Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magneticitist
    replied
    to Seth.. i was able to get it working off of the 2N4403, a tiny radio shack transistor. had to reverse the C and E connections to get it working at first.
    the 2N3906 should work also i'd think.

i noticed at times its hard to get it to start oscillating, and sometimes it fires right up. wildly tapping at the tins usually does the trick lol.

also my setup was very poor, no board, just crappy hanging wires..

i used the trigger transformer from a camera circuit as instructed by Mr. Davro in his step by step build video.

oh yea and i was using a ran down 12v as the input (probably around 6v) and no real heat in the circuit.
    Last edited by Magneticitist; 08-17-2010, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    Originally posted by seth View Post
    Hey guys!

Ive been following this thread, and ive tried lots of variations of the SEC/exciter/kacher, but i just cant get it to work. Ive been at it all weekend without success. I must be doing something wrong as i see that most people here were able to get it working. So a few questions - how important is the transistor?

Ive tried...

TIP 3055
    TIP 31C
    TIP 42C
    MJE 130096

burnt fingers from hot transistors, but no cigar. Will the 2N 3906 in my J.Thief work?

Im using thick copper pipe (8mm diametre) 2- 8 turns as primary, and 450 ish turns as secondary.

various resistors.

using a tiny neon bulb on my secondary to look for success.

I even tried Jonny D's simple step by step SEC. Your instructions were marvellous Jonny, but i fried my tiny trigger transformer very quickly.

All in all a disappointing weekend, but im hoping someone here can point out the simple error of my ways.

On the plus side i got my magnesium coil/ copper pipe battery lighting LEDs on my J thief. Thanks go to Lidmotor, Jeanna and Lasersaber.
    I think the MPSA06 works the best for this circuit.

Did you try reversing the polarity on your L2 coil?

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    plastic (non conducting) tube for the primary??? eh??? Or do you mean insulated wire? Should the primary wire be thick?

have i misunderstood?

Thanks for the suggestion xee....please elaborate as im confused...what kind of wire for L1 and L2 did you use?....i know youve done this also as i saw your clear schematic. Cheers!
    I did not read carefully enough. I thought you were wrapping the turns around a copper pipe. Using copper tubing as primary is OK, and is done for many Tesla coils. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Leave a comment:

• TanTric
    replied

lol

i was missing your point, just like xee.. i see it now!!

you are using copper tube in the primary? i never used it, so i cannot advice you.. but it seems that works in all the replicas i have seen!!

what schematic are you using?

EDIT: brother, is very easy!!!

i will explain it again... you just need to connect one side of the primary to batery POSITIVE, then the other side of primary to transistor (NPN) colector, then the big coil (thin wire) you connect the end closer to primary (position) to the base of the transistor, and the emiter of transistor to batery NEGATIVE.

and you r done!! to put it to self oscilate, just put a resistance between batery positive and transistor BASE!

put an avramenko plug with led at the end of the big coil, so you can easily see if it starts!!

if it dont start, change(invert) the ends of the primary, or put the primary on the other side of the big coil!

best wishes!! hugs
    Last edited by TanTric; 08-16-2010, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TanTric
    replied

are you using a copper core in your coil?

xee means the core of the coil i think...

TIP 3055, TIP 31C, TIP 41C (NPN) TIP 42C(PNP) work well, there's no much difference in performance!

the 3906 will burn quik!!

hugs brother

plastic (non conducting) tube for the primary??? eh??? Or do you mean insulated wire? Should the primary wire be thick?

have i misunderstood?

Thanks for the suggestion xee....please elaborate as im confused...what kind of wire for L1 and L2 did you use?....i know youve done this also as i saw your clear schematic. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Originally posted by xee2 View Post
    You can not use a conductive tube. Find a plastic tube and it should work better.

have i misunderstood?

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied

Im using thick copper pipe (8mm diametre)
    You can not use a conductive tube. Find a plastic tube and it should work better.

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Hey guys!

Ive been following this thread, and ive tried lots of variations of the SEC/exciter/kacher, but i just cant get it to work. Ive been at it all weekend without success. I must be doing something wrong as i see that most people here were able to get it working. So a few questions - how important is the transistor?

Ive tried...

TIP 3055
    TIP 31C
    TIP 42C
    MJE 130096

burnt fingers from hot transistors, but no cigar. Will the 2N 3906 in my J.Thief work?

Im using thick copper pipe (8mm diametre) 2- 8 turns as primary, and 450 ish turns as secondary.

various resistors.

using a tiny neon bulb on my secondary to look for success.

I even tried Jonny D's simple step by step SEC. Your instructions were marvellous Jonny, but i fried my tiny trigger transformer very quickly.

All in all a disappointing weekend, but im hoping someone here can point out the simple error of my ways.

On the plus side i got my magnesium coil/ copper pipe battery lighting LEDs on my J thief. Thanks go to Lidmotor, Jeanna and Lasersaber.

Leave a comment:

• TanTric
    replied
    i have allready noticed that also, have you tryed the SG in series, instead of parallel to coil and cap?

the same concept as the tesla hairpin, this parallel SG its magic using high voltage,

Originally posted by Magneticitist View Post
    ive noticed that a spark gap into a transformer to make the DC pulse produces a much greater output than the DC pulse coming from a rectified transistor, or simply using the AC for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• Magneticitist
    replied
    i recently had one of those circuits to play with and yes it is interesting.
    its also not hard to follow the same idea and make one of your own using an ignition coil or something similar.

they use a 2kV cap (or close to it) to charge up until it hits just enough voltage to bridge the gap which DC pulses the transformer.

ive noticed that a spark gap into a transformer to make the DC pulse produces a much greater output than the DC pulse coming from a rectified transistor, or simply using the AC for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• SkyWatcher
    replied
    Hi folks, I'm sure you folks may have seen this already, however it is an interesting circuit with the cap discharging through a spark gap into the output transformers primary, seems very similar to tesla and other devices. Maybe more interesting is the fact that they were made illegal and bigclive said the legislation (so called) was rushed through over night. Maybe there is something within this device that needs more attention. Yes this is from bigclives site.
    Explore a stun gun.
    peace love light
    Tyson
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    @Woopy
    Originally posted by woopy View Post
    This morning i asked me what could happen if we spread (vaporised) some water directly on the plasma arc at the end of L1, Did somebody tried this already ?
    No time to test today as i am a brand new grand father
    Hi Laurent.Congrats on becoming a grandad
    I too have been thinking about what would happen if you sprayed a fine mist on a strong plasma jet.Would the plasma arc from one particle to the next?Or maybe something like the spark plug exploding water could be developed.
    Another experiment which i want to try is to get hold of some of that super bubble soap mix,the type which will allow a massive bubble to form and excite that.The large surface area and fact that water is being used as a thin film may yield some interesting results and also make a great portable radiator.Jonny
    @Slayer.Great vid.I tried it and it is as you show.I also tried collecting the bemf of the L2 coil like you have long advocated and that reduced current draw nicely.Cheers.Jonny.

Leave a comment:

• TanTric
    replied
    hello laurent, so glad you like it dear friend!

i have not made the experience with regular primary, i know that you allready tryed arround 20V in your exiter plasma spinner setup... just get thick plate of copper, solder it to bottom pin of a 15W fridge bulb, and then you must touch the outside shell of the bulb with your fingers, and put the plate close to the tower, just like i show in the video!

but try it with your regular exiter primary!

if you dont have sucess then wind 4 turns of 3mm thick wire, in half bottom of the tower!

put a resistor between positive and base (1k to 3k), and put another one from negative to base (100 to 200ohm), also try your diode from emiter to base!

please share your setup in the "Brovin/Ketcher Generator" thread... because altough this is very similar to sec/slayer exiter... this particular setup have some differences from the device we are talking in this thread!

hugs

Originally posted by woopy View Post
    @synchro

@Tantric

Hi juju nice job. if i see well ,you replaced your L2 coil with a 4 turns of plain copper (a la Tesla coil). Have you problem with heating at the transistor ?. Perhaps can you post a recent shematic ? Thanks and bravo.

Laurent
    Last edited by TanTric; 08-02-2010, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Cellfone radiant energy vs Mini Tesla

hi to all.
    A cellfone ringtone flasher w/o battery brightly light up at the back cover
    and a avrenko led barely lit up

On mini tesla the opposite occurs the avrenko led is very bright while the led flasher barely lit up
    That means the avrenko can pick up energy on a ringing cellfone

can convert to trickle charge.....????????

cheers
    totoalas

[IMG][IMG=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2797/minitesla020810024a.jpg][/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG][IMG=http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4976/minitesla020810027a.jpg][/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    @synchro
    i tried to add a brush of several fine ss wire on the upper lead of a 1N4148 and nothing on the down lead. And almost no electrolisis. Perhaps i have to add the brush also on the down lead to get balanced charges? Will try this next.

@Tantric

Hi juju nice job. if i see well ,you replaced your L2 coil with a 4 turns of plain copper (a la Tesla coil). Have you problem with heating at the transistor ?. Perhaps can you post a recent shematic ? Thanks and bravo.

@Lidmotor

Nice result for a beautifull boat. Thanks for sharing

@Slayer

Yes no discution. It works very well. I have to find a variable capacitor.

@All

This morning i asked me what could happen if we spread (vaporised) some water directly on the plasma arc at the end of L1, Did somebody tried this already ?
    No time to test today as i am a brand new grand father.

good luck at all

Laurent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X