No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my toy for this summers experiments.

A solidstate Cappacoil.

I choosed the series sparkgap.

The 2 grounding points can be seen as a capacitor.
    It doesnt matter if its soil or water.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by janost; 04-07-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• hi all. i been thinking about winding insulated magneticly soft iron wire into a coil. or maybe a closewound spring stretched a little bit on a jig and dipped in enamel or resin then released when the insulating layer is tacky/dry, then winding copper magnet wire over the spring, to see if gains can be had when the core is also a coil. can eddy currents be harnessed in this way? is there any increase in the collapsing field spike? i thought about making a bifilar coil, 1 strand of iron,1 strand of copper wound together with some sort of optimised coil shape or geometry. maybe janost's mosfet jt could be more efficient when the coil is the core as well. all hypothetical stuff but i think we have to think outside the box if we are going to crack this.does anyone here have any results from trying this approach or know where to look on the net to find some info? cheers all.

Comment

• in some tpu replication threads (on other forums) people wrote they were using iron wire. Perhaps just google for "iron wire tpu" and u might find something that helps u
        Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
        hi all. i been thinking about winding insulated magneticly soft iron wire into a coil. or maybe a closewound spring stretched a little bit on a jig and dipped in enamel or resin then released when the insulating layer is tacky/dry, then winding copper magnet wire over the spring, to see if gains can be had when the core is also a coil. can eddy currents be harnessed in this way? is there any increase in the collapsing field spike? i thought about making a bifilar coil, 1 strand of iron,1 strand of copper wound together with some sort of optimised coil shape or geometry. maybe janost's mosfet jt could be more efficient when the coil is the core as well. all hypothetical stuff but i think we have to think outside the box if we are going to crack this.does anyone here have any results from trying this approach or know where to look on the net to find some info? cheers all.

Comment

• Hi hotrod68r,

John Bedini showed two video with a simple pulse motor setup which included a single multiturn coil as the stator and some magnets on the rotor. The point was that the coil was made from insulated iron wire, no copper wire was involved. Here are the links to those videos:
          Nathan Stubblefield / Edward Leedskalnin Iron coil Monopole Motor. - YouTube

and Nathan Stubblefield / Edward Leedskalnin Iron coil Monopole Motor 2. - YouTube

and here he again uses copper wire for the coil (with no iron core):
          Iron-less Monopole Motor 2 - YouTube

For insulated iron wire you may look for "florist" wire with coloured PVC insulation or with enameled insulation on ebay:
          Florist Floral Spool Iron Wires | eBay

I agree when you wish to use iron wire together with copper wire then the iron wire can serve as a ferromagnetic core for the total coil. I do not understand how eddy current could be harnessed here? how you mean?
          I would not think there would be any increase in the collapsing field spike when you compare a copper coil with L inductance and R copper resistance to an equivalent iron wire coil with the same L and R values. Remember when comparing or making such coils that iron wire serves or functions as a ferromagnetic core too, so the number of turns should be chosen accordingly to get similar L inductance to the (air core) copper coil. (or use a core to the copper coil to get identical L inductance to that of the iron wire coil)

Greetings,
          Gyula

Originally posted by hotrod68r View Post
          hi all. i been thinking about winding insulated magneticly soft iron wire into a coil. or maybe a closewound spring stretched a little bit on a jig and dipped in enamel or resin then released when the insulating layer is tacky/dry, then winding copper magnet wire over the spring, to see if gains can be had when the core is also a coil. can eddy currents be harnessed in this way? is there any increase in the collapsing field spike? i thought about making a bifilar coil, 1 strand of iron,1 strand of copper wound together with some sort of optimised coil shape or geometry. maybe janost's mosfet jt could be more efficient when the coil is the core as well. all hypothetical stuff but i think we have to think outside the box if we are going to crack this.does anyone here have any results from trying this approach or know where to look on the net to find some info? cheers all.

Comment

• hi to all i see here what is going on if we are traing to reply don device i see that is to many experiments is going but i dont see the don device principe take some exsample from video when he say what is make his device doing and what don say s i remember that he is tune his device about 200mhz his tesla hv. .. whit this experiments i dont see this .. and second his device is producing ozone .. that is the key from his words . take this road from his words maybe whill be faster way to reply .. and the charge that out cap and the put your dc strong inverter to make ac voltage . some people whill be mad for what im saying here but i thing is real and is raid way to reply not to many mixing whit athere setup and athere devices.

Comment

• Originally posted by SunofFather View Post
              Did i right understand, that primary if vibrating on 1 megaherc self frencuency, then secondary coil must vibrate 4 times fatster than primary, to get resonanse betwen primary and secondary?
              yeah its strange, 1/4 wavelength, meaning 4 times less... but everyone tunes to match frequencies it seems.

it seems like Don was matching frequencies, but from experimenting, the primary seems like the spark should be inside the LC, not outside...

...but.. it really should work as Don has it (as that is how i have tuned for resonance in my older vids) ...into tank circuit and out other wire...

so i think maybe it is possible, but should be done more like a crystal set radio, as that is entirely powered by radio waves...
              How a Crystal Radio Works - YouTube

anyway, its easy enough to just make several primaries and test them against one another
              In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
              In the expert's mind there are few.
              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• cheers gyula. nathan stubblefield and earth batteries was most of what i've found so far on searching iron wound to be a coil and core.
                thanks also mainsen.

i know we are not building adams motors but this is a good read, if a bit long. phase shift might be a piece of the puzzle. also it got me thinking about eddy currents and trying to channel them.
                http://www.totallyamped.net/adams/index.html#top

and this got me thinking about coils. and how windings interact.ConicalCoil

know the beast...
                Last edited by hotrod68r; 04-09-2013, 07:35 AM. Reason: details

Comment

• This is how I drive my ignitioncoil at the moment.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I have 700v on a 6v battery and 1700v on a 12v battery.

Dont exactly know how to do this yet but my plan is to charge a 0.15uF capacitor through a 100k resistor.

That should take 0.015s or 66Hz and then fire that into a stepdown coil.

The 100k resistor doesnt give me much load on the HV supply.
                    My plan is that the resistor will be a groundloop like the Kapagen.

High charge impendance and low discharge impendance and in the discharge cycle i have the mass of the ground as a capacitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
                      Here is my toy for this summers experiments.

A solidstate Cappacoil.

I choosed the series sparkgap.

The 2 grounding points can be seen as a capacitor.
                      It doesnt matter if its soil or water.
                      Hi Janost,

Probably a stupid question , but is this circuit a self runner?--Sorry, I'm just an experimenter here .
                      Thanx.--Paul
                      Last edited by Parav; 04-09-2013, 10:38 PM. Reason: sorry guys, that was for post #9139

Comment

• Originally posted by penno64 View Post
                        Anyone heard from Kurt lately ?

Penno
                        hi Penno been away for a while doing experiments
                        im trying to catch up on posts but right now im working on ...stuff

hope to have some new and interesting stuff soon, and i finally got my MetGlass cores for my BiTT and regular trafo experiments

Imageshack - imageqptq.jpg

Imageshack - imageymb.jpg
                        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Quote:
                          Originally Posted by SunofFather
                          Did i right understand, that primary if vibrating on 1 megaherc self frencuency, then secondary coil must vibrate 4 times fatster than primary, to get resonanse betwen primary and secondary?

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                          yeah its strange, 1/4 wavelength, meaning 4 times less... but everyone tunes to match frequencies it seems.

it seems like Don was matching frequencies, but from experimenting, the primary seems like the spark should be inside the LC, not outside...

...but.. it really should work as Don has it (as that is how i have tuned for resonance in my older vids) ...into tank circuit and out other wire...

so i think maybe it is possible, but should be done more like a crystal set radio, as that is entirely powered by radio waves...
                          How a Crystal Radio Works - YouTube

anyway, its easy enough to just make several primaries and test them against one another
                          Yeah Mr Clean is correct, the primary should vibrate at the same frequency as
                          the secondary but when loaded in my opinion.

If the primary is made four times shorter than the secondary that doesn't mean
                          it will necessarily vibrate four time faster anyway. When the correct value capacitors are added
                          to the primary it's resonant frequency should end up the same as the
                          secondary, however the primary can have a harmonic relationship with the
                          secondary in a couple of ways. The discharge frequency can be a harmonic,
                          I found a 1/3 frequency of excitation of the primary is the most effective
                          harmonic other than full frequency excitation.

If the setup is tuned for maximum voltage with no load on the secondary
                          when a load is added to the secondary the parameters will change and put
                          the secondary out of tune with the primary.

The system needs to be tuned with the load in place.

By all means make the primary 1/4 the length of the secondary, but add
                          capacitors to the primary to make it resonate at the same frequency as the
                          secondary, also making the primary very close to the same weight as the
                          secondary can help.

eg. if the secondary is 20 meters of 1 mm wire then by cutting the same length
                          of 20 meters of 1 mm wire into four lengths and adding them together in
                          parallel you'll have a primary 1/4 the length of the secondary but the same
                          weight, then adding capacitors will adjust the primary frequency to match the
                          secondary.

Once the primary and secondary resonant frequencies match even a single
                          discharge of the capacitor will cause a resonating response from the
                          transformer. And discharges at certain harmonic rates will have better effects.

Cheers
                          Last edited by Farmhand; 04-10-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                            hi Penno been away for a while doing experiments
                            im trying to catch up on posts but right now im working on ...stuff

hope to have some new and interesting stuff soon, and i finally got my MetGlass cores for my BiTT and regular trafo experiments

Imageshack - imageqptq.jpg

Imageshack - imageymb.jpg
                            There is one idea you might try out in BiTToroid - when one of secondaries get opposite polarity coming from primary via twisted core:

So you would have opposite lenz force in secondaries which would have shortest magnetic path between themselves...

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                              There is one idea you might try out in BiTToroid - when one of secondaries get opposite polarity coming from primary via twisted core:

So you would have opposite lenz force in secondaries which would have shortest magnetic path between themselves...

Cheers!
                              Hi T actually you're right on, in my last BiTT vid with smoothed DC measurements i am taking power from the separate wound, series connected, high Current coils, with HV secondaries underneath (not a secret )

and that is how the output finally went above the battery voltage.
                              only thing is it is load sensitive/ resistance must be chosen, and im not saying overunity just from the higher v across the load, LED bulbs cant really be used for measuring, but it was a milestone

ive found that no matter how high the volts, it "usually" collapses across the load to roughly a bit under what the supply is putting in, but here the voltage sustained, and it's very tough to tell in some cases being that the in and out are so close to (sometimes above) ...what would be expected
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by Parav View Post
                                Hi Janost,

Probably a stupid question , but is this circuit a self runner?--Sorry, I'm just an experimenter here .
                                Thanx.--Paul
                                I dont know.

The circuit does not yet have a loopback because I dont know what I'll get at the other end.

What I do is charge the ground with HV and fire that into a stepdown using the ground as a large capacitor.

The ground is still froozen where I live so I cant try that yet.

What I do know is that the circuit uses 12v@60mA input to run.

To be able to loop it, the output has to be more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X