Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryross View Post
    Thanks janost
    I assume that the ground rod is the dipole which works better than just the open ended coil... has anyone tried an antenna instead of the ground?
    If I grabb the grounding end of the coil with my hand (no chocks felt) the output is stronger so yes, an antenna could work.

If i do that I guess it is pulling the electrons out of my body and the ground I'm standing on.

It is extremly important that the HV-coil is connected the correct way around so that the kickback pulse is positive in respect to the ground.

The other way around and the cap wont charge.

This is really interesting stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
      My circuit proves that you dont need real HV like ignition-coils or MOTs for this to work.

My theory is that it is actually the sparkgap and the ground-rod that does the magic.

Perhaps also the resonant ringing in the stepdown transformer.
      Unfortunately, without a spark gap and high-potential will not work.
      As we know Tesla was working with a high potential.
      The brightly burning lamps and LEDs - this is not serious.
      Only the balance of power - the only valid criterion!

Comment

• Yes very, very interesting

Janost,

Thank you for sharing this very interesting "Self running" experiment!
        It would be great if you could post a picture or a little more guidance for a replication.

The comment on HV is probably going to be realised someday[everything "Evolves"] and Your observations on the ground are very interesting also!

Can you get reliable measurements?

You sound like a very sincere and honest man!

Thank you
        Chet
        Last edited by RAMSET; 07-23-2012, 11:35 AM.
        If you want to Change the world
        BE that change !!

Comment

• Wrong cap values

There is a mistake on the right-hand side of the drawing. There is a comment that there is a cap bank of 4 caps. Then a total value of 40uf @ 8kv is shown as the value of the bank. If you put 4 10uf caps @ 2kv in series you get 2.5uf at 8kv. If you put them in parallel you get 40uf @ 2kv. You can't get 40uf @ 8kv from 4 10uf @ 2kv caps. Also what is the value of the cap next to the spark gap?

Originally posted by clarence View Post
          Hello Mr Clean, & all

in the attached thumb nail I came across a similar schematic of of dons chap #3 in patricks feng files. I modified it slightly according to everthing I saw when stop action scrolling you you tube video. I believe its very close. would you make any necessary comments please sir. thanks in advance, mike onward!
          Respectfully,
          Carroll
          Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

The transformers are stock.
            The stepup comes from a bugzapper and the stepdown is a 230v to 9v wallwart.

The GDT is just a flurocent-tube lighter with the supression cap cut out.
            The exact breakdown voltage is 196v.

The GDT actually pulses the primary of the stepdown but on the secondary there is a ringdown happening with the transformers self-resonant frequency.
            That is why I only half-rectified it instead of a bridge to keep the ringing.

I have burned out a couple of wallwart transformer running them with just a sparkgap before I figured out a GDT and the AV-plug performs excellent and the GDT fires before the primary winding breaks down.

The AV-plug does not put any strain on the stepup secondary as it charges passively.

I guess that the caps won't charge on a lower voltage because of leakage in the diodes.
            We have 230v lines in my country and if connect the AV-plug to the livewire of a wallplug it only charges to about 6,5volts.
            What are the amp specs on the wall wart you used.
            Thank you for sharing.
            Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• I suppose component values would change using 120 v 60 cycles as we use here in the US.
              I wonder they sell international adapters to run appliances I know they change the voltage but do they also change the frequency.

Comment

• It was Walter Russel that seemingly had success with bucking coils.
                A bucking coil configuration would have either two norths on the outside or two souths, effectively suppressing one monopole and letting north run to north cw to cw or south ccw to ccw.

Leedskalnin's Double Helical Magnetic Interaction - YouTube
                This vid shows that a cw twist will run with a cw twist but try that with a cw twisted coil and a ccw twisted coil, they will not run with each other, He is not showing the magnetic field interaction he is showing the electricity (monopole) interaction, there is also a ccw angle of propagation within the magnetic field and it has to be accounted for.

This is a very simple but important experiment Scalar Faraday Disc & Magnetic Spin - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by citfta View Post
                  There is a mistake on the right-hand side of the drawing. There is a comment that there is a cap bank of 4 caps. Then a total value of 40uf @ 8kv is shown as the value of the bank. If you put 4 10uf caps @ 2kv in series you get 2.5uf at 8kv. If you put them in parallel you get 40uf @ 2kv. You can't get 40uf @ 8kv from 4 10uf @ 2kv caps. Also what is the value of the cap next to the spark gap?

Respectfully,
                  Carroll
                  Hello Citfta & all,

Carroll I stand corrected for the cap value of my previous post and yes the bank would be parallel of 4 ea 10uf @ 2000v. I did edit the thumbnail in my previous post and also attached it again here showing that the first C value would be determined by the Luh value of the L1 coil for the specific frequency of the driving NST to bring both to reasonance. thanks for your astuteness and concern, always,mike onward!
                  Last edited by clarence; 08-30-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Try this one.
                    It is a selfrunner but only when there is a real grounding rod attached.

And I´m not even asking a penny for it

[ATTACH]11799[/ATTACH]
                    Hi Janost,

Have you tried to optimize this circuit? I mean for instance the 40mA current draw by the blocking oscillator sounds high to me, though it may be needed to drive the rest of the circuit. So increasing the 1 kOhm base resistor could influence the circuit gradually towards the no-go self sustaining state (with ground attached)? Of course, increasing the 1 kOhm surely changes the oscillator frequency, a good thing to keep this in mind. What is the approximate oscillator frequency? though I guess it is not critical.
                    Regarding the 1N4007 diodes, they were manufactured for 50/60 Hz and if the oscillator runs in the several kHz range or even higher, you may wish to use fast or ultrafast diodes like the UF4007 or similar. The UF4000 diode series has the same current and voltage spec like the old 1N4000 series but the switching time is under 100 nanosec, versus the millisec speed of the 1N4000s.
                    The 630nF could be assembled from several paralleled smaller values, this way the resultant equivalent loss resistance gets reduced.
                    Maybe you could connect a capacitor (small value, say some ten pF) in parallel with the step-down transformer's primary input coil to enhance ringing? if it is beneficial of course.
                    I also ask the ground leg of the secondary coil of the step-up transformer where you show the ground road is not connected also to the negative point of the 3.6V battery? No need for such connection? just because of the Avramenko plug?

Thanks, Gyula
                    Last edited by gyula; 07-23-2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for Sharing

Originally posted by janost View Post
                      Try this one.
                      It is a selfrunner but only when there is a real grounding rod attached.

And I´m not even asking a penny for it

[ATTACH]11799[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks for sharing and most importantly not charging a penny...

Ged

Comment

Try this one.
                        [ATTACH]11799[/ATTACH]
                        I did; too hi frequency on output, janost, it discharging while running, but, the good news's after disconnection the battery getting voltage back higher than before start.
                        Anyway this setup is promising.
                        I'll keep in touch if get something better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                          Hi mr clean, There is nothing in that video to suggest that the three "next to"
                          not "remote" secondaries are powering their LED's from the power of one LED.
                          Nothing what so ever. Most likely the setup is using a few hundred or so mA
                          to even work, with one, two, three, or four LED's.

No input/output power is shown, so no conclusions can be made. The fact no
                          power measurements are shown tells me it is likely way under unity.

Saying that is over 100% efficient is like pointing at an regular inverter
                          powering 1 bulb then add 3 more and say it is now powering 4 bulbs on the
                          power of one, there is no more reason/evidence to suggest the smith setup is
                          doing it than any regular power inverter is doing it with no in/out
                          measurements. To find the efficiency of an inverter or anything you must
                          make proper measurements it can't be done by looking at lights.

Cheers
                          I agree that there are no measurements to be compared, (not that you would believe them anyway hehe)

And yes i wouldnt consider LEDs to be a load worthy of bragging about, but to me this is a tuning video, not the actual load

It would be interesting to hear from DEDcolorado about its output and input.

It only makes sense that if the primary is in resonance, and the proximal secondaries are in magnetic range, then they should recieve just like tuning 3 radios to a radio station.
                          And the high resistance in primary allowing only a tiny amount of current thru, while the secondaries are at maximum response.

only one way to find out right?
                          In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                          In the expert's mind there are few.
                          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by clarence View Post
                            Hello Mr Clean, & all

in the attached thumb nail I came across a similar schematic of of dons chap #3 in patricks feng files. I modified it slightly according to everthing I saw when stop action scrolling you you tube video. I believe its very close. would you make any necessary comments please sir. thanks in advance, mike onward!
                            nice one buddy, except i have the cap on the pos side of the spark gap, prob doesnt matter tho, good stuff.

so if you want to use a single terminal like the PVM500 then you can use the HV terminal to forward diode, and the other end of HV flyback/ground wire to the other end of sparkgap
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• tuning vs powering

here is what im saying, this is a tuning vid... but indicating the working principle, and the LEDs arent lighting for no reason, there is a very specific reason they are lighting...resonance energy...
                              which as you have all seen is more powerful than not resonating. (light... or NO light) pretty basic

smit1 - YouTube

this next vid tho is a load video, different setup, but i just want to show that the small magnet wire IS capable of powering a full 100 watts, etc..,

classic Tesla transformer - YouTube

and here in my video to show tuning

Don Smith Device Project Part 32: Stepdown Coil Tune and Resonance at 53Khz - YouTube

and lastly the result of this "tuning" on real load, for those who havent seen.

Don Smith Device Project Part 33: full watt bulb vs Smith stepdown comparison - YouTube

its progress anyway
                              Last edited by mr.clean; 07-24-2012, 07:58 PM.
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• hi all
                                anyone understand how this circuit works?

This scheme is the basis from which to start an understanding of circuit design Smith.

Comment

Working...
                                X