No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching the circuit simulation in the last post I made convinces me even more of something I have suspected for a long time, there is a positive flow of positrons (for lack of a better word) flowing in a circuit as well as electrons in the opposite direction. There is no way the engine block is supplying 7000 volts it takes to jump the gap in a spark plug.
    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Cmon boys and girls lets work this out, like my old mentor used to say use your head for something besides a hat rack.

Comment

• Originally posted by quantumuppercut View Post
        I'm not sure how anyone could find anomaly base on this thinking.
        The premise was that the setup was powering the load entirely on reactive
        power, he claimed a power factor of 0.00, I maintain an unchanging power
        factor of Zero is highly unlikely. Only real power can power a load, reactive
        power by definition is power that is NOT consumed by the load and is returned
        to the supply. How can reactive power be both not consumed/returned to the
        supply and also consumed to power a load ? Simple answer is it cannot. As
        soon as energy is dissipated in the load real power is consumed, how can it be
        any other way ? Reactive power is not powering any loads anywhere anytime.

A snapshot of a phase angle is only a single point in time, if the phase angle is
        observed in a running transformer in my experience it fluctuates even if very
        slightly.

As Level points out the the clamp meter measuring the input current is far
        from ideal, if there was a discrepancy of 12 mA eg. 104.8 volts x 0.015 mA = 1.572 W x .259 = 407mW (just under unity)
        combined with a power factor variation of a few percent say 72 degrees
        cos(72)= 0.309 x 1.572 mW = 485 mW which when divided into the output of 403 mW is 83 % efficient.

Just an example to show that the measurements need to be accurate with
        low power measurement even a small measurement or calibration error could
        show a big difference in the results.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
          I think some people are here to bury and lead away the direction of the progress, we have about ten pages of utter bs, when we find ou there will be no wondering about inputs and outputs we will know absolutely we are getting out more than we are putting in. (((good grief))))

Ya know we try to get ou and then loop the system, maybe we need to loop the system and then try for ou, and we also try to loop back to the secondary with our load, maybe we need to loop back to the source through caps(not direct) and back to the primary.
          Well then maybe the thread should be kept on topic. Mr Clean was positive he
          had OU, turns out he didn't. How was the truth of the matter arrived at ?

Certainly not by back patting and blind faith. The truth was arrived at by
          verifying the measurement process used was invalid (step one) and when a
          valid measurement procedure was implemented the truth was obvious.

Let me ask you one simple question. Do you want the truth ?

This thread was repeatedly taken off topic by Zilano, who repeatedly posted
          video's of fakes and claimed they were real OU. Obviously Zilano had no idea
          what Zilano was looking at or talking about, and also obvious is that Zilano
          was lying about the 10 KW device Zilano claimed to have and claimed was
          going to show. Considering Zilano's inability to distinguish fake from real, zilano
          would have had no idea if Zilano had OU or not. And yet people post words
          like "Zilano tried to teach us about cold electricity" incredible.

Zilano in my opinion was just a copy and paster.

Cheers

Comment

• Understimating reactive power is the common mistake.

In conventional engineering it is simply wasted in most circuits.
            Bedini uses that to charge his batteries.
            LS uses it to recycle and charge capacitors back.
            Tesla used that for one wire/wireless energy transfer.
            D. Smith used that for his generators.
            And the list can be very long here...

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
              Understimating reactive power is the common mistake.

In conventional engineering it is simply wasted in most circuits.
              Bedini uses that to charge his batteries.
              LS uses it to recycle and charge capacitors back.
              Tesla used that for one wire/wireless energy transfer.
              D. Smith used that for his generators.
              And the list can be very long here...

No it is not, it is returned to the supply, this gives the difference between
              apparent power and real power.

Bedini does not use reactive power returning to the supply to charge
              batteries. He uses the emf produced by the energy of the collapsing magnetic
              field to charge batteries, if any energy is returned to the supply it did not
              charge the charge battery, only the energy that does not charge the charge
              battery and is returned to the supply is represented by reactive power.
              The energy that charged the battery is represented by real power consumed.

The reactive power in a Telsa transformer is not powering any loads, when
              power is drawn from a Tesla transmission system to power a load it is real
              power taken out of the system.

Real power is consumed, reactive power is not, reactive power does no useful
              work.

You are mistaken. Reactive power cannot power loads, only real power can
              power loads.
              Reactive power is (activity) only, real power represents energy dissipated
              from a load.
              Reactive power represents energy that is not dissipated in a load and is returned to the supply.

Bedini actually improves the power factor of his energizers by reducing the
              reactive power returned to the supply from the stored energy in the coil
              which powers the wheel, he does that by transforming it to real power in a
              load.

Residential consumers do not pay for reactive power because it is not used or
              wasted it is returned to the supply, the only waste is in the increased current
              between the supply and the device returning the reactive power.

Cheers
              Last edited by Farmhand; 12-02-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                The reactive power in a Telsa transformer is not powering any loads, when
                power is drawn from a Tesla transmission system to power a load it is real
                power taken out of the system.

Real power is consumed, reactive power is not, reactive power does no useful
                work.

You are mistaken. Reactive power cannot power loads, only real power can
                power loads.
                Reactive power is (activity) only, real power represents energy dissipated
                from a load.
                Reactive power represents energy that is not dissipated in a load and is returned to the supply.

Cheers
                I will not go deep into discussion just there are some things:
                The Tesla coil powered receivers -after- capacitor discharge and stopping plasma in spark gap on transmitting coil primary, not at the moment of discharge.
                D. Smith collected BEMF (you name it) into capacitors banks in his board in same way as Tesla.
                Bedini uses BEMF to charge batteries...

And the reactive power is inertia mainly just in electricity it got large dictionary of names for same thing. And with inertia when you stop pushing mass it still has energy to continue movement. This is where I have a point.
                Last edited by T-1000; 12-02-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

The premise was that the setup was powering the load entirely on reactive
                  power, he claimed a power factor of 0.00, I maintain an unchanging power
                  factor of Zero is highly unlikely. Only real power can power a load, reactive
                  power by definition is power that is NOT consumed by the load and is returned
                  to the supply. How can reactive power be both not consumed/returned to the
                  supply and also consumed to power a load ? Simple answer is it cannot. As
                  soon as energy is dissipated in the load real power is consumed, how can it be
                  any other way ? Reactive power is not powering any loads anywhere anytime.

A snapshot of a phase angle is only a single point in time, if the phase angle is
                  observed in a running transformer in my experience it fluctuates even if very
                  slightly.

As Level points out the the clamp meter measuring the input current is far
                  from ideal, if there was a discrepancy of 12 mA eg. 104.8 volts x 0.015 mA = 1.572 W x .259 = 407mW (just under unity)
                  combined with a power factor variation of a few percent say 72 degrees
                  cos(72)= 0.309 x 1.572 mW = 485 mW which when divided into the output of 403 mW is 83 % efficient.

Just an example to show that the measurements need to be accurate with
                  low power measurement even a small measurement or calibration error could
                  show a big difference in the results.

Cheers
                  I thought you're all about energy from ambient. The way I vision is reactive power use to draw in energy from ambient. I believe the reason when you draw more energy from input when loading is a reduction in inductance and resonance is lost. Adjusting frequency would gets you back to resonance.

The difference between 3 mA and 12 mA is 400% measurement error. Usually error margin is +/- .

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                    Iv been thinking about the TPU, I think the magnet placed on the choke sitting atop the toroid saturates the core of the choke therefore allowing a broader spectrum of energy to enter the system.
                    I noticed when SM loaded the TPU he made no adjustments to his circuitry he had to be using a self resonating circuit so he wasnt using a pwm, he must have been using a self resonating circuit like this, but without the massive current draw.
                    By tweaking the components we should be able to make this circuit work using less amperage.
                    Isnt this how a magnetic amplifier works you saturate the core with a dc field therefore allowing ac to pass.

Comment

• http://www.themeasuringsystemofthego...amplifiers.pdf
                      For some reason I cant edit last post.

Comment

• hi all, just wanted to show this for people who may not have seen..

девайс Смита в финальной сборке.3gp - YouTube
                        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                        In the expert's mind there are few.
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Where to start?

This has been one of my favorite threads and I have spent most of the day getting caught up. For anyone new to this thread I would like to recommend posts #8193 and 8225. With well over 8,000 posts in this this thread, it is a huge monster and over the months, I have read and re-read all of them. Well, I do exagerate some.

My Don Smith replication did not live up to my expectation, but I will try again soon. Electric flux and magnetic flux have their similarities but also their differences. I don't see clear proof in physical science that in an open system OU is impossible. Notice I said open systems. Like solar cells and windmills, if you carefully define the "box" that is your system it should be clear that much is to be learned, even by "amateurs" and experimenters.

I keep coming back to this thread because I want to hear MORE success stories. I believe I will read more success stories in this forum, even if some are fake success stories. But, if you are like me, you too want to see the "little" person benefit from science. This is not happening fast enough. We need to be willing to share our knowledge and theories and even our secrets to make this happen.

BTW, the magnetic amplifier pdf was also very good.

For Don Smith device success, I intend to focus on resonance and frequency. The main coil set needs to be designed and tuned for resonance. And, the frequency needs to be relatively high. I am aiming for RF frequencies in my next build. Would anyone who has had some success with Don Smith replication like to suggest a target frequency and share any construction ideas that would trim costs?
                          There is a reason why science has been successful and technology is widespread. Don't be afraid to do the math and apply the laws of physics.

Comment

• can anyone tell me what is being said in this vid by Dynatron/Destine?...please? titled Преобразование "холодного тока " в "горячий".... "converting cold current to Hot"

Преобразование "холодного тока " в "горячий" - YouTube
                            Last edited by mr.clean; 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM.
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Well then maybe the thread should be kept on topic. Mr Clean was positive he
                              had OU, turns out he didn't. How was the truth of the matter arrived at ?

Certainly not by back patting and blind faith. The truth was arrived at by
                              verifying the measurement process used was invalid (step one) and when a
                              valid measurement procedure was implemented the truth was obvious.

Let me ask you one simple question. Do you want the truth ?

This thread was repeatedly taken off topic by Zilano, who repeatedly posted
                              video's of fakes and claimed they were real OU. Obviously Zilano had no idea
                              what Zilano was looking at or talking about, and also obvious is that Zilano
                              was lying about the 10 KW device Zilano claimed to have and claimed was
                              going to show. Considering Zilano's inability to distinguish fake from real, zilano
                              would have had no idea if Zilano had OU or not. And yet people post words
                              like "Zilano tried to teach us about cold electricity" incredible.

Zilano in my opinion was just a copy and paster.

Cheers
                              well to be clear about my exact beliefs...

while driving high resistance loads, i see things i cant explain.

and driving the 12v 3 watt LED bulbs with my ferrite bitoroid, compared to a single secondary transformer, i see behaviour that very much to me indicates "something extra"
                              it did however show different with the resistor...
                              but then again, it didnt sound the same as when it is driving the LEDs, i still dont think it was the best test for it, im still unsure exactly of its limits.

as for my Smith stuff, it took a while to arrive at my most recent result, but having the correct driver freq and tuning really changed things.

may have seen but to me it never gets old...
                              Don Smith Device Project Part 31: 3 Watts In, 20 Watt Halogen Lit Bright - YouTube
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• T-1000 has right!

What is reactive power

it's not magic, it's our mistake to connect load to power supply that way
                                Every Ou device is just using so called reactive power he he

Comment

Working...
                                X