100-watt light bulb challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100-watt light bulb challenge

Inspired by Eric's crystal radio initiative...

100-Watt Light Bulb Challenge (quora.com)

So Vin:
    How did you decide on the magnetic couplings for this design? There could be so many values to use. How would one wind this coil set to replicate? Couple of 1.5v batts running a 100W bulb?
    thay

Comment

Originally posted by thaelin View Post
      So Vin:
      How did you decide on the magnetic couplings for this design? There could be so many values to use. How would one wind this coil set to replicate? Couple of 1.5v batts running a 100W bulb?
      thay
      I stumbled upon those values of magnetic couplings and then after a few years realized that they are the properties of the golden ratio. You’re right… There could be many different values to use. How to wind those coils? I don’t know! But the voltage to run the thing is very small… less than one battery… You’ll probably have to throw away most of the input power to another ground to make sure that very little power enters the circuit so as to not get in the way of the circuit stimulating its own over-reactance.
      Attached Files

Comment

Am I missing something or is this "circuit" someone's idea of humor?
        Four of the five coils shorted, one micro ohm resistor, three different ground points if I count the Sine wave generator "negative" side? A sine wave generator with a plus and a minus side? Microwave emissions from a 30KHz circuit?
        Etc.
        And a drawing layout that looks more like a maze puzzle than a conventional layout.
        Last edited by ggx9; 01-23-2024, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X