Stingo / Rene-emf Super Efficient Battery Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingo / Rene-emf Super Efficient Battery Charger

Hi all, thought i would start a fresh thread about this oscillator charger, which is the one that gives very sharp pulses at around 1% duty cycle.

I've been making experiments, to discover what coils and wiring format, give this charger the most efficiency.

Upon various tests, i observed charge/discharge cycle efficiencies from 80% to 90% to a little over 100%, when trying different wiring setups, while making controlled charge and discharge cycles, to observe watt/hours used for both charge and discharge cycles.

Here is the nice thing about it, i've been using a 12 volt - 5 ah sealed lead acid battery for testing, which is only 50% efficient at absorbing charge, at least that seems to be the claims about lead acid batteries and charging to 15.50 volts peak under charge, which is even less efficient, because charging lead acid towards the end of charge becomes even less efficient.

That being the case, this setup is doing very well.
    I've been testing many iterations of coil setups.

The best one so far, is using 18awg. speaker wire 100 foot rolls, i'm using the cheaper speaker wire, which is copper clad aluminum.

I made 2 coils so far, each in spiral pancake coil format and wound the easier way, with the speaker wire pair wound vertically, for ease of winding, then hot glued to hold it together.

The pancake coils are stacked on top of each other for better coupling.
    Each speaker wire pair pancake coil, is in parallel and then in series with each other.

This gives each pancake coil a resistance of 600 milliohms, because the speaker wires are in parallel, then the pancake coils are wired in series to give 1.2 ohms total resistance.
    Each 18awg. speaker wire pancake coil in parallel, which effectively makes it into a 15 awg. wire, instead of 18awg..

I'm using a buck/boost converter with digital readout, so i can see and control what is being input to the charger circuit.

Then using a digital charger, to observe and control exact amp hours being discharged.

I will post pictures of the setup and schematics when i get a chance to work on that.

All comments welcome.
    peace love light

Hi Sky Watcher

Very nice work ! I like that the coils that you used !

You might won"t to check out my work at energybat.com that might help you. also see my post below,

any questions let me know.

Thanks Geoffrey at Energy Bat Labs

​​​​​​To ALL on Energy Science Form 3/20/2024:

My name is Geoffrey S Miller, I run Energy Bat Labs.

In 2017 I did a talk at Aaron's conference on the Joe Newman Motor. ( You can buy the talk from Aaron)

The reason I am posting is twofold soon I will be having a REAL Joe Newman Motor for sale to everyone for R/D work
    it will be about 1x1x1 foot sq.

You can see my BIG 10,000 lbs Newman Motor at energybat.com

The other reason that I am posting is that in this past January my 5,000 foot LAB was totally Destroyed,
    I want to rebuild a new lab, it will take money and Good people to help me to do this!

You can see what happened to the lab on my website energybat.com, and look at the VIDEOS of it all.

I will let everyone know when the Newman Motor will be for sale.

Thank You to anyone that can help !

Have a Great Day !

Geoffrey S Miller at Energy Bat Labs 3/20/24

1.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 6.28.17 PM.png
    Energy Bat Geoffrey Miller work improves efficiencies of battery charging systems and extends life of the battery. Water and air turbine energy designs have also been designed.

Comment

Thanks for the posts and schematics/pictures SkyWatcher.
      Invention Secrecy Act: https://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/...s/?page_id=983
      https://web.archive.org/web/20101108...recy_2010.html

Comment

Hi all, Hi Energybat, thanks for the kind words and thank you for sharing the work you are and have been doing. Sorry about the attacks upon your efforts.
        Hi straggl3r, your welcome.
        I am continuing work on this setup, i intend to make more of the pancake coils and stack them just the same, almost finished with another pancake coil as we speak.
        peace love light

Comment

Hi all, I've been making more tests and realized, that the c20 charge rate needs to be observed, when charging lead acid.

As too low of output, as set by the potentiometer, will be less efficient and too much amperage output, will be inefficient at being absorbed by lead acid batteries.
          I checked the input amps compared to output amps at different settings of potentiometer.

At 200 milliamps input, the output averages around 270 milliamps, which is close to c20 charge rate.
          At 300 milliamps input, the output is 410 milliamps, this is too high to be absorbed efficiently by this 5ah battery.

This is why the 200 milliamp input, has been the most efficient so far, at around 102%, based upon charge/discharge watt/hours used.
          Also remember, lead acid is only 50% efficient at absorbing charge and worse from 90-100% of charge.

The next tests, will involve adding more pancake coils, a third one will be added and compared with similar output levels, to observe for any efficiency gains.
          All comments welcome.
          peace love light

Comment

I'd also highly recommend this free ebook by Peter Lindemann. It has a ton of valuable info including properly charging batteries:
            Solar Secrets: https://emediapress.com/shop/solar-secrets/
            Last edited by straggl3r; 03-25-2024, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Hi straggl3r, thanks for the information.
              I also added a photoflash cap., directly across the charge battery connections.
              I salvaged it sometime ago, from one of those throw away cameras, i had on hand.
              It's 100-150uF electrolytic-low esr capacitor.
              This addition, may help charge absorption and more charge efficiency.
              All comments welcome.
              peace love light

Comment

Thanks, bud. I recommended the book not as some kind of advertising (it looks that way), but because it really is top-notch info that Peter is just giving away.
                Thanks for helping to keep the forum alive!

Comment

Working...
                X