Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.Y.I

One example of using EDA (CAE/CAD) in collaboration with empirical
    development/design to further understand, verify, optimize and develop an idea.

Wireless Power Transfer

http://edadocs.software.keysight.com...Power+Transfer

http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/l...990-6916EN.pdf

Original article that prompted the above EDA-CAE analysis:

Science 317, 83 (2007); Andr Kurs, et al.
    Wireless Power Transfer via Strongly Coupled Magnetic Resonances

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/d17...32cf51fd6e.pdf

Note: the efficiencies (using an input sinewave); also, consider a narrow input pulse
    train as an additional investigation step. N.B. It's a simple experimental setup as well
    and Keysight [former HP] provides a generous "demo" package!

Test your idea(s) using conventional orthodox engineering practice; then add all your "WOW"
    factors!!! if, in fact, it turns out they are even required??? [[and note the double integrals again]]

Keep in mind their goal is focused on power transfer over a large distance (1 to 2 meters).
    No Standing-Travelling Waves or efficient "[HV pulse] sources are investigated in the above
    (beyond the scope of the objective).

Another REMINDER: Check out Gorchilin's site for answers to many of the questions that have
    recently been posed here. He provides some excellent "notes, animations, charts, and so forth."

"http://gorchilin.com"

Персональный сайт Вячеслава Горчилина. Главная страница

Click on the flag in the upper right corner for website language translations.

FIN
    Last edited by Solarlab; 10-20-2017, 07:50 PM. Reason: added Gorchilin site link

Comment

• Dare Diamond From Nigeria Says Hi

Originally posted by janost View Post
      It is a stepup-stepdown converter.

The first transformer generates about 800volt pulses into an Avramenko plug. It charges the 630nF cap using a single wire.

When the gas discharge tube breakdown voltage, 200volt, is reached the cap discharges into stepdown transformer primary and transforms the voltage down and the current up on the secondary.

The GDT rate is about 20Hz.

The secondary is rectified and charges the 3,6v Li-Ion cell that feeds the supply voltage for the HV-blocking oscillator.

It works without a grounding-rod but the battery eventually runs out.
      When it is grounded the glow from the GDT is stronger and the secondary of the stepdown generates a higher voltage with more current.

The second AV-plug with the 5,6uF cap is a way to tap the circuit and use a load without disturbing the selffeeding loop.
      Several days ago before now (05:15am Saturday 22/2017) I discovered a way to tap or harvest BACK EMF in a lezsless way using g Avramenko Plug as the conventional way of connecting H.F Diode to the Negative leg of the coil paved way for lenz. Hours later, I applied the taught that came up in me while finding a way to boost the 1/4 L1 L2 L3 coils in Don Smith Device (by using H.V H.F diodes to short the L2 L3 opposite coils and applying avramenko plug at the 2 newly created hot ground legs **I newly developed the circuit**) What I did was that, I added one more A.V.P and creates a single Hot Ground Spot because WITHOUT it, my doubled A.V.P will NOT produce any output at all. You are correct!
      What I wanna do next now it to use AC and try to split the Positive on each leg with A.V.P and ground each extended A.V.P and thereafter see what will happen if I connect there outputs in Parallel or even series.
      My taught is that DC have single Positive and Negative while AC have the Double for each and you know, A.V.P is no lenz Friend.

My problem now is the Spark Gap linked with capacitor capacitance and polarity that must be used each A.V.P.

Anyways, trial and error all the way....

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
        Nice replication

I'm currently building a larger version with an ignitioncoil as stepup and a large 400VA transformer as stepdown.

I'm still using just 1,5 - 3v to drive the ignitioncoil so the output will be pulses with 2Kv.

And the output will be around 400watts.
        Use AC trafo and multiple linked avramenko plugs that have low caps in them each. Now, connect there Hot Ground points in parallel and divert.them to Earth. Switch the output with G.D.T for maximum efficiency.

Comment

• Originally posted by darediamond View Post
          Several days ago before now (05:15am Saturday 22/2017) I discovered a way to tap or harvest BACK EMF in a lezsless way using g Avramenko Plug as the conventional way of connecting H.F Diode to the Negative leg of the coil paved way for lenz. Hours later, I applied the taught that came up in me while finding a way to boost the 1/4 L1 L2 L3 coils in Don Smith Device (by using H.V H.F diodes to short the L2 L3 opposite coils and applying avramenko plug at the 2 newly created hot ground legs **I newly developed the circuit**) What I did was that, I added one more A.V.P and creates a single Hot Ground Spot because WITHOUT it, my doubled A.V.P will NOT produce any output at all. You are correct!
          If this is the configuration I'm thinking of, then I also experimented with it some time ago. I was able to achieve very close to unity but it always ran down eventually when looped. If you have better results then good work! Can you draw a diagram so the rest of us understand what you mean with no ambiguity?

Comment

• Presenting tonight's work: the SSDS! As in, solid state Don Smith. Right now I'm working on the driver circuit, which is nothing more than a normal solid state Tesla coil. I had a breadboard with a half-bridge driver circuit using a fixed frequency (but tunable) inverter using an SG3525 driver chip. This worked fairly well, except that due to the high Q of the secondary it's very sensitive to tuning and moving around near the coil changes the capacitance enough to affect it. So does spark loading once you turn the power up enough. I needed a self-resonant circuit capable of tracking the resonant frequency accurately. I experimented with antenna feedback but could never get this to work reliably. Using a current transformer on the ground wire to the secondary coil works better but the whole driver circuit really needs to be shielded. I took more than a few design ideas from this highly useful page:

How to build a Solid State Tesla Coil | SSTC 2 by Loneoceans Labs

I really liked the idea of using a dead PC power supply case for the circuit, especially since I already had a few on hand. Also the driver circuit is greatly simplified, just using a TI UCC37325 MOSFET driver IC, which is conveniently set up perfectly for running a half-bridge since it has two drivers, one inverting and one non-inverting. The circuit really couldn't be much simpler. It actually started right up and worked briefly the first time I connected power, until I jostled it and shorted something and smoked the driver IC. So more troubleshooting is needed but the idea seems sound.

What I need is just a stand-alone medium power SSTC to act as the driver stage for a Don Smith style output circuit. With good enough grounding I am hoping that this will be enough to achieve positive results, a power gain and self-looping. It's all solid state with no spark gaps, so silent and maintenance-free in operation. I know I sound like a broken record, but if you spend any time experimenting with Tesla coils you will rapidly discover that spark gaps are both (A) extremely noisy and (B) far from maintenance-free. A spark-driven device is fine for proof of concept, but you could never actually run your house from a unit like that, for extended periods of time, and expect to have reliable power with no downtime.

Comment

• F.Y.I.

Radient Current - N. Tesla technology and t. Morey.
              By Korsun Dmitry Alekseevič. September 2016.

Briefly, an introduction by Alekseevich is found on the Matri-X forum submitted
              under "slogatel" in the "Radiant Current" thread post #3032, as follows:

"I propose for consideration such a variant:
              The article is a part of the material presented on the website ????????? ???????? ?????? ? ???? - ??????? ????????.
              As a regular analytical study, I was offered the topic "Analysis of technologies for
              obtaining and using electric energy from the external environment". The analysis
              should have been subjected to all available information on the successful experiments
              of the famous experimenters N. Tesla and TG Morey."

?????????? ?. ????? ? ?. ?. ?????. - ????????????? ?????????? - ????????? - ??????? ?????? - ????????? ???????? ?????? ? ????

* Another good EDA analysis candidate. *

FIN

Comment

• Another russian site: Дональд Смит | Свободная энергия

It's not so easy to read when translated but here's a couple of things that may be of interest:
                - Efficiency of 600%
                - Tank circuit frequency must be a multiple of NST frequency.

He also provides a solid state alternative.

Comment

• F.Y.I.

These Keysight videos provide one method of generating the input Harmonic related
                  waveforms required for "standing waves in long lines" as shown on Gorchilin's web site.

They also give some valuable insight into driving high power devices as well as the
                  possible inner workings of the Kacher and other schemes. This information is presented
                  in an attempt to answer a question - How do I ...? You will quickly become aware there is
                  simply not a single line, or paragraph, response!

Hopefully some will find this of interest and value.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...P7TbqBpftidzI8

Videos 1 through 5 are of interest with video 3 "Class E," video 4 "Class F,"
                  and video 5 "Class J" being of particular value when considering creating
                  harmonic waveforms as demonstrated by Gorchilin:

Заметки

Under Notes | Theory - select the first article;
                  The magnetic component of energy of standing waves;
                  1. The square of the displacement amplitude of the standing wave;
                  Live plots re: harmonics and their effects on "Standing waves in long lines. Animation"
                  can be seen in the following configurable animated graphic representations:

example 1:
                  Standing waves in long lines. Animation

example 2:
                  Standing waves in long lines. Animation

Another method worth considering is Arbitrary Waveform generation and
                  pre-distortion; but you must still properly drive a (switching) power device.

P75231 - thanks, good link...

As we tie much of this together, the loops begin to close...

FIN

Comment

• Ground

If you need a good cheap ground with out a back how just go to Lowes and by some half inch wheel water pipe and a hose bib and just jet into the earth you can go down 300ft .put in several 10 ft sections and put in and down around the pipes salt like a cup in the water .you could be done in a couple of hours and under 100.00 bucks. you'll need some clamps for the wire stainless steel ban clamps are good and cheap Jim. Hay while your at it get some PVC and jet in a well your ready to go .same set up .

Comment

• Originally posted by jim glinski View Post
                      If you need a good cheap ground with out a back how just go to Lowes and by some half inch wheel water pipe and a hose bib and just jet into the earth you can go down 300ft .put in several 10 ft sections and put in and down around the pipes salt like a cup in the water .you could be done in a couple of hours and under 100.00 bucks. you'll need some clamps for the wire stainless steel ban clamps are good and cheap Jim. Hay while your at it get some PVC and jet in a well your ready to go .same set up .
                      I can only wish that I lived some place where something this simple worked! Here in Texas we have R-O-C-K and even driving steel posts for fence is a chore. Digging or drilling is something better left to the heavy equipment, which is why I'm so glad I made the phone call and got these guys out to do it:

With a big machine and an experienced operator: 20 minutes to get 5 feet down! I think it took more time to get the machine on and off the truck than it did to dig the hole. Best $100 I ever spent, I planned for more but it turned out to be easy digging.

You can see the white color of the limestone below about the first 6 inches of topsoil.... And the size of some of the boulders that came out of the hole....

https://s20.postimg.org/ydb5ie0gt/IMG_1740_small.jpg

Now to get the ground plate installed! I have some wide flat braided cable on order, as well as a real heavy-duty grounding block. I need to get some conduit but I can obtain that locally.

Comment

• Don mentions that the length of the secondary should be a multiple of the length of the primary. Can anybody confirm whether this makes a difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by p75213 View Post
                          Don mentions that the length of the secondary should be a multiple of the length of the primary. Can anybody confirm whether this makes a difference?

hello,

there is two important link about important info Don Smith shared to NuEnergy Yahoo group :

https://energyevo.com/2015/01/18/upd...y-yahoo-group/

https://energyevo.com/2016/08/05/nue...missing-posts/

you can find a reply in the above link.

Comment

• Making progress on getting the ground improvements installed. Here are some of the parts that will be going into the connection:

Comment

• $100 Good value!

Hello Tswift,
                              You certainly mean business. i think you have had exceptional value at $100 for the Loader/Back hoe. Where I live, I would have had to pay a minimum of 4hours just to get someone out. And I would be looking at about $100+ an hour. I hired a Back hoe about a year and a half ago to excavate the footings for an extension to our house. Then I was being charged $110 an hour, plus I had to cop travelling each way at 1/2 hour a journey at full rate.

I am surmising that the holes in your ground plate are for moisture circulation? although I don't see why it has to be supported on what looks like rubber blocks. also, are you using aluminium? If you intend salting the ground as per Tesla, then I think your aluminium might suffer some corrosion. Anyway, a very thorough job. God work! Impressive!

On the Don's energy devices. I have been looking at the AmbientenergyGenerator: looks slightly less difficult to my current frustration device. This is the device that uses a large flat isolating platform using a copper sheet, pane of glass and aluminium sheet as backing plate. i have been contemplating the metglass transformer shown.. I have done a bit of research and it seems that High frequency is the name of the game for metglass, although they are supposed to offer excellent results for power transformer at 50/60hz. However, I cannot find any information on winding coils and how one might choose the correct winding strategy. My interest is understanding the difference with say a heavily wound power transformer using laminations and how this might be different to a similar sized power transformer using a metglass core. I thought you might have looked at this and pondered the same question. Or someone else might be able to assist.

Keep digging! When digging my footings, on the corner boundary of our property we came across an old rubbish dump. It contained very many "Old"bottles and some salvageable pottery pieces. We also got a lot of damaged pieces until we realised what we were digging up. No Gold though!

Regards

Dwane

Comment

• That's actually a bus bar, it's zinc-plated copper and quite heavy. It will go on the wall inside the shop and serve as a common tie point for grounding experiments. I'm also a ham radio operator and my shop doubles as a ham shack so it will also do double duty as an RF ground for antennas and equipment. The ground plate is the old radiator I showed on the tailgate of my truck a few posts back, that's what will get buried. I still need to do some wire brushing and maybe an acid wash to get it as clean as possible (for a piece of old junk). Then I will make some of the ground enhancement mix using the chemicals I have left from the last time I dug an improved ground, and put that all around the grounding plate before burying it. The disturbed soil should have improved percolation and should get remoistened with every rain, or I can go out with a hose and water it if necessary.

The shop building has a standard 8 foot electrical code ground rod about 20 feet away from where the ground plate will go, so with two independent grounds I can use some measurements and analysis to get an idea of how good my ground is.

And yes, I am fully committed to this project, the project that's taken over my life. I have sacrificed a promising career and now more than one profitable business in order to have the opportunity to do this research. For most of the last ten years now, and almost exclusively for the last five or so, I really have done nothing else. I am either going to figure it out, or I'm going to die trying. Seeing as how I live without health insurance and have a number of health issues, this is not an idle threat. In the past, money has been a major obstacle since as we all know, R&D can be extremely expensive and most of us just have a hobby budget. But I invested in bitcoin early on, and now it's changed my life. I don't have enough money to go blowing it on frivolous stuff, but I can afford to buy what I need for the project now.

Originally posted by Dwane View Post
                                On the Don's energy devices. I have been looking at the AmbientenergyGenerator: looks slightly less difficult to my current frustration device. This is the device that uses a large flat isolating platform using a copper sheet, pane of glass and aluminium sheet as backing plate. i have been contemplating the metglass transformer shown.. I have done a bit of research and it seems that High frequency is the name of the game for metglass, although they are supposed to offer excellent results for power transformer at 50/60hz. However, I cannot find any information on winding coils and how one might choose the correct winding strategy. My interest is understanding the difference with say a heavily wound power transformer using laminations and how this might be different to a similar sized power transformer using a metglass core. I thought you might have looked at this and pondered the same question. Or someone else might be able to assist.
                                Thankfully transformer design is totally standard, off-the-shelf electrical engineering. Many textbooks and websites have all the information you need to do proper transformer design. Metglas mainly has two things: very high permeability, making it good for inductor designs, and very low core loss, making it good for transformers up to 100 KHz or so. I assume Don's use of metglas in that diagram was to capture the "magnetic waves" he's saying are coming from the back side of the capacitor. In this case the transformer would be acting somewhat like a guitar pickup, where the magnetic field around the transformer induces some current into the windings. For maximum sensitivity you'd probably just want a large number of turns around a core to see if you can get any results at all, this is one of Don's ideas I haven't personally spent any time experimenting with. Maybe as a proof of concept, just borrow the ferrite loopstick antenna from a salvaged AM radio, they come with windings already installed, usually of litz wire, or just wind a bunch of turns of something thin on it and see if there's a signal when near the capacitor.

I did manage to get a couple large metglas C-cores from ebay a while back, but the problem is that they didn't come with any bobbins to put the windings on! When you buy them from the manufacturer they are supposed to come with the bobbins. I have spent some time trying to design and fabricate something usable as a bobbin (paperboard works if you just want to throw a few turns of wire on it) but I haven't been really happy with anything I've come up with yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X