LED's seem to me to be a special sort of 'load'. If you can duplicate what you have done their with some very low power flashlight type filament bulbs then I would be more excited about your results.

My first thought with the small LED's is that they will of course get brighter if you put a low resistance across them since that 1 Ohm resistor will pull a lot more current or voltage into that part of the circuit if the circuit can provide it. LED's by their self are very low current devices. Not sure if that even makes sense for what you are doing there but it just seemed to me like it was a logical result when putting a low Ohm resistor across it as I assume that's HF AC coming in and the LED is a diode that rectifies that AC. I wish tests for loads and output could be done with something other than LED's people commonly use. They are a special type of load IMO just like flourescent bulbs can be lit just being close to HF AC -- it's showing power but a special kind.

Second concern is that you are seeing 30-35 volts AC output at about the same current as input at 12 volts DC. But the AC output actual power is not simply AC volts times Amps. DC input of course is simply DC volts times amps = power in watts but looking at your scope the AC output is narrow spikes and while I'm not able to quickly say it's same or lower than your input power I think it would be good to look at some calculations on the real power output you are seeing. Without doing some digging that's over my head but it's just a feeling that that actual power out is not as much as it might appear at first.
                        There is nothing more I'd like to see than your success in finding the 'golden egg' so please take these questions as my request to show me where I am wrong. And I do hope I'm wrong or simply not understanding some aspects of this.
                        you are correct that LEDs will run almost too efficiently, they will light from small input, sure...

but i guarantee they will not light FULLY without enough power going to them.
                        The bottom line is that they do have a 3 watt rating at 12v, not 20 mA 3v...

so 4 bulbs in parallel will have a 12 watt demand to light fully.

anyway i will find some suitable filament bulbs, but i need to work out turns on L1 and L2s, new LC values and driver freq, as well as some ideas i have
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                          Boy the naysayers come out of the woodwork dont they, give him a chance to tune it.

Is there any particular winding directions on the secondary's.
                          Yeah
                          all coils are wound the same direction, except the primary was wrapped from top down, finish layer, and start again from top down etc..
                          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Hi mrclean, I don't understand you're reasoning, If you think you have OU why
                            not concentrate on showing the measurements, present the readings and scope
                            shots, in the video and ask for opinions on if it is OU or not and why it is or
                            isn't.

You see OU in everything but it isn't there, you obviously don't understand
                            how to determine power.

If you want to determine the output power when it is pulsed DC or AC without
                            messing with phase angles and stuff then just rectify and smooth the DC
                            output then run a load from that and measure the power, it's very simple.
                            When you look at the trace for the output it must be a flat line smooth DC to
                            use a simple volts x amps calculation for power.

Not only that but the input power needs to be determined from the battery if
                            using one or if powering from the wall outlet using a kilo Watt meter at the wall outlet
                            to show the proper input power. Thane did not do that, he measured the
                            input power between a supply transformer and the BiTT, completely
                            disregarding the power dissipated by the supply transformer one of which he
                            burned out. Considering his measured output power was so low, the power
                            dissipated in the supply transformer (enough to burn one out) would have
                            been many times his measured output so energy taken from the wall is the
                            real input. If he burned out a supply transformer while showing such a small
                            output power level the BiTT was way under unity.

Thane used tricks to wow people, he was thrown out of the University when
                            they realized what he was claiming/doing. Basically he's full of it. He used the
                            same trick for the "regenerative acceleration" the actual input energy is a lot
                            more than the actual output energy. With the "regenerative acceleration"
                            demo's it is obvious but with the BiTT demo's it is not obvious.

Cheers.

Comment

• hehe, just checked, and the BiToroid seems to light filament bulbs....

coming soon
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                                Hi mrclean, I don't understand you're reasoning, If you think you have OU why
                                not concentrate on showing the measurements, present the readings and scope
                                shots, in the video and ask for opinions on if it is OU or not and why it is or
                                isn't.

You see OU in everything but it isn't there, you obviously don't understand
                                how to determine power.

If you want to determine the output power when it is pulsed DC or AC without
                                messing with phase angles and stuff then just rectify and smooth the DC
                                output then run a load from that and measure the power, it's very simple.
                                When you look at the trace for the output it must be a flat line smooth DC to
                                use a simple volts x amps calculation for power.

Not only that but the input power needs to be determined from the battery if
                                using one or if powering from the wall outlet using a kilo Watt meter at the wall outlet
                                to show the proper input power. Thane did not do that, he measured the
                                input power between a supply transformer and the BiTT, completely
                                disregarding the power dissipated by the supply transformer one of which he
                                burned out. Considering his measured output power was so low, the power
                                dissipated in the supply transformer (enough to burn one out) would have
                                been many times his measured output so energy taken from the wall is the
                                real input. If he burned out a supply transformer while showing such a small
                                output power level the BiTT was way under unity.

Thane used tricks to wow people, he was thrown out of the University when
                                they realized what he was claiming/doing. Basically he's full of it. He used the
                                same trick for the "regenerative acceleration" the actual input energy is a lot
                                more than the actual output energy. With the "regenerative acceleration"
                                demo's it is obvious but with the BiTT demo's it is not obvious.

Cheers.
                                Well first off, all you see is a straight line if you look at DC on Scope, so no help there, and in my last vids, i am putting all power thru fwbr, measuring DC volts after fwbr, and analog DC ammeter is connected after fwbr.

all measurements were performed under load. so where were u?

(and dont give me any HF excuses, there is no interference here making my input "look" lower, and my output "look" higher all at same time )

it sounds like you have a general dislike for Heins, idk about his personal life, but if he is not legit, why is he developping his design and getting professional interest?

if you look thru my early vids,
                                [url=http://m.youtube.com/?reload=4&rdm=mcy2862nk#/watch?v=7PGOGH12N6E[/url]
                                i have replicated his peripeteia motor, and it does what its supposed to. at max rpm, with the HV coil engaged, there was a boost of rpm, and a reduction on supply current simultaneously.
                                only problem is if you run your motor off of variac at half power, instead of DC and PWM, things get warm. AC motors seem to like their full voltage rating.

BUT a good friend and electrical engineer built Thane's motor using DC and PWM and was able to get a runaway effect, while confirming a decrease in input current at fixed voltage.
                                So all i can say is try harder. i would have vid of it, but the stator came in contact with the rotor at about 4000rpm.... that was that LOL
                                No big deal, just re-build it. maybe he has

im trying to exhaust the methods of measurement (to find out for myself too)

AND btw....
                                i dont know what to think when i put all thru FWBR, and measure after fwbr, and run the load...after fwbr. measuring 6 watts input while seeing fully lit 12 watts of bulbs and the DC numbers to go along with it without any particular anomalies....

....then someone says.... you gotta measure the DC ... i kinda have to nod and smile after that having a load smoothes reading like a capacitor. open coils read 611v... that would be the "phantom " reading

39D Don Smith Device Project: BiToroid Resonant Driver, More Measurements - YouTube

And why did the tuning LEDs get brighter on secondary when other secondary went on load? it shouldve shared the power and gotten dimmer... according to the known laws
                                is there a problem with that "reasoning"?
                                Last edited by mr.clean; 11-07-2012, 05:58 AM.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X