Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this would work with a SIDAC?
    Or does it need a reverse diode parallel to the SIDAC?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Oboy, level, are you something

From Wikipedia:
      The operation of the SIDAC is functionally similar to that of a spark gap. The SIDAC remains nonconducting until the applied voltage meets or exceeds its rated breakover voltage. Once entering this conductive state going through the negative dynamic resistance region, the SIDAC continues to conduct, regardless of voltage, until the applied current falls below its rated holding current. At this point, the SIDAC returns to its initial nonconductive state to begin the cycle once again.

Somewhat uncommon in most electronics, the SIDAC is relegated to the status of a special purpose device. However, where part-counts are to be kept low, simple relaxation oscillators are needed, and when the voltages are too low for practical operation of a spark gap, the SIDAC is an indispensable component.
      I just need to get some of these
      Last edited by janost; 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
        im studying to put my mind inside this and comparing it to Kapanadze's coil.
        Maybe... all the coils in the schem you posted are in that wiring configuration, but all wired onto the same core, and that ground wire that goes to load, could be the one that runs thru the middle of the coil

the switch connections are kind of a mystery to me, but could be the funtion of the transistors you see K monitoring in vids, or representing a spark event?

i am on freeenergyLT a lot, but this is new
        this is gonna be fun to play with, thanks!
        I think he's trying to spread much disinformation
        Therefore it is advisable to read the previous posts.

TARIEL KAPANADZE - The Rediscovery of Telsa's Radiant Energy Machine
        Tariel Kapanadze and Tesla Circuits

Comment

• Is it the same as a Transient Voltage Suppressor Diode?

I'm having a hard time finding one.
          Give me an example.

This application example was one of the more beautiful ones I found.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by janost; 01-29-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctbenergy View Post
            I think he's trying to spread much disinformation
            Therefore it is advisable to read the previous posts.

TARIEL KAPANADZE - The Rediscovery of Telsa's Radiant Energy Machine
            Tariel Kapanadze and Tesla Circuits
            None here is going to build a Kapanadze coil before knowing the fundementals.

Are you building one?

Thought so.

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
              By the way, what software are you using to create your schematics? It does a way better job than my messy hand drawn schematics...
              ExpressSCH

ExpressPCB - Free PCB layout software - Low cost circuit boards - Top quality PCB manufacturing

Its free and does your PCBs from the schematic

And I use LTspice to simulate small circuits before building them.

Download LTspice IV 4.17x Free - A software to help you simulate switching regulators. - Softpedia

It is really good.
              Last edited by janost; 01-29-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• I have now ordered 2 sets of SIDACs from Farnell.
                10pcs 146V and 10pcs 215V, 1A

Waiting to see them in the mail

As level said these are self-triggered Triacs.
                When the voltage exceeds the rating they will conduct until the current drops below threshold.

Just what I need, a semiconductor sparkgap

Comment

• This is the basic Tesla config using a SIDAC instead of a sparkgap.

The time to charge the cap is set by the RC combo.

Once the cap gets charged to the breakover voltage, the cap will fire into the coil and ring down at the LC frequency of the cap/coil.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by janost; 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                    What is that..thing?
                    IMHO that 'thing' is close to what the 'FREE ENERGY' modEL you should be working on looks like.

i.e. bio mimicry
                    HIGHLY EFFICIENT data storage and algorithms = DNA = double helix = what I would put into the ARK of the covenant for safe keeping or onto Noah's Ark = the New Atlantis = the rebuilding of Solomon's 3rd Temple .... until the next Tesla comes along

selah V

ox

Comment

• Eric Dollard

Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                      Yes Mr. Clean,

Let me say that you seem very close to if not THERE in terms of having a working device.

Some months ago,I was just charging caps.Did light up a flourescent, but the cap lost charge when on a load.Apparently, two things are needed.A larger cap.(I was using microwave caps at 0.65uF 2000v)I was putting a charge of 400 volts @ 4khz on em from a flyback driver system.

My calculation show that I need to (a) increase the cap size and/or
                      (b) increase frequency.

Continue with your interesting experiments Sir, just that I need to catch up on your lastest videos.

And yes 12 volts at 200 amps was that it? Well if you have a super cap you can have that .

Next thing, I like the suggestion, connect up the caps ala Don style.

He does that for the cap banks in his devices.

Keep up the good work.

Ged
                      Originally posted by Raphael37 View Post
                      IMHO that 'thing' is close to what the 'FREE ENERGY' modEL you should be working on looks like.

i.e. bio mimicry
                      HIGHLY EFFICIENT data storage and algorithms = DNA = double helix = what I would put into the ARK of the covenant for safe keeping or onto Noah's Ark = the New Atlantis = the rebuilding of Solomon's 3rd Temple .... until the next Tesla comes along

selah V

ox
                      He is here and alive now, in the form of Eric Dollard

Anyone see this going on for him...
                      Tesla Round 2, The Mission of Eric Dollard | Indiegogo

IMAGINE, if Eric Actually was able to build his modern revised Wardenclyffe?!

Eric Dollard, smart, paranoid, bit eccentric, and MOST valuable man alive,
                      THE CLOSEST thing to a living Tesla,
                      sadly as some know has been reduced to living out of his vehicle, with no means to experiment, and on many occasions has lost everything

It appears there IS help for him on the site i posted
                      ...at least get to know him everyone, before he's gone the way of Tesla

WOW that site went from 9,948 to over 11,000 overnight i think a council of people should be appointed to ensure Eric lives in luxury, writes down all he knows, is free to build and experiment PRIVATELY, and is protected from likely assassination
                      ...i'll work for free, just to help him with experiments and make sure he's safe LOL
                      Last edited by mr.clean; 01-31-2013, 03:16 PM.
                      In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                      In the expert's mind there are few.
                      -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Eric Dollard

its been said that Eric has done more living on food stamps than others have done with Millions

He could at least have an RV and internet connection if he still wants to live in the desert

In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                        In the expert's mind there are few.
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Ok, I now have a bunch of SIDACs.
                          Lets see what they can do

Comment

• There are 2 things I'm going to try:

The first is on my ignitioncoils, stepup to 1kv and fire into the stepdown.

The second one is my mosfet JT, charge a cap to 200v and fire it back into the battery (lead-acid) and hope it can take the Joule-kick

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                              its been said that Eric has done more living on food stamps than others have done with Millions

He could at least have an RV and internet connection if he still wants to live in the desert

Hello Mr Clean,

yes Im still watching- for something revelant - you certainly hit my harmonic with the dollard site link! he is just unbelieveably fantastic-you can only kill a body-you cant kill spirit and of most all people he is a singular person who definitely has it! I am in process of being a letter receiver from eric and looking forward to it most sincerely!!! thanks for your part,

mike, onward!

Comment

• Dont you guys have the scope-pics and waveforms in your mind when you design a circuit?
                                Surely you must have an idea of how its going to operate?

I proved with my mosfet-JT that its actually putting power back into the battery.

But some of you?

Are you just trowing things together and see how it works?

Comment

Working...
                                X