Holcomb Energy Systems - the Holy Grail may have arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rakarskiy View Post
    I don't think the technology is not working! The question is how they are trying to make it work (unfortunately there is no sufficient demonstration of the possibilities). Any synchronous electromagnetic generator does not tolerate reactive sources (reverse energy) that are present in the circuit with the loads that the generator provides power to. The Holcomb generator is no exception. This system has a very serious output voltage regulation problem. I have explained these difficulties to two replicators of a similar system (via transistor control and collector-brush assembly). So the best solution is to use it as a charger. The second is an accurate calculation of the system - magnetic circuit. Variant of the design, which is demonstrated in the video I have doubts. Rather in the variant from the video with capacitors, Holcomb tries to make an asynchronous generator, in the design of which there is little confidence, for the solid-state variant (in the end it will be a transformer). A proper Holcomb solid-state machine will be more expensive, even with full equipment, compared to an electric generator driven by an internal combustion engine of similar power. It is clear that they tried to make the construction cheaper, but I think in vain.

794795825.jpg
    Induction generators use a squirrel cage rotor (the same as in an induction motor).
    If my assumptions are correct, they are wasting their time. In synchronous generators, the magnetic field of excitation has a constant component. It does not matter whether it is a permanent magnet or a controlled electromagnet, the result must be a constant looped magnetic flux.

The best thing for the technology is not to get involved in global energy (they will not be able to replace large-capacity power plants), but to focus on autonomous devices for water transport, for example. If ageing ambitions prevail, the future is not bright.
    Hi Rakarskiy,

You say
    "Any synchronous electromagnetic generator does not tolerate reactive sources (reverse energy) that are present in the circuit with the loads that the generator provides power to."

That statement is inconsistent with fact. Synchronous machines are often employed to manage reactive sources and loads. Reference the article below.
    ​​​​​​

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronous_condenser

bi

Comment

Hello Bystander!!!

Thanks for the link, I was not very informed about this application of synchronous generator.
      I would like to point out that these devices are installed in a circuit with the main synchronous machine generating power to take reactive power from the grid to itself.
      For the main machine generating power for the grid, reactive power is unacceptable and harmful.
      If the Holcomb machine is a compensator, then there is no question, but by design, the Holcomb machine is an energy source.
      That's why I don't trust measurements without a schematic, with points in the circuit where the information comes from.
      The example in the figure for an induction generator with capacitors (squirrel cage rotor) is positions 1 and 2 for an ammeter. In this case, an active load must be connected to the phase wires.

1379444.jpg

Correct, only the amount of energy in kWh (actual operation during an hour), input and output measurements at maximum operating load.
      Investing in a project (even with a 300% guarantee of product performance) is always a risk.
      I have been approached with questions about investing, I simply give a list of risks that this project has, the decision is left to them. Human and administrative factors. Whose interests do you represent? I wish with all my heart that Holcomb Energy Systems manages its risks.

Comment

Hello Bystander!!!

Thanks for the link, I was not very informed about this application of synchronous generator.
        I would like to point out that these devices are installed in a circuit with the main synchronous machine generating power to take reactive power from the grid to itself.
        For the main machine generating power for the grid, reactive power is unacceptable and harmful.
        If the Holcomb machine is a compensator, then there is no question, but by design, the Holcomb machine is an energy source.
        That's why I don't trust measurements without a schematic, with points in the circuit where the information comes from.
        The example in the figure for an induction generator with capacitors (squirrel cage rotor) is positions 1 and 2 for an ammeter. In this case, an active load must be connected to the phase wires.

1379444.jpg

Correct, only the amount of energy in kWh (actual operation during an hour), input and output measurements at maximum operating load.
        Investing in a project (even with a 300% guarantee of product performance) is always a risk.
        I have been approached with questions about investing, I simply give a list of risks that this project has, the decision is left to them. Human and administrative factors. Whose interests do you represent? I wish with all my heart that Holcomb Energy Systems manages its risks.
        Hello Rakarskiy,

You say
        "Whose interests do you represent?"

Me? I represent only myself, my own interest. Call me an interested observer. Since retirement, I do like to stay involved in the technical/scientific aspects of electromechanical energy conversion although perhaps in an unorthodox field. Thank you very much.
        bi

Comment

Hello bistander,

In one thing we are exactly the same, I’m retired too!

One of my latest works: OVER UNITS ELECTRODYNAMICS * DC MOTOR AND GENERATOR

Comment

Unconfirmed:

Dr Donald

Re: None

Tuesday, 09/24/2024 9:13:38 PM

Just here to share some important information.

Dr. Holcomb and Ellen Holcomb of Holcomb Energy Systems (HES) have abandoned the Sarasota HES Premises some 4 weeks ago to destination unknown, they also failed to appear in Court 4 times. Apparently, they did this on the last bankruptcy proceedings when they escaped to Australia and New Zealand, so they know that they were truly boxed in again this time around.

Furthermore, Ron Loudoun and Astra Energy know of this but have remained quiet, rumor has it that Dan Claycamp, Astra COO and executive assistant at HES has also abandoned Sarasota where his apartment has been used as Astra's new HQ.

No doubt this will have a material effect on the joint venture arrangements between Astra and HES.
            from (without permission):
            https://investorshub.advfn.com/board...e_id=175134264

bi

Edit.
            The source website has deleted the quoted post, so validity is suspect.

Edit #2.
            From referenced website this morning
            Nicky L

Re: PC retired post# 6885

Wednesday, 09/25/2024 7:22:12 AM

Yeah, I read it too and it's confirmed by solid sources to be true, they have left Florida, and nobody knows where to, been missing a month now
            Last edited by bistander; 09-25-2024, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hello, bizander!

The HES project was commercial from the first minute. The system proposed by Dr Holcomb is quite workable and overlaps with other projects where the rotor solenoids are switched by a moving collector-brush switch, with a fixed rotor in the stator. This system has its own technical challenges. The first is the scaling and operation of the generator directly in the grid with dynamic and diverse consumers (output voltage regulation?). It is easier to design a HES as an autonomous battery charger. Therefore, all lawsuits challenging the system's performance will lead to nothing. When the patent was granted in the US, there must have been appropriate agreements with the system, so the fact that we have a functioning generator, even if it has limited technical capabilities, is important to me. In the foreseeable future, these generators will be available to users only with the permission of the system.

You can make a small one for yourself, but you won't be able to organise production without the permission of Dr Holcomb or Park Jae-sung.

Park Jae Sung patent US8629588B2, adjusted expiry date 2030-12-17

US8629588B2 - Apparatus for generating alternating current power by direct current supply brush that rotates with field pole generator, and apparatus for generating direct current power - Google Patents

Wise Eye OverUnity: Electric generator with solid state magnetic rotor. (rakatskiy.blogspot.com)

Comment

Hello, bizander!

The HES project was commercial from the first minute. The system proposed by Dr Holcomb is quite workable and overlaps with other projects where the rotor solenoids are switched by a moving collector-brush switch, with a fixed rotor in the stator. This system has its own technical challenges. The first is the scaling and operation of the generator directly in the grid with dynamic and diverse consumers (output voltage regulation?). It is easier to design a HES as an autonomous battery charger. Therefore, all lawsuits challenging the system's performance will lead to nothing. When the patent was granted in the US, there must have been appropriate agreements with the system, so the fact that we have a functioning generator, even if it has limited technical capabilities, is important to me. In the foreseeable future, these generators will be available to users only with the permission of the system.

You can make a small one for yourself, but you won't be able to organise production without the permission of Dr Holcomb or Park Jae-sung.

Park Jae Sung patent US8629588B2, adjusted expiry date 2030-12-17

US8629588B2 - Apparatus for generating alternating current power by direct current supply brush that rotates with field pole generator, and apparatus for generating direct current power - Google Patents

Wise Eye OverUnity: Electric generator with solid state magnetic rotor. (rakatskiy.blogspot.com)
                Hi Rakarskiy,

Refer to my posts #3 and #10. I don't need to repeat and neither do you.
                bi

Comment

It is interesting to listen to the agony of objections to this slide. Yes, Dr. Holcomb has such a design of an electromechanical converter, where the electromagnetic moment of the generator is reduced by four times. I have not figured out the structure of this generator, but I think it is worth studying. And you shout that this is impossible, because it is not written in the physics textbook.

862473767.jpg

Comment

It is interesting to listen to the agony of objections to this slide. Yes, Dr. Holcomb has such a design of an electromechanical converter, where the electromagnetic moment of the generator is reduced by four times. I have not figured out the structure of this generator, but I think it is worth studying. And you shout that this is impossible, because it is not written in the physics textbook.

862473767.jpg
                    I'd say stupid, not interesting. A pulley ratio of 4 yields COP = 4.0? Really? NOT.
                    Waste of time.
                    bi

Comment

Видео | Facebook
                      https://www.facebook.com/share/v/19JMr73bFB/

Comment

It says

"100Kw generator, replaced with 48 rotor configuration, each rotor shielded in mu metal & isolated, and then produced 4 times input power."

You'll believe anything.
                        bi

Comment

What I understood is that another inventor had prototypes too. Therefore, it is premature to say a categorical "no".

Syair Putra Generator single phase 10 kw Modified in ( I WORKSHOP) (youtube.com)
                          New Generator Electric No effect Back EMF Low (youtube.com)

2023-06-15_093334.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X