Thanx
    dave
    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
      Pics to large, open in paint resize
      Thanx
      dave
      I just left them as link because forum is not able to make thumbils in compact size..

Comment

• Kurt did I understand you correctly the primary is bifilar and only connected on one end, the other ends are loose.
        Thanks
        dave

maybe I misunderstood

Comment

Kurt did I understand you correctly the primary is bifilar and only connected on one end, the other ends are loose.
          Thanks
          dave

maybe I misunderstood
          The answer is in earler Kurt's post:
          http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post213673

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
            WOW good job man! ok im gonna have to draw it on paper and post it on my imageshack, but you have it very close there,

Actually im kinda stressed now about this i posted it as soon as i made it, when i realized the meter climbing, i didnt even look away, carefully grabbed camera and just tried to let it go.... and go... and go.... hehe

but i will show what i did and hopefully someone with a full brain can nail exactly what the reason is im just glad i got it on camera lol
            i really think it has something to do with open bifiliar wires and keeping as little voltage drop as possible, but something was going back into that cap even tho it was unconnected at output, maybe from being beside the pos out wire it was collecting charge...? i REALLY dont know.
            i will investigate more tomorow , i gotta sleep lol
            This is what I had a question about.
            Thanks
            dave

Comment

• The bifilar wiring would increase the parasitic capacitance, and that coupled with driving at high frequencies and sending the inductor toward capacitive behaviour ...

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

All the best with it,

QV.

Comment

• Hi T-1000,

Thanks for showing the inductance measurements. If your LCR meter shows the unloaded Q of the coils (XL/r) in the lower right corner of the display, then the unloaded Q of the primary is 354, its Q is 66.2 when one secondary is shorted and its Q is 0.41 when both secondaries are shorted: this is an unwanted "penalty" unfortunately. OF course when real loads are connected instead of the short(s) the loaded Q may increase accordingly, the short circuit load is of course an extreme case. I just mention this, it is not neccessarily a drawback, conventional transformers behave also like that. And the inductance increase of the primary coil due to the load on the secondary is unusual indeed.

Gyula

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                My team just did first measurements with alternate flux path on rings and found few interesting facts:
                1) The inductance of Leeedskalni's primary coil increase when load is applied to one of secondary coils (this is opposite: In the standard transformer the inductance decreases when load is applied)
                2) The reactive resistance is increased under load (again it is opposite from conventional transformer)
                The more measurements with recorded video will follow as my tean's work will progress.

Comment

Kurt did I understand you correctly the primary is bifilar and only connected on one end, the other ends are loose.
                  Thanks
                  dave

maybe I misunderstood
                  oh ok what i meant was that the output has an unconnected wire that leads to the cap, but only connected to the pos end, the neg is unconnected but runs parallel to the pos wire.
                  the primary is a single wire, and btw im freaking out because i cant get it to do the same thing again

i hope not too many ppl are trying this cause i know im going nuts
                  In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                  In the expert's mind there are few.
                  -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• mr. clean, a couple thoughts if you are still having trouble replicating your own setup. There seems to be some people saying that you still had caps clipped into the circuit in your video. I'm not sure if those were the caps you have shown in the diagram or others but I had assumed you just had the clips attached next to them rather than hooked in to the circuit. It's hard telling in the video even at full resolution on a big monitor.

Other thoughts : were there any magnets on your bench nearby? Any running transformers from other projects or power supplies? Another thing that came to mind from something soundiceuk had shown. He had a circuit showing a copper plate between two batteries that was significant in producing power in that device. Is it possible the loose wire was between 2 batteries or something that was causing this effect?

And finally maybe study your own video closely to see exactly how everything is placed and any oddities that might not be in your replication if you haven't already thought of that.

BTW I did a little research on the toroids you got from Digikey. They were last manufactured by Epcos in 2002 and were last shipped out from them in 2003. They are no longer being made by Epcos. Digikey had 14 in stock when I first saw this part mentioned. As of yesterday there were 4 left in stock. If anyone wants to use this exact part there are just enough left for one more replicator. Get 'em while they're hot
                    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

• One question on the LED lights - they appear to be the kind that is made for either 120 VAC or possibly 12 volt DC meaning they are not bare LED's and they will have a step down circuit or something in there to limit current and power to them. Most LED's sold in stores now which look like the ones you have are built this way. I'm asking because the type of load they put on the circuit may be of significance too.
                      There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

oh ok what i meant was that the output has an unconnected wire that leads to the cap, but only connected to the pos end, the neg is unconnected but runs parallel to the pos wire.
                        the primary is a single wire, and btw im freaking out because i cant get it to do the same thing again

MIB's are beaming radionic madness waves at you now. Time to put on your tinfoil hat.

Take your time guy ... you'll get it again. Are you trying a copy or are you having trouble with the original?

Comment

This is typical when people randomly find loop then can't repeat themselves. You need to think now what steps you did to achieve effect then follow it.

The alternate magnetic flux path way it is, you may do measurements as my team did then see your first video 39A Don Smith Device Project: Incorporating Heins Bi-Toroid Technology - YouTube and reproduce effect where 1 secondary shorted then primary stops consuming power and another secondary coil gets maximum power out. In that moment your primary coil will consume only power losses and output of secondary will need get back into 555 PWM generator..

Good luck!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by T-1000; 11-11-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Not to worry, its a cool setup, will be fun to play with.
                            And who knows its worth a shot Thain seemed to get good results.

I cant afford the cores right now so Im going to use bailing wire, Im making a jig now. I figure if this does go somewhere we will be looking for substitutes anyway, how long would it be before they shut out the ferrite cores and made them outrageously expensive.

later
                            dave

Comment

• perhaps anomaly?

despite the anomalous result in my last vid, i really feel that experiments with the BiTT are the way to go, so at least you all wont have difficulty as long as the core material and config is good
                              In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                              In the expert's mind there are few.
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• I think I understand how it works as Gyula lead me on to impendance matching.

The resonance is mutualy coupled. that is why the losses are small in the resonance.

The ringdown currents in the resonance gets multiplied back.

Comment

Working...
                                X