Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by level View Post
    This project is based on Konstantin Meyl's demo devices (which you can purchase as kits from Meyl's web store), but Meyl is charging a lot of money for his kits. It is very simple however, just two pancake coils which also have primary windings, and some metal spheres, and a simple fullwave bridge rectifier and filter cap connected to the receiver coil. I haven't built this exact setup with the flat pancake coils, but I did a quick setup using regular tesla coils just to see for myself how it works, and I was able to confirm that this does work.

You can power it with an ordinary signal gnerator, so it is a fairly easy project to build and test with. The tricky part is getting the two coils very close to the same resonance frequency. When I can find the time, I want to try the experiment again using pancake coils, and I want to test the effect where this type of power transmission can apparently pass into a faraday cage without any problem to the receiver coil. I think it is interesting as well that on Meyl's device he says the longitudinal wave transmission effect occurs at the second resonance point at around 7 MHz, but apparently it doesn't work the same at the first resonant point around 4 MHz or so.
    Hi Level, I've done those experiments as well, it works for me but I don't
    agree with Meyls opinions and methods on some things.

The Faraday cage will not stop the transmission I don't think because the
    energy is transferred via the wire which will pass through and into the
    Faraday cage anyway.
    What size mesh would be needed for 800 KHz as compared to the mesh size
    for 5 -7 MHz ?

The higher the frequency the more difficult they are to match, I used variable
    capacitors and tuning inductors on the transmitter primary and the receiver
    output coil as well as tuning inductors at the base of the secondaries.

I used three coil transformers (with extra's) and close coupling primary to
    secondary. I am able to run small motors, light LED's and small incandescent
    bulbs from the receiver output coil as well as light fluro's in the hand at the
    transmitter or receiver or wired into the connecting wire between the coils
    240v incandescents will also glow there. More than one receiver can be used
    and it need not be identical as long as the resonant frequency is compatible
    but the energy is shared.

My transformers are 10 turn primary 150 turn secondaries and 250 turn extra
    coils powered by a 12 volt battery and driven now by a PW and frequency
    adjustable single mosfet circuit.

In my opinion if the Faraday cage still allows the transformer to receive or
    send it is confirmation of Tesla's principal of ground currents using the
    connecting wire to penetrate the cage, and nothing to do with "Scalar waves".
    I'm still not convinced that the term "Scalar waves" is even valid or sensical.

For the cage not to interfere with the tuning of the coil it would need to be
    big and some distance from the HV part or (the terminals) of the
    transmitter/receiver to avoid loading the coils that way.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

Comment

• hi mr clean.to clarify my question,recently on this thread,clarence made a couple of recommendations for making connections to coils.wire sizing and coil tips cut square etc.assuming you've read those bits, i just wanted to ask you or anyone else here if you have any thoughts or tips to add with regard to optimizing the resonance or performance of a coil or tank circuit in the way that you connect to it.cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
        hi mr clean.to clarify my question,recently on this thread,clarence made a couple of recommendations for making connections to coils.wire sizing and coil tips cut square etc.assuming you've read those bits, i just wanted to ask you or anyone else here if you have any thoughts or tips to add with regard to optimizing the resonance or performance of a coil or tank circuit in the way that you connect to it.cheers.
        hmm i missed that, i'll have to read back

hey just uploading a very cool quick vid, regarding the new Mazzili circuit im using, will post soon

input:
        12.26vDC 70mA
        output
        21.11vDC after FWBR and cap smoothed across 220 ohms (95mA)

circuit happens to be operating at 221kHz with these coils, but secondary was arbitrary 10 turns, i think if i added more turns the voltage would be even higher.
        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
        In the expert's mind there are few.
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• hi all new vid to share... pretty cool i think, and it does need a bit of work to get the effect here but finally broke the 12v barrier... (when loaded by resistor, the voltage was "almost" never able to push above what the battery voltage)

44 Don Smith Device Project: New Driver, Measuring DC In and Out - YouTube
          Last edited by mr.clean; 03-03-2013, 06:03 PM.
          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
            Hi Level, I've done those experiments as well, it works for me but I don't
            agree with Meyls opinions and methods on some things.
            Hi Farmhand. Ok on your setup and experiments and what you were able to power with it. Sounds like you have it working well. As always, I make no assumptions either way about what is really going on. It is possible that it has something to do with 'one wire power transmission' or ground transmission, but I don't know. Some experiments could likely be set up to try to get a better understanding of what is happening there. Yes, a faraday cage could well untune the transformer if it is too close to the transformer. Someone did a video on youtube where they tuned a radio receiver to the transmitter frequency and placed the radio receiver in a metal cookie tin with the lid on, and the radio receiver continued to receive the transmitted signal (you could still hear it playing). I can't recall whose video that was now however. That might be a good way to test the faraday cage effect without having to have a wire entering the faraday cage, or without having to worry about the faraday cage untuning the transmitter or receiver transformers.

P.S. I found the video I was talking about. It is by TheOldScientist.
            Superluminal Scalar Waves for Communications

Last edited by level; 03-03-2013, 05:33 PM.
            level

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
              hi all new vid to share... pretty cool i think, and it does need a bit of work to get the effect here but finally broke the 12v barrier...
              44 Don Smith Device Project: New Driver, Measuring DC In and Out - YouTube
              Looks good mr. clean. What does the scope waveform look like when you place the scope across the flyback driver DC power input terminals? Is it a flat DC waveform, or is it pulsating DC?
              Last edited by level; 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM.
              level

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r
                hi janost.this is my current setup.i thought it might improve the return with tuning.looks like there's a small gain there.would you have any suggestions to try.cheers.
                Have you tried it?

Comment

• I thought of trying something like this.

It is the Kapanadze config on the secondary.
                  Perhaps adding a capacitor on the second transformer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I figured I try this config first.

The phaseshift between the primary and secondary is 90deg.
                    By wiring the primary and secondary in series and the primary backwards makes a total of 360deg phaseshift.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by janost; 03-03-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• ok.i'll try little caps on my coils.maybe try your sidac between the primary coils on your second trafo or across the secondary of it.maybe try shorting coil/s intermittently,maybe with a cap or two.so many maybe's

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
                        ok.i'll try little caps on my coils.maybe try your sidac between the primary coils on your second trafo or across the secondary of it.maybe try shorting coil/s intermittently,maybe with a cap or two.so many maybe's
                        When i short the secondary, the frequency skyrockets because the inductance of the primary drops.
                        Last edited by janost; 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• But I will try this on ferrite aswell.
                          The freq should be much higher making it more effective.

Winding coils is such a bore.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                            When i short the secondary, the frequency skyrockets because the inductance of the primary drops.
                            Perhaps shorting it with a 50K trimmer?
                            And adjust it for optimal freq?

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
                              Looks good mr. clean. What does the scope waveform look like when you place the scope across the flyback driver DC power input terminals? Is it a flat DC waveform, or is it pulsating DC?
                              yeah im pumped, looks like 0.84 watts running 2.00 watts. i wonder what would happen if i para the caps up to battery and keep reading?

or para the caps up to the battery and remove the battery and read the sustained load voltage?

and i just checked, 11.24v sine from center tap to outer primary leg, and same on bottom leg
                              from the battery, the current thru 1 ohm is not a steady DC, so the current read is actually less i think
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• hi janost.i was thinkin if you can match the sidac trip voltage to a coil that peaks at a slightly higher v ,shorting the coil right on the peak might be worth a try,but then chances are that there is a phase diff. between volts and amps.if amps ties in with field/flux strength then it is suggested that when the amps peak is the time to short the coil.maybe if you can get the power factor to 1 the timing will be right for a go.

Comment

Working...
                                X