Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
    hi Al
    Dynatron has posted his build and he winds all CW i believe, it's a matter a phase.
    if you wind cw primary, and then ccw secondary, they are phased 180, if cw secondary, then In phase with primary.
    Of course there is a slight lag, but anyway. i have found that it doesnt matter, it does matter with the secondaries tho,
    i phase the secondaries together to parallel them +-+-, whereas Don and Dynatron have them +--+.
    That works great if your diodes can effectively deal with the volts, current, and switching speed
    On my large double helix board from vid 30A, i have added now 3 parallel diodes each rated 30kv20mA... and they still are failing HOT... (that's 1800 watts!)
    and still overheating and flaming out!

So i have given the smaller scale a try, but personally having better luck with secondaries separately tuned and parallel connected...

...that all being said, forget the coils, and read back a few pages
    Best performance yet, with no coils... and ~resonance~ is still involved

Although i may use step down trafo
    Hi Mr Clean!

Thank you! Can you help me with one more thing?

I'm struggling to find good quality video in 2 parts - 'Inventors weekend 2005' with Don.

I heard it was on dvd even. Link or torrent will be fine!

Links on it here in ths thread are broken or give pieces of whole Don's presentation.
    Last edited by algavrik; 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Now I have a bunch of IRFP-460s.

I'll try tonight with with a selfmade aircore coil to see if high frequency makes any difference.

How many turns would be minimum with an aircored coil?
      Say it would operate at 1MHz?

Would 20turns 1mm enameled copper wire wound on 12mm work?

Comment

• It works

I wound 20+20turns 0.5mm enalmed copper wire on a standard AA-battery and slided the battery out.

It runs at 200KHz and the output is 40V on a 12V@38mA supply.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Good Stuff

Originally posted by janost View Post
          It works

I wound 20+20turns 0.5mm enameled copper wire on a standard AA-battery and slided the battery out.

It runs at 200KHz and the output is 40V on a 12V@38mA supply.
          Hi Janost ,

An excellent and really quick set up with good results. Its experimenters like yourself that keeps me going.Wow! May I ask:

What frequency are you driving it at? Duty cycle? Are you gonna build a receiver or better yet receiver coils with the same specs rectify the output and see if with proper tuning we can get more out than in from the source? You say 40 volts out so far, what the output amps? Are you using a function generator?

What if you had ,say, over sixty turns? What if it was wound bifilar? Like on both transmitter and receiver? Don't know if u have the time to investigate, but you seem to be the only one hot on this one just now.I have seen wireless transmittion experiments on youtube, even one with multiple receivers.Unfortunately no one checked output from the tuned resonant receivers.Like this guy here:

Wireless energy transfer - Wireless powered LEDs - YouTube Wish he had properly tuned,position,rectified and measured energy output on all the receivers at once.One day I hope to thoroughly explore this idea myself.

Just a thought.

Ged
          Last edited by Gedfire; 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• hi janost.the trace on your scope shots looks like a half rectified amplitude modulated,am radio signal,like a spiky version of a crystal radio signal amplified.i don't know much about scopes.are there two frequencies cycling there,about 1:12or13 cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
              hi janost.the trace on your scope shots looks like a half rectified amplitude modulated,am radio signal,like a spiky version of a crystal radio signal amplified.i don't know much about scopes.are there two frequencies cycling there,about 1:12or13 cheers.
              My scope has a sampling frequency of 1MHz and it is the sum and differences between that and the 200KHz that shows up.

Comment

• Primary coil running

Just a quick post to let all know where my setup is at now. I made the comment that me and MC were on the same direction. I noticed the very large coil in the post and thought it was what was in operation. He was actually running the split ferrite cored one. Still on the same idea tho.
                I just now put my coil to power and it runs very cool at 12.6v 1.2a at a F1 of 26.84khz. I was shooting for 25k even so have to play with it a bit just to be even numbers. Cap does get hot after a while but then it is only one and should be split into maybe five to take the power better. The coil is wound from 1/8 copper tube (what a pain that was) on a spaced pvc former.
                Next will be the F7 tap with resonator pair and finally the output pair. This is beginning to be fun.

chow thay

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                  Hi Janost ,

What frequency are you driving it at? Duty cycle? Are you gonna build a receiver or better yet receiver coils with the same specs rectify the output and see if with proper tuning we can get more out than in from the source? You say 40 volts out so far, what the output amps? Are you using a function generator?

Ged
                  Its not driven.

It selfoscillates.

Its a mosfet-JT but with an aircore instead of ferrite or ironcore.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by janost; 03-14-2013, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
                    Hi Janost ,
                    You say 40 volts out so far, what the output amps?
                    I measured 110mA into a full short.
                    But i guess there isnt much of volts then

I'm gonna charge a cap with it and then fire the cap into another coil.

Comment

• hi janost.i'm playing with a bit of a bifilar pancake coil.figure 8 spkr cable 3.1 mm wide fitted neatly in a clear skinny cd case.cross section 888888 888888 still tryin different connections but return is down compared to a ferrite rod so far.it's got 24 turns and goes better with 15-30 nf across the feedback winding.it's handy for topping up the charge in my 9v meter batteries when i unloop it
                      Last edited by hotrod68r; 03-16-2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Update

Originally posted by janost View Post
                        I measured 110mA into a full short.
                        But i guess there isnt much of volts then

I'm gonna charge a cap with it and then fire the cap into another coil.
                        Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Originally posted by stupify12 View Post
                          Hello Slow and Easy

Just assumptions. Firstly people think Tesla's capacitor are more like this modern days capacitor, Actually Tesla magnifying resonance was achieved by vibrating(Tesla's terminology) not just the Secondary coil but also the Capacitor(custom made jars), when the energy discharge to the coil, the capacitor is already recharged by the electromagnetic induction of the coil. This is not speculations, i have dismantled a old Ultrasonic fogger that still has tube components- vacuum tube amplifier,The ultrasonic fogger confirm what Vladimir Utkins writings.

Im still on the process of experimenting what i have read from the Tesla's Writings and Research book. The circuit i posted is a 12volt input to the coil + cap tank combination 1.5uf 1000v - from microwave oven, Output 600v approx on each end. It was controlled by the relay switch which turn off when the relay switch is pulled down by the electormagnet of the core. Primary is about 80 turns, the Two secondary is about 160 turns approx on the same core .If u have read the book, you will understand the history of the Tesla coil,eliminating the rotating magnet in the generator,replacing it with a none moving Tank circuit.

Tesla coil before it was aircored, works like a induction transformer when short circuiting the output it interfers with the Generator/Primary. That made him the Spark gap - Spark interupter(same as the relay configuration ive made) .The 2 secondary coil works as a 1 coil- you can still short circuit them (spark /arc to each other), What janost found about his coil configuration, was already been tested by me, when u hook it in wrong Magnetic field(Rotating Magnetic Field)-( Tank circuit =reversing magnetic field) you will only get 60v.

Good Day Stupify12

The part of the book I was refering to is on Page 384. It reads "In another line of work the Writer (Tesla) has in frequent experiments maintained incondescent lamps of 50 or 100 volts burning at any desired candle power with both the terminalls of each lamp connected to a stout copper wire of no more than a few feet in length." What he is saying here he is getting his power from the environment. He talks about doing this in this chapter and previous chapters where he just used a plate at 1 end and the circuit inbetween and completed the circuit with another plate. That is the whole circuit. for example page 335 has a auto coil with a circuit imbetween and a plate ter,inating the setup and that is all there is to it. Most people don't get that they think He is just not showing alll the parts like a battery or something. But if you read it closely this is the complete circuit. Sorry for being so slow in responding. I don't get a chance to get online but about once a week or so.

Regards
                          SLOW-N-EASY

Comment

• Zero Voltage Source Inverter

Output: 120 VAC 60 Hz Input: 12V Battery

How would the specifications of a Mazilli ZVS driver, or another closely related resonator have to be modified to produce this standard voltage and frequency?

Mr. Kelly,
                            One of these circuits ought to be candidate for inclusion in your guidebook.

Vote yes for energy science. Down with standard electrical physics!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SLOW-N-EASY View Post
                              Good Day Stupify12

Originally Posted by stupify12
                              Hello Slow and Easy

Just assumptions. Firstly people think Tesla's capacitor are more like this modern days capacitor, Actually Tesla magnifying resonance was achieved by vibrating(Tesla's terminology) not just the Secondary coil but also the Capacitor(custom made jars), when the energy discharge to the coil, the capacitor is already recharged by the electromagnetic induction of the coil. This is not speculations, i have dismantled a old Ultrasonic fogger that still has tube components- vacuum tube amplifier,The ultrasonic fogger confirm what Vladimir Utkins writings.
                              The part of the book I was refering to is on Page 384. It reads "In another line of work the Writer (Tesla) has in frequent experiments maintained incondescent lamps of 50 or 100 volts burning at any desired candle power with both the terminalls of each lamp connected to a stout copper wire of no more than a few feet in length." What he is saying here he is getting his power from the environment. He talks about doing this in this chapter and previous chapters where he just used a plate at 1 end and the circuit inbetween and completed the circuit with another plate. That is the whole circuit. for example page 335 has a auto coil with a circuit imbetween and a plate ter,inating the setup and that is all there is to it. Most people don't get that they think He is just not showing alll the parts like a battery or something. But if you read it closely this is the complete circuit. Sorry for being so slow in responding. I don't get a chance to get online but about once a week or so.

Regards
                              SLOW-N-EASY
                              Well I respectfully disagree with some of both posts,

Stupify12, If you use a Tesla transformer you vibrate the primary the
                              secondary and the capacitors, capacitors are capacitors they are charged by
                              displacement current. They all work basically the same. Nothing really that
                              special about a Jar except that is is self healing.

SLOW-N-EASY, The two stout copper bars are excited by a capacitive
                              discharge which is input power, the vibrations caused by the capacative
                              discharge cause standing waves on the bars, meaning there will be a series of
                              zero volt nodes and HV points (nodes) alternately along the bars. By
                              connecting the load by one lead to a zero volt node and the other lead to a
                              HV point (node) a difference of potential is secured across the load and so a
                              current flows and the load is powered. If the load power is not reflected in an
                              increased input when loaded it is simply because the device is already
                              supplying and dissipating the load power and more, and by connecting the
                              load there is less losses ie the load is powered by some of the losses which
                              become no longer losses, my guess is the load power will always be less than
                              the input power.

How do you come to the conclusion he is saying he is getting the power from the environment ? Do you mean for free ?

I have not seen any demonstration of the Stout copper bars device that
                              shows the load is powered for free.

All energy comes from the environment, where else would it come from ?

All of Utkins writings have produced or inspired how many OU devices ? How
                              many OU devices has he shown ?

Better off studying some other sources of info as well, don't be tricked into
                              thinking someone like Utkin has all the answers or has even tested his theories.

Class Notes: Tesla Coils and the Failure of Lumped-Element Circuit Theory

Cheers

Comment

• A situation where there is no increase in the input power when a load is applied
                                is not necessarily OU or free energy. If a device is disipating 100 Watts with no load
                                then when loaded with 50 Watts the input drops to 55 Watts it is still under
                                unity because the load power is less than the input power.

Extra energy is not realized until the real load power is more than the real input power.

If the load when applied is not reflecting a higher input in (real power) it
                                means next to nothing unless the real load power is greater than the real
                                input power.

People who claim OU just because there is no increase in input power when
                                the load is applied are misleading. Why do it ? There should be no claim of OU
                                unless the real load power exceeds the real input power.

A reduction in input power with the application of a load is easy to do, it
                                breaks no laws and is well enough explained by several people. It is also
                                taught at MIT. There is nothing exotic or not normal about it, unless the real
                                output power exceeds the real input power.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X